Sunoo

Sunoo

Student
Sep 25, 2023
Like if people enjoyed your company and wanted to be around you and treated you better would you still be on this site today?
Because this is kind of one of my reasons to why I want to disappear. Maybe I'm sensitive and take people's actions towards me out of context but Idk

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Beyond_Repair, deadbody, ViniTerrible and 9 others
Torabol

Torabol

Student
Apr 15, 2023
I'm considered 'attractive' and still want to CTB.

• Hugs
Reactions: coked_pigeon, AntHills, fiftyfiftyclown and 16 others
WAITING TO DIE

WAITING TO DIE

TORMENTED
Sep 30, 2023
I'm average looking and miserable but even if I was handsome and popular I would still want to die.

Reactions: MatrixPrisoner, haibane, Oneness and 2 others
G

greebo6

Enlightened
Sep 11, 2020
Yep. I am and always have been ugly . It would not have always been so bad if I had been at least average instead.

• Hugs
Reactions: kitty_kat, LastFlowers, manuel1056x and 3 others
Amyend88

Amyend88

A&E
Oct 22, 2023
No. Being good looking is overrated. You're always stared at and judged by your said looks i.e. people think of you as an object and think you're thick, cause you can't possibly be interesting and attractive..

• Yay!
  • Hugs
Reactions: edu0z, Le_Dauphin, Life'sA6itch and 2 others
Sunoo

Sunoo

Student
Sep 25, 2023
I'm average looking and miserable but even if I was handsome and popular I would still want to die.
most people say I'm "pretty" but with how people are treating me now it makes me confused. I don't see myself as ugly but I feel unwanted constantly
Also it's not my only reason for wanting ctb

• Hugs
Reactions: WAITING TO DIE
deadtomorrow

deadtomorrow

Oct 25, 2023
That's one of the only reason i want to kill myself. I'm clinically deformed and very short
I know i will never experience true happiness (having children)

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: LastFlowers, Painfu.Ll.suffering, Le_Dauphin and 6 others
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
My wish to die has absolutely nothing to do with that. No matter what I look like I will always wish to escape from the repulsive flesh prison that is the human body.
All humans will just age and decay anyway, I only wish for the peace of eternal nothingness to escape from all future suffering, there is nothing desirable about being enslaved in this existence.

• Love
  • Aww..
Reactions: coked_pigeon, lachrymost, lament. and 6 others
G

godsseepiestsoldier

Oct 22, 2023
Going off the title I don't think anything would change tbh but It would be nice lol.

Like if people enjoyed your company and wanted to be around you and treated you better would you still be on this site today?
however, based on the text I think I might still have issues but I wouldn't wanna cbt. If people or even a single person enjoyed my company I think id be alr

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: LastFlowers and Sunoo
LaVieEnRose

LaVieEnRose

Angelic
Jul 23, 2022
Yes, it would make me less suicidal. But it's hard to say that any change beyond suddenly becoming superrich could have much of an effect given how fucked my development was and how deep I'm in it.

• Hugs
Reactions: LastFlowers, voyager and Sunoo
Sunoo

Sunoo

Student
Sep 25, 2023
No. Being good looking is overrated. You're always stared at and judged by your said looks i.e. people think of you as an object and think you're thick, cause you can't possibly be interesting and attractive..
but when u r better looking u get more opport
Going off the title I don't think anything would change tbh but It would be nice lol.

however, based on the text I think I might still have issues but I wouldn't wanna cbt. If people or even a single person enjoyed my company I think id be alr
yeah like l would still want to ctb but life would improve and be re bearable in a way

deadtomorrow

deadtomorrow

Oct 25, 2023
  • Love
  • Yay!
Reactions: WhatPowerIs, LastFlowers, flower_g1rl and 1 other person
Sunoo

Sunoo

Student
Sep 25, 2023
but would you rather have that problem or be seen as unattractive and have people look down on you and treat you bad before they've even spoken to you?

Reactions: Painfu.Ll.suffering and LastFlowers
Aim

Aim

🤍
Sep 12, 2023
Yess, i have always been avarage looking.But it doesn't mather when it's your soul that is corrupted. Besides, outside beauty fades

• Love
Reactions: Beyond_Repair, voyager, Sunoo and 1 other person
Amyend88

Amyend88

A&E
Oct 22, 2023
but would you rather have that problem or be seen as unattractive and have people look down on you and treat you bad before they've even spoken to you?
It's not a competition. Have you never stopped to think that people who are deemed 'desirable' are also treated unfairly from the get go by those who are jealous? So yes, some people treat you better, and some worse. So it's swings and roundabouts. Everyone can be treated unfairly for different reasons.

• Hugs
Reactions: Beyond_Repair, WAITING TO DIE, Kurai and 4 others
Aim

Aim

🤍
Sep 12, 2023
Im very sorry that you have experienced people being cruel to you. Just because they didn't like how you looked. Looks has nothing to do with you as a person. Nor beauty. So please don't get offended by people that has the need to comment on other peoples looks. Besides it's usually a sign of low self esteem when someone does that. People that does this are bullies. And not worth getting offended by.
Because this is kind of one of my reasons to why I want to disappear. Maybe I'm sensitive and take people's actions towards me out of context but Idk

wastingtime

wastingtime

ʕ•̫͡•ʕ•̫͡•ʔ•̫͡•ʔ•̫͡•ʕ•̫͡•ʔ•̫͡•ʕ•̫͡•ʕ•̫͡•ʔ
Aug 21, 2023
definitely wouldve loved life more. but there was a time where i was anorexic and underweight and was still depressed and still fucking hated myself so i dont know anymore. i think self hatred is just part of me

• Hugs
Reactions: voyager and Sunoo
Sunoo

Sunoo

Student
Sep 25, 2023
Im very sorry that you have experienced people being cruel to you. Just because they didn't like how you looked. Looks has nothing to do with you as a person. Nor beauty. So please don't get offended by people that has the need to comment on other peoples looks. Besides it's usually a sign of low self esteem when someone does that. People that does this are bullies. And not worth getting offended by.
the thing is I'm not sure if it's my looks or not because I've never really been called ugly sometimes the opposite. Maybe I'm just an unlikeable being and others hate my presence. Thank you though <3
definitely wouldve loved life more. but there was a time where i was anorexic and underweight and was still depressed and still fucking hated myself so i dont know anymore. i think self hatred is just part of me
Yes I've been anorexic too I thought people would like me more if I was smaller but it actually ended up scaring more people away.

flower_g1rl

flower_g1rl

sep 22, 2019
Oct 25, 2023
dont know why people are turning this into a debate, a thousand times yes! i'd be happier.. my face and body make me cry, its not a life worth living

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: palesky, voyager, Sunoo and 1 other person
orphic

orphic

Turbulence
Oct 22, 2023
not really lol im considered hot and i lost count of how many times i tried to kms

• Hugs
Reactions: voyager, Sunoo and Oneness
LastFlowers

LastFlowers

the haru that can read
Apr 27, 2019
BS. It's the most significant privilege on planet earth.

Try being stared at for the opposite reason.

Try being objectified in the sense that you're considered a piece of trash to be stepped on or overlooked.

Try being thought of as dim-witted not because you're so good looking, but because of looking like you have a chromosomal disorder.

Also, EVERYONE is judged by their looks. That's the problem.

At least if you're attractive, people want to get to know you in the first place, your personality and other parts about you will be given the time of day and plenty of opportunities to be seen and heard.
People are interested in getting to know you…they clearly believe there is someone interesting to get to know.
("Halo effect")

The world is an attractive person's oyster.
It doesn't mean they won't have problems, but being physically attractive is not one of them.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: WhatPowerIs, kitty_kat, Painfu.Ll.suffering and 6 others
Amyend88

Amyend88

A&E
Oct 22, 2023
Also, EVERYONE is judged by their looks. That's the problem.
That's exactly what I said. Learn to read before going off on one. Your temperament clearly needs working on.

Reactions: WAITING TO DIE
carac

carac

"and if this is the end, i am glad i met you."
May 27, 2023
Pretty much everyone is judged on their looks but most people pass over that in a very short time. If you are hanging around with people who don't like you for who you are then you are hanging around with the wrong people

• Love
Reactions: voyager and Sunoo
Division Day

Division Day

It's life that scares me to death
Oct 28, 2023
No way. Like I'm not a looker, but I don't think supermodel hotness would've saved me.

Reactions: fiftyfiftyclown, tiger b, WAITING TO DIE and 1 other person
voyager

voyager

Don't you dare go hollow...
Nov 25, 2019
Was a cute kid and teenie, and while I miss being comfortable in my skin, that didn't help me when mental illness hit. That was at 16. Look like shit ever since and it's really just a reflection of my insides. My eyes are literally dead. So, while being unattractive hasn't exactly helped these long years and fully understand why in this society it's a benefit, no, it wouldn't have saved me.

Reactions: AntHills, WAITING TO DIE and Amyend88
MidnightCat

MidnightCat

Still 3 more lives to go.
Jan 1, 2023
I'm not by any means handsome and I hate my body.

That said, I was pretty popular with the opposite sex and people wanted to be nearby me all the time. It even felt good when I was some kind of "trophy" for them.

Still, I was suicidal.

Years have passed and my soul turned even more dark and I'm not able to be that person anymore, but still as suicidal as I was.

There's people that can be helped with love. And there's people nothing can help at all.

Reactions: WAITING TO DIE and voyager
haibane

haibane

Reki
Sep 27, 2023
how i look have nothing to do with me wanting to die. I always wanted to die since i where a kid. I genuinely think that life is just not for everyone. All i want and ever wanted is to be dead, to be finally in peace.

• Hugs
Reactions: voyager and lament.
lament.

lament.

the Immortal
Jun 28, 2023
I would call myself an attractive person and I do enjoy that but honestly if anything it's made me more suicidal because while I am male, I look quite feminine and have had guys mistake me for a girl when they are drunk, I don't really know how to explain my feelings about it but it's anxiety enducing when you are at the urinal hearing drunk guys talk about r*ping you behind you. It just feeds into my anxiety and makes me not want to go out and have fun, ontop of other reasons.

• Aww..
Reactions: Amyend88 and voyager
LastFlowers

LastFlowers

the haru that can read
Apr 27, 2019
It's not a competition. Have you never stopped to think that people who are deemed 'desirable' are also treated unfairly from the get go by those who are jealous? So yes, some people treat you better, and some worse. So it's swings and roundabouts. Everyone can be treated unfairly for different reasons.
No, it's not a "competition", yet people who are physically attractive certainly treat it like one, every time this subject is brought up.
It's unlike any other privilege/disadvantage discussion, somehow every topic about suffering on the ugly side of things..becomes a pity party for those who live on the pretty side.
A fight to invalidate the unattractive..because their specific pain and suffering is seen as an affront to people without that specific pain and suffering.

Beauty feels the need to become the face of everything, obfuscating all else, and the world obliges. Tale as old as time.

Those who are "jealous"?
Are you accusing them?
And why would that be?
Could it possibly be because there's a significant privilege to envy in the first place?
Could it possibly be because you are biased towards those with said privilege?
Could it possibly be because you have a tendency to demonize those without said privilege?
(The real victims of unfairness.)

Hmm. Have you never stopped to think about that?

I have never accused anyone of being "jealous" of me, even over things they very well could have been envious about, in a vacuum.
That's an extremely narcissistic way of thinking and conducting oneself.
Using someone else's response to disparity and disadvantage, to victimize yourself.
Something only the very privileged among us, can get away with.

And who cares if someone is envious and upset about something you got lucky with?
I'll gladly take that option contentedly and even rub the shoulders of the envious person, because they're the ones with the heaviest, most excruciating burden to bear in all of this.
Envy isn't a crime, it's a natural reaction to significant unfairness, being teased and tortured with what can never be had.

Physical beauty is a trait unearned, one those without desperately try to obtain, one that those with desperately try to maintain…although it's a trait far easier to lose than gain, so there's really no excuse to complain about it if you already have it…it's just talk. It's bs.
What are you doing to lose the beauty?
Nothing.
What are people doing to gain it?
Everything.
For those who are already good looking..all I see is a bunch of humble bragging and primping of the very privilege being complained about.

This is not a "grass is always greener" situation. One side of the looks spectrum is treated far better overall-greatly privileged and the other side is greatly disadvantaged, with degrees in-between.
Part of the reason people even get away with the narrative that there's some type of balancing act going on..is because most people who make that argument are attractive, thus more likely to be heeded and conceded to.
Looks also mean so much to human beings, that it becomes their mission to hide this fact, when inconvenient. Thus, the platitudes.

Nobody likes admitting when they're privileged or when they are sycophantic towards the privileged..a pleasant appearance being the massive privilege that it is, only bolsters this general truth and makes people act even more unreasonable or disingenuous when conversing with the disadvantaged side.

Swings and roundabouts? Um, no.
Not with this.

Privilege is not defined as "perfect", but being imperfect doesn't mean it's not massively preferable and more conducive to a healthy, coveted life.

I swear..some people are so incredibly privileged that they think minor pitfalls=disadvantage.

That's like me complaining that my hands feel sore from typing, and then trying to compare that to people who have no hands at all.

Ridiculous.

Last edited:
Reactions: WhatPowerIs, UtopianSoliloquies and lament.