Do you think the world will be a better place without you ?

• Yes

• No

• Unsure

Results are only viewable after voting.
MeltingBrain

MeltingBrain

Mage
May 29, 2023
As some of you might know I am suffering from severe health issues including difficulty to walk long/medium distances .
If I am consuming 5$ worth of something I should be contributing 5$ worth back, but as a NEET I feel like a complete failure as I am unable to do so because of my health issues. I must be an emotional drain on other people as well although I keep to myself 99% of the time, I can read the dissapointed body language of my family members because of my NEETDOM.
If I can't constribute to the betterment of the world, betterment of my family or the betterment of myself , the only logical end I should meet is death.

What are your thoughts on this. Do you feel the same way about yourself ?
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
You can find previous polls here: https://sanctioned-suicide.net/threads/meltingbrain-all-polls.123887/
Part of : https://sanctioned-suicide.net/thre...st-at-least-1-poll-daily.123125/#post-2051973
DailyPoll
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

• Hugs
Reactions: Lostandlooking, Praestat_Mori and Forever Sleep
U

Unspoken7612

Student
Jul 14, 2024
No, I know the world will be (slightly) worse off without me. And I think that's usually or always true, unless maybe you're a serial killer who hasn't been caught yet or some other extreme situation.

You shouldn't think of your worth in such crude terms. We all have a certain amount of intrinsic unquantifiable value. People probably don't view you as such a drain. I also think you obviously contribute to the betterment of the world - I, for one, am glad you started this conversation.

• Love
Reactions: MeltingBrain and Praestat_Mori
Marco77

Marco77

À ma manière 🪦
Aug 18, 2024
No. I don't give a damn about the good of the world. There is nothing good about this world, it is just an insignificant planet that hosts a criminal biology that deserves only eternal disappearance. There is nothing positive in existence in general. If you are unable to contribute to your family it means that you are unable to do so and why should you! Where is it written? Does God say it? Does the law say so? I don't believe in that nonsense. You are not in good health, it is right that those who love existence take care of the failing Darwinian biology. Make fun of the world with all its absurdities. Live with detachment.

• Hugs
Reactions: ijustwishtodie, MeltingBrain and Praestat_Mori
NearlyIrrelevantCake

NearlyIrrelevantCake

The Cake Is A Lie
Aug 12, 2021
The insignificance of my existence has no net effect on the world at large.

• Hugs
Reactions: ijustwishtodie, AtheistCDsissy, MeltingBrain and 1 other person
Kinasea

Kinasea

Truly alone
Oct 1, 2024
Kinda parroting what others have said, but i dont really think it would be "better" and if anything maybe a little worse since there are some people who would care if i died. Not that it really matters either way for me because ill wanna do it regardless if the world is better or worse off

F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
It's a mixture really. The environment would be much better off without me. My job generates a lot of waste and pollution. As a citizen, I'm pretty negligible. I don't earn enough to pay a lot of tax. I don't do a huge amount to support my community. I give to a few charities I suppose and I don't break the law or try to inconvenience people.

The truth is, only a handful of people will even notice whether I'm dead or alive! My employers might say something nice about how hard I've worked but, they'll find someone to replace me easily enough. It's hard to judge how it could affect the family/ friends I have left. Most are pretty estranged now but, I just don't know how deeply it might affect them. Sometimes, I feel like they'll be just fine. Other times, I think it could potentially be very upsetting.

• Hugs
Reactions: MeltingBrain, Lostandlooking and Praestat_Mori
finallydone

finallydone

Aug 18, 2024
no, the world will keep going whether i existed or not

Reactions: ijustwishtodie, MeltingBrain and Praestat_Mori
FoxInWaiting

FoxInWaiting

I want out!
May 27, 2023
Without a doubt, and I don't mean that as some whoa is me crap, I know this world needs less people like me. I'm lazy, angry, and just begging for an excuse to snap on someone.

Hell, I think the world as a whole needs a good Thanos Snap. About half the animals that call themselves "people" on this planet need to go.

And hey, maybe I'm one of them. All I really do is complain and do things I find fun, so if it's for the greater good, I'll happily volunteer to be apart of that half that fades into dust.

Wile I'm still here though, fuck this world and the disgusting creatures that inhabit it. I didn't ask to be here, I don't want any of this, so I'm just gonna milk it for whatever fun I can get my hands on until I finally get bored enough to leave.

