• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

Do you think it's IMMORAL for suicidal people to make new friend/s ?

• Yes, it's immoral❌

• No, it's moral✅

• It's moral if you are open about it beforehand otherwise it's immoral . 🗣

• Unsure 🤔

• Others (Please comment)

Results are only viewable after voting.
MeltingBrain

MeltingBrain

Mage
May 29, 2023
Reactions: FormerlyFe(IV)
passivethought121

passivethought121

Student
Jun 11, 2023
Thought about it this morning. I think there are a lot of factors in whether it's moral or not, such as: the day someone plans to CTB, how likely someone is to actually CTB, and the intent of the friendship. By the intent, I mean whether the relationship will be extremely close or whether it'll be leaning towards an acquaintanceship.

Aloneisbestforme

Aloneisbestforme

Terminally online
Aug 17, 2023
I think it's okay for suicidal people to make friends.

at the end of the day nothing last forever plus just having someone to talk to eases the pain a bit before the end date comes.
and yea it hurts to see someone you know go and I understand that feeling but at the end of the day it's their choice and their life

PinkyStat

PinkyStat

It’s killing me
Jun 4, 2023
I think it really depends on the current situation, but probably not, it is confortable to make new friends if it is possible, from my suicidal experience it is very hard to even make new friends when you are at your rock bottom, i think people should never be prohibited to interact with each other, we are social creatures after all (even though it is very hard to a lot of us to socialize)

F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
I think it depends. It's the same response as the: 'Is it immoral to look for a new relationship.' If someone is actively looking to acquire friends to give them emotional support but fully intends to CTB without telling them- that does seem morally questionable.

Friendships form organically in real life though. You might just get chatting to a person on a bus and realise you have a lot in common. Presumably- if you become really close, they'll know about the ideation. Then- it's up to them really. Still, if a person is really close to CTB, I don't know- it does seem kind of cruel to put a newly made friend through that.

Z

Zaphkiel

IDK
May 13, 2023
I think it depends. It's the same response as the: 'Is it immoral to look for a new relationship.' If someone is actively looking to acquire friends to give them emotional support but fully intends to CTB without telling them- that does seem morally questionable.

Friendships form organically in real life though. You might just get chatting to a person on a bus and realise you have a lot in common. Presumably- if you become really close, they'll know about the ideation. Then- it's up to them really. Still, if a person is really close to CTB, I don't know- it does seem kind of cruel to put a newly made friend through that.
There is friend...and Friend.
Someone you knew just recently wont be close enough to be that sad. When distant family pass that you barely see in all your life away you're not very sad, so you probably won't be for an almost complete stranger.

F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
There is friend...and Friend.
Someone you knew just recently wont be close enough to be that sad. When distant family pass that you barely see in all your life away you're not very sad, so you probably won't be for an almost complete stranger.

This isn't just death though- this is suicide. I imagine the pain is different. Plus- we don't know about how another person will experience grief. Some people here don't seem to experience it much at all- even over close family members. Other people feel deeply moved when their favourite celebrity dies. I don't think anyone can predict how another person can react.

I agree that people closer to us likely will suffer more. Still- it depends on how much someone opens up. What kind of bond they felt they had with you. How much they valued it and what they feel about death. That's stuff we can't completely control- although- I guess we can try to protect them. If you know you're seriously considering CTB- maybe you warn people not to get too close or dependant on the friendship.

I don't really do fair weather friends though. I'm guessing that's what you're refering to. To me- they're more acquaintances and- we can't help but form them without being rude and just ignoring everyone.

But yeah- I really don't think you can predict how a person will react to something. We only know what it's like to be ourselves.

MeltingBrain

MeltingBrain

Mage
May 29, 2023
In friendships the only expectation is to spend quality time with the other person . Paraphrasing Zaphkiel , Spilling your deepest secrets is "good to have" in a distant friendship but only necessary to do in close friendships.
I do understand where you are coming from though . Close friendship or a distant one , the other person is inevetably going to get traumatised.
*expected not necessary

Last edited: