• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

N

noname223

Angelic
Aug 18, 2020
I read newspapers daily. Many conservatives say the people in other countries make fun of us.
Rigfht-wingers in this forum also have stated that Germany has some policies they consider as insane.
I list here some controversial ones. I am a lefty but I can understand some (not all) concerns

-Energy policies: There is a lot to say about that. The dependency and blind trust in Russia. Moreover Germany wants to close nuclear power plants despite the fact the ones we have are very secure when we compare it with international standards. We import expensive US fracking gas but deny to use the technology at home.

-Foreign policy: Germany repeats the dependency issue with Russia now with China. The US tries to decouple but Germany does not want to abstain from shortterm profits. Scholz is way too hesitant concerning military aid for Ukraine

-migration and refugees: I think many conservatives in other countries could not understand how Merkel (from a christian-conservative party) could open the border 2015. She gets hated from right-wingers since. Someone here wrote me that Germany underestimates the issues that come along when young, uneducated Muslims enter a society. Currently there is a discussion. 2015 refugees molested and assaulted women I think. 2022 many young men teamed up to attack firefighters. They really called them and set them a trap. They shot at them with firework. The conservatives try to use that topic to depict themselves as law and order politicians. My personal take is. It is difficult in Germany to adress issues related to migration without the risk of being called a racist. However some conservatives not only right-wing populists used this incident to generalize about all Muslims. Some statements were indeed racist. I think every party does that. Instead of wanting to solve an issue they use them to frame themselves in a positive way. Politics can be pretty nasty.

What do you think? And by the way how do you perceive Olaf Scholz? Is he worse or better than Merkel? I am curious.

Last edited:
N

noname223

Angelic
Aug 18, 2020
Currently Olaf Scholz annoys me so much. I am rooting for his coalition though his stubborness is frustrating as hell. Not giving Ukraine the necessary military aid is one of his biggest mistakes so far. He embarrasses Germany. The whole world looks at us and wonders. He is too principled to change his opinion and his communication is terrible.

Some minutes ago I watched an interview of the opposition leader (I really hate that guy) but his criticism of Scholz was pretty accurate.