• Hugs
P

Praestat_Mori

Mori praestat, quam haec pati!
May 21, 2023
Within the context of the whole world I'm too insignificant. However, if I offed myself right after my big failure that would have prevented me and family from stress but if I offed myself they wouldn't have been happy about it either and that would have caused stress.

I mean, in general only people that do real harm would be better dead - but it's not easy to discuss this subject it can fill books with pros and cons.

• Informative
Reactions: MeltingBrain and Enga
Plato'sCaveDweller

Plato'sCaveDweller

Sleep is good, death is better.
Sep 2, 2024
Definitely not. I'm bothering no one, and those close to me do get positive value out of my existence, so if anything the world will be left in a worse state after I take my leave. But that's simply something you accept with CTBing.

• Love
Reactions: MeltingBrain
C

chester

Student
Aug 1, 2024
No. The world is already bad enough and my impact is insignificant. There's only a handful of people who would be negatively impacted by my departure, but that's it.
The environment would be much better off without me. My job generates a lot of waste and pollution.
You think your dying would make a difference here? You'd be replaced in no time. There wouldn't be any environmental impact.

Reactions: ijustwishtodie and MeltingBrain
Dr Iron Arc

Dr Iron Arc

Into the Unknown
Feb 10, 2020
100% yes. I am one of the most selfish, cruel, evil, and wasteful humans that I know and all of the good that will come from me dying is enough to massively outweigh the sniveling sentiments of a few crybabies who are dumb enough to mourn my death.

• Wow
Reactions: MeltingBrain
MeltingBrain

MeltingBrain

Mage
May 29, 2023
If you are unable to contribute to your family it means that you are unable to do so and why should you! Where is it written? Does God say it? Does the law say so? I don't believe in that nonsense. You are not in good health, it is right that those who love existence take care of the failing Darwinian biology.
It's not written or mandated anywhere but I feel like giving back something of equal value (financial or emotional) is a fair thing to do because I am not taking undue advantage of someone else. I view my failing health as a me problem.

Marco77

Marco77

À ma manière 🪦
Aug 18, 2024
It's not written or mandated anywhere but I feel like giving back something of equal value (financial or emotional) is a fair thing to do because I am not taking undue advantage of someone else. I view my failing health as a me problem.
Values are social coefficients. Everyone can invent them as they see fit, even if they usually work through imitative models. For you, helping your family is a value and if you can't do it you betray your own value. Furthermore, your health is separate from the rest, for you it is only your business. I think you answered yourself. Obviously you will commit suicide out of a sense of inadequacy.

Reactions: ijustwishtodie
MeltingBrain

MeltingBrain

Mage
May 29, 2023
You shouldn't think of your worth in such crude terms. We all have a certain amount of intrinsic unquantifiable value. People probably don't view you as such a drain.
We do have intrinsic value but it's maintained by the labor of others while I just sit around doing nothing . A lot of people will get hurt emotionally if I CTB that is true but they expect more from me than I am capable right now due to my health, which is a roundabout way of being a burden . I don't blame them either, nobody owes anything to a resource guzzler .
Values are social coefficients. Everyone can invent them as they see fit, even if they usually work through imitative models. For you, helping your family is a value and if you can't do it you betray your own value. Furthermore, your health is separate from the rest, for you it is only your business. I think you answered yourself. Obviously you will commit suicide out of a sense of inadequacy.
Do you disagree with the "fair exchange" model ?
Obviously you will commit suicide out of a sense of inadequacy.
There is a good chance

Last edited:
LunarLight

LunarLight

i'm a loser, a failure
Apr 3, 2024
I'm not sure. I've done horrible things in the past, but it's the past. Now I'm a pretty decent human being, with her dark side of course.

ijustwishtodie

ijustwishtodie

death will be my ultimate bliss
Oct 29, 2023
No, the world wouldn't be better or worse without me. This is going to be controversial but I think that those who think that the world would be better or worse due to their deaths are massive narcissists. People die everyday, every second and yet the world is still the same as it always is. All of us here are irrelevant and expendable, that's just the truth and objectivity of life. Of course it's different if you're considering the impact on your nearby surroundings such as your family but to think that your death would have an overall impact on the world itself is stupid