Darkover

Darkover

Angelic
Jul 29, 2021
sex means a lot us but it's not guaranteed is life worth coming alive for if you don't have a filling sex life

what about creativity is living in a limited environment ever worth it, even if it means you can't pursue your dreams
like programming and simulating your own universe

what about having to slave away to survive for 8 hours a day for 5 days a week for 50 years

in my opinion i would be better off just never existing because of these short comings I've mentioned above

• Hugs
Reactions: _Minsk, DeIetedUser4739, Forever Sleep and 4 others
waterworks

waterworks

in the luminous darkness
Jan 31, 2024
I think you have in common the same thing as one of the most profound philosophical world views, Buddhism. I'm not Buddhist and I'm not religious, but what's the point of life if the experience is just nothing but pain? We suffer because we have things we desire. We can stop wanting those things and force ourselves to accept what we do have, which the Buddhist way, and inadvertently, is what I believe most humans are doing right now. The second option, is to leave life.

Reactions: sserafim, Forever Sleep, divinemistress36 and 3 others
derpyderpins

derpyderpins

Accentuate the Positive
Sep 19, 2023
I don't know if sex makes life worth it, but having a fulfilling relationship comes as close as possible to making wage cuckery worth it

Reactions: leavingthesoultrap, divinemistress36, LoiteringClouds and 1 other person
hibikikyuxx

hibikikyuxx

Student
Oct 17, 2023
There is nothing about life that's worth living for.

Reactions: _Minsk, LostinTime24, pthnrdnojvsc and 2 others
Infinite Solipsist

Infinite Solipsist

Jun 20, 2024
Of all the things possibly worth living for, sex is definitely not one them. As far as working for 50 years, you can hang that fantasy deep into the closet because our lawmakers are steadily making sure everyone under 40 years old will never be able to retire.

• Aww..
Reactions: sserafim, leavingthesoultrap, divinemistress36 and 1 other person
Beyond_Repair

Beyond_Repair

Disheartened Ghost
Oct 27, 2023
Sex I can take or leave, but the times I have been able to engross myself in a book/movie/video game I really enjoyed have made it worth something.

It's not really worth it in the long run for me though because like you mentioned, you have to sell your soul for ⅓ of your working life to support these things and any other hobbies you have. The tradeoff isn't really worth it imo

Reactions: sserafim and _Minsk
divinemistress36

divinemistress36

Visionary
Jan 1, 2024
Sex is overrated

Reactions: permanently tired, thebelljarrr, _Minsk and 2 others
F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
I'd be kind of surprised if anyone here said yes. Maybe if their troubles are recent and they had a fulfilling life prior.

Reactions: sserafim and leavingthesoultrap
leavingthesoultrap

leavingthesoultrap

(ᴗ_ ᴗ。)
Nov 25, 2023
It depends. Not everyone will have an equal footing at life. It can be incredibly unfair.
I hope that this life is final and I will never have to experience Earth again.
Of all the things possibly worth living for, sex is definitely not one them. As far as working for 50 years, you can hang that fantasy deep into the closet because our lawmakers are steadily making sure everyone under 40 years old will never be able to retire.
And you have to give away a huge chunk of your wage to the current retirees. At least in my country... It's literally slaving for the elderly

Last edited:
Reactions: Infinite Solipsist and sserafim