• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

Do you think it's IMMORAL for single suicidal people to date other people ?

• Yes, it's immoral❌

Votes: 4 9.3%
  • No, it's moral✅

Votes: 8 18.6%
  • It's moral if you are open about it beforehand otherwise it's immoral . 🗣

Votes: 20 46.5%
  • Unsure 🤔

Votes: 7 16.3%
  • Other (Please comment)

Votes: 4 9.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
MeltingBrain

MeltingBrain

Mage
May 29, 2023
Why did you come to this conclusion ?

Note: I found this question asked by one of the users recently , thought I would turn it into a poll with some modification (Can't find the post now, please link it below if you find it).

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
You can find previous polls here: https://sanctioned-suicide.net/threads/meltingbrain-all-polls.123887/
Part of : https://sanctioned-suicide.net/thre...st-at-least-1-poll-daily.123125/#post-2051973
DailyPoll
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Reactions: FormerlyFe(IV)
B

brokeandbroken

Warlock
Apr 18, 2023
I think the answer is it depends on a myriad of factors. For one how suicidal? Are you open to living? Or have you bought a ticket to CTB as it were. How emotionally available are you? Are you able to contribute to the relationship? If you are open to a relationship and can be present for it, you are maybe suicidal but not looking to CTB or are open to not, and etc.... Then it probably isn't immoral. If you have committed yourself to CTB then it's probably immoral as you are openly inflicting pain onto another human being.

H

HappyForever?

Love from the deepest dream
Feb 14, 2021
I'd say it's immoral unless you are open about it early in dating. Unfortunately, it's a dealbreaker for most. However, there are suicidal people that will become less suicidal if they are able to successfully date, and I think they are exceptions.

K

k1w1

Experienced
Feb 16, 2022
it's immoral to start dating someone if you have plans to actually go through with it. if you're just suicidal with no plans to leave then there's no issue.
Agree with this. Been suicidal on and off since I was a boy. Now 60, have enjoyed a rich & varied love life & have been open about my position with all my long-term partners. Now I am at the end game several close friends also know that it is when not if, & are all at their own measures of acceptance. However the point of difference is my age. You get to do what the hell you want & screw anything that says otherwise.

Reactions: tora
John Ryder

John Ryder

"You're a smart kid...you'll figure it out."
Jul 7, 2023
Too complicated to be answered by multiple choice

Reactions: Skathon
F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
I'm assuming this is based on knowing someone in real life or maybe online as a friend initially- but then, you both start to realise you have feelings for one another. At that point- I think it's only fair to let them know about your ideation and just how bad things are. If they still want to pursue a relationship then- knowing the risks- then- that's up to them. We can't exactly help what happens to us by chance.

What I'd say isn't fair would be to actively pursue a romantic relationship knowing that CTB is likely. Really whether the person is informed or not- it doesn't seem good to try and find someone for basically end of life support and then, leave them. So- personally- yeah- I think doing things like joining dating sites isn't the most moral thing to do if you are fairly sure you're going to kill yourself at some point.

As others have said in the past though- maybe casual sex/ one night stands is different- if neither parties expect or want commitment. I can't say I'm in to that personally though- so I don't really relate to that mindset but presumably it's not so much about human connection- other than physical connection! So- maybe that's different.