MiMif

MiMif

I do not live for others to understand me...
Sep 13, 2023
My dad's bday is in 5 days but I want to ctb tonight....even though I wanna do it tonight I don't wanna ruin his bday....you think he would still enjoy it if I did?

And if I fail I don't wanna be the center of attention on his birthday

• Hugs
Reactions: smigglesbred, Forever Sleep and LastFlowers
hi-okbye

hi-okbye

7.7.2023<3
May 5, 2023
i wish i could say no but i do think it'll effect him. you don't owe anyone anything, if this will make you happy then i say do what makes you happy.
i hope you find peace soon good luck <3

• Love
Reactions: smigglesbred, loopdaloop and Lookoutbelow
B

betternever2havbeen

Paragon
Jun 19, 2022
No they won't get over it quickly and most likely it will completely destroy your dad's birthday you not being there. I can't tell you what to do but you might wanna think about the impact it'll have on your loved ones a bit more if you think it's going to be that easy for them to get over. It's going to absolutely devastate them for a LONG time. What is the urgency that you can't even wait a few days to enjoy your dad's birthday with him? Here if you need to talk.

Reactions: loopdaloop and carnivalforone
carnivalforone

carnivalforone

Experienced
Sep 29, 2023
No they won't get over it quickly and most likely it will completely destroy your dad's birthday you not being there. I can't tell you what to do but you might wanna think about the impact it'll have on your loved ones a bit more if you think it's going to be that easy for them to get over. It's going to absolutely devastate them for a LONG time. What is the urgency that you can't even wait a few days to enjoy your dad's birthday with him? Here if you need to talk.
this^

Reactions: betternever2havbeen
MiMif

MiMif

Sep 13, 2023
Every second of living hurts lately....and I'm back at home currently and still depressed and it doesn't help that my dad has anger issues. His anger issues increase when I'm depressed cause I show less emotion and that annoys him. So living is even more unbearable then it was before....It's hard lasting a second awake.

Hard to explain
Have you ever lost a loved one and if so how long did it take to "get over it" or for things to feel more normal.

I'm not sure cause I don't get attached to people like that so even when I lose people in my life I don't feel much it would be nice to get your Input

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: betternever2havbeen and dizzdesi
O

obsoletewreck

Lost in my mind
Oct 4, 2023
Have you ever lost a loved one and if so how long did it take to "get over it" or for things to feel more normal.
Personally I lost my mother when I was 14 and for the first year I was seemingly alright, but it just hadn't registered yet. After the first year, and to this day, the thought of my mother's death haunts me. It's been the main cause of my depression for the past 6 years. I hate myself for not having treated her better while she was alive, and for my becoming a person she wouldn't love, that she would hate me for being.

• Aww..
  • Hugs
Reactions: kitty_kat, LastFlowers, betternever2havbeen and 1 other person
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
It probably just depends on the individual. But eventually I bet that most of us won't even exist in the memories of those who continue to stay here as we all have to cease existing someday.

Reactions: LastFlowers
voc_89

voc_89

Experienced
Apr 10, 2023
No. We all know this. Hence why we are still here.

Reactions: Forever Sleep and betternever2havbeen
B

betternever2havbeen

Paragon
Jun 19, 2022
Every second of living hurts lately....and I'm back at home currently and still depressed and it doesn't help that my dad has anger issues. His anger issues increase when I'm depressed cause I show less emotion and that annoys him. So living is even more unbearable then it was before....It's hard lasting a second awake.

Hard to explain
Ah right I'm sorry to hear your dad has anger issues, you're safe tho right? He's not violent or anything? I dunno maybe have a heart to heart with him and tell him you're struggling right now with depression but you can't help it-do you think he'd be receptive to that? I hope you can figure something out with him.

Personally I lost my mother when I was 14 and for the first year I was seemingly alright, but it just hadn't registered yet. After the first year, and to this day, the thought of my mother's death haunts me. It's been the main cause of my depression for the past 6 years. I hate myself for not having treated her better while she was alive, and for my becoming a person she wouldn't love, that she would hate me for being.
I'm sorry for your loss-I have similar feelings although I lost a parent when I was in my 20s, the guilt is terrible and also ended up making me very depressed to the point I threw the rest of my 20s away. Stayed inside, distanced from my friends, never went after any opportunities. I don't advise it though! When a parent dies you suddenly see everything you did and said in a new light and there can be a lot of guilt because there is no chance to fix it. I'll bet you are being hard on yourself about a lot of things though, you were only a teenager, every teen gives their parents grief! I think parents just want you to be happy and get the most out of life, she would be sad if you weren't doing that but she would absolutely still love you and not hate you. You've been through something hugely traumatic so you really should not be so hard on yourself, I'm sure you're doing the best you can.

LaVieEnRose

LaVieEnRose

Angelic
Jul 23, 2022
My dad's bday is in 5 days but I want to ctb tonight....even though I wanna do it tonight I don't wanna ruin his bday....you think he would still enjoy it if I did?
Well, I think the answer to that question is pretty clear.

A two-week difference between CTB and important dates is advised.

• Informative
Reactions: Forever Sleep and LastFlowers
MiMif

MiMif

Sep 13, 2023
Ah right I'm sorry to hear your dad has anger issues, you're safe tho right? He's not violent or anything? I dunno maybe have a heart to heart with him and tell him you're struggling right now with depression but you can't help it-do you think he'd be receptive to that? I hope you can figure something out with him.
he already know I'm suicidal and he cursed at me and called me selfish when he found out I cut myself and refused to get me therapy (I was in highschool) he used to be physical but not to a huge extent. Like I don't hate my dad he just has a hard time with emotions and dealing with anything....he's never apologized to me once in my life even when he was in the wrong...he's proud...too proud.

My family relations are complicated

• Hugs
Reactions: LastFlowers and betternever2havbeen
B

betternever2havbeen

Paragon
Jun 19, 2022
@MiMif sorry to hear that, it's a bit worrying ngl. Anyone else you can talk to or even stay with?

LastFlowers

LastFlowers

the haru that can read
Apr 27, 2019
No. We all know this. Hence why we are still here.
That's not why I'm still here. I'm already dead to anyone who should or would care.
They don't give a rat's ass, but I'm sure my death will be used for attention seeking purposes, which will probably mean an invasion of privacy to boot.

And if I fail I don't wanna be the center of attention on his birthday
It's always going to be someone's birthday, someone else's special day..but if you can avoid immediate family birthdays, probably better to, if not for their sake, then for the sake of your own memory.
5 days away is probably cutting it a little close.
But if you know it's time for your suffering to end, then it is what it is.

I have a bad feeling I'm going to accidentally choose a day that means something to someone tangential to me and that they are going to make a big fuss about it..but I'm so isolated and avoidant, it's impossible for me to keep track of all these dates and I've got to get a move on.
I can't even ctb on my own birthday because I share it with another family member and it's also super close to someone else's.
(I desperately wanted to do it the day before my last birthday, I can't even remember what else was going on then.)

Last edited:
voc_89

voc_89

Experienced
Apr 10, 2023
That's not why I'm still here. I'm already dead to anyone who should or would care.
They don't give a rat's ass, but I'm sure my death will be used for attention seeking purposes, which will probably mean an invasion of privacy to boot.
i understand. I am sorry to know that you are/have been going through so much.... people suck.