• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

KuroiSH

KuroiSH

bus tickets are expensive
Mar 29, 2023
If I had kids, I wouldn't expect them to owe me anything, as I do with other people. In fact, I'd even feel like I owe them because I brought them into this miserable cycle of pain called life. They didn't ask to be brought into this world. So naturally, I should have no qualms on their wanting to leave it, for whatever reason. We choose how to dispose of our bodies as we see fit. Our kids should have the same right. I do think having kids is relatively immoral.

voc_89

voc_89

Student
Apr 10, 2023
Do you think having kids makes them owe you everything for giving them life or do you owe them everything for burdening them with it? I mean without being alive you wouldn't be able to perceive anything and therefore nothing would be even real or exist. I don't have an opinion I was just wondering. Any thoughts?
I think it depends on the persons brining in this new life. If they know without doubt that they will give their best and always try to raise this kid with love and care then imo go ahead (they should have some level of financial/job stability though... i mean inflation is crazy and imo only going to get crazier). Thats how it should be. But many people are broken. Or are having kids for ME reasons. This unfortunately is more than likely to produce a broken young adult that is clueless on how to function in the world. Spreading more hate and disfunction as thats all they know. While harsh, regardless of your background, if you know deep down u can't raise a kid into a young adult full of self-confidence as they know what it is like to be loved and cared for then don't do it. Its not fair to them. At all.

Grimscribe

Grimscribe

In Defense of Non-Existence
May 16, 2023
Not immoral, but certainly less than moral if you want to avoid suffering. Obviously, life is not a one-way street, and someone can have both suffering and joy, but overall the suffering outweights the good things that can happen. Not bringing someone into existence denies them the possibility of ever suffering.

E

earshurt

Oct 11, 2022
I would owe my hypothetical kids everything for burdening them with life, and I cannot reasonably offer that to them. So it's best that I don't have kids. I have made that decision of my own prerogative.

I don't think it's immoral to bring children into the world, in a general sense, no matter how crap it gets.

Reactions: tiredangelgirl
ItsMeBlank

ItsMeBlank

Binary Dreams.
Jun 6, 2023
Depends upon what you mean by immoral according to you.
Surely I think it's a bad choice to create another life form when you know that the child will suffer. I think it's selfish that for our own happiness and desire we create a life form which will just end up suffering this world.
Do you think having kids makes them owe you everything for giving them life or do you owe them everything for burdening them with it? I mean without being alive you wouldn't be able to perceive anything and therefore nothing would be even real or exist. I don't have an opinion I was just wondering. Any thoughts?

tiredangelgirl

tiredangelgirl

i'm sorry i'm trying my best
Aug 1, 2022
I think if you can't provide an absolutely amazing, stable life for a child you shouldn't bring them into the world. also from an environmental stand point, it's horrible for the planet. we are extremely overpopulated. I think people that get abortions should be seen as heroes rather than how people try to shame them.

TheSpookyNameGuy

TheSpookyNameGuy

There's nothing here..
Apr 30, 2023
Yes it is, break the loop and we cease to exist.

No more pain and suffering when the last human on earth drops dead, peace for eternity.

Professor K

Professor K

your eyes vacant and stained
Feb 9, 2023
A child's associations, location and every action is subject to the will of the adults around them, along with being manipulated into adopting those adults' thoughts and opinions. Children are forced into the institution of parenting through governments which set up property rights over them. Parents' rights is a euphemism for slaveholders' rights. If the child's behavior fulfills your values, you apply an affirming emotion, if the child's behavior deviates from the fulfilment of your values, you apply an antagonistic emotion.
Some parents might say: 'but | can allow children to flourish free from coercement, so that they can become themselves', or something like that. Sure, you might not teach your child religion, but what are you going to do when you realize that your child isn't going to speak your language? Or that it doesn't want to wear clothes? Or violates the cultural system of property rights? And just, in general, isn't abiding by the structure of your society? It's impossible to be an egalitarian parent because you will inevitably coerce your child into behaving in ways which are within the culturally defined parameters. That is the entire purpose of children under any culture. You're not doing your children a favor by bringing them into existence, children exist solely for the propagation of the values of the adults who own them.

lwlaiet8887

lwlaiet8887

Embodiment of failure/Doom poster/Compassionate
Sep 14, 2023
I don't think it's wrong it's just that most people don't have the sophistication to understand what having a child requires financially, emotionally, marital/relationship wise. Call me an Eugnecist, but you have to understand that you're mixing your genetics with someone elses and there's lots of potential outcomes that child could turn out. I've suffered my whole life due to my unfortunate genetic traits and it's primarily the reason why I'm going to CBT. My case is very unique I suppose, tall skinny parent > average height parent > shorter than average child who's built like a primitive human and can't wear clothes properly at all and gets treated like an exotic animal.

Reactions: sserafim
アホペンギン

アホペンギン

I told you.
Jul 10, 2023
I think its immoral to have children but I only think this way because of how my life is. Its very cruel to burden someone to the negatives sides of life but life does have its positive sides and unfortunately those positives can be overpowered by the negatives. Its best to keep those potential children safe in the void, life is a gamble and they shouldn't suffer to win this gamble and that is very hard to do.

Jan1193

Jan1193

I want no limitations for my soul
Sep 18, 2023
I wouldn't say "inmoral", but I would say unnapropiate. Life has an unlimited risk of suffering even the wonderfull things that could happen, so, will be better if we just stop having childrens. I don't believe in the void for the souls, sounds SO cruel, but I think there's more grace in the existance without a body and out from this world, watching the creation and the universe.

SmollMushroom

SmollMushroom

send N pls
Sep 27, 2023
I think it's selfish. Always has been. Since the dawn of men, adults exploited children to be helped with chores and work.
Now our society is a bit different, but many people still have kids just for their own happiness. Just as if they were buying a little kitten or a puppet. Or with the idea of not being left alone when elders.
I plan on having no children ofc, but if I had, I'd give everything for them.
The idea of children owning their parents for giving them life is a manipulation put in act from the older generations, in the ancient times, for the motives I've listed above: so that children would feel gratified when working for they parents.

Reactions: sserafim
sserafim

sserafim

머리 아프다
Sep 13, 2023
I asked my mom today why she had kids and she said "because I wanted to". This in of itself is selfish. Just because she wanted children, she forced life onto me (who never even wanted to be born in the first place!)

I then asked "did you think about the fact that maybe I didn't want to be born"? And then she said "I didn't know that it would've been you". This imo was a logical fallacy, a counterargument that deflected from the main point of the conversation.

The mere fact of imposing life onto someone is selfish. The children never consented to being born, they were just brought here to this earth. The worst thing is that my parents expect me to be grateful to them (for giving me life). I'm not grateful to exist, I would much rather have preferred to never have been born in the first place. I honestly don't see why I'm expected to be "grateful" for being given life. Maybe it has to do with the (mainly religious) belief that life is "precious" and a "gift", but it certainly isn't for me!
I think it's selfish. Always has been. Since the dawn of men, adults exploited children to be helped with chores and work.
Now our society is a bit different, but many people still have kids just for their own happiness. Just as if they were buying a little kitten or a puppet. Or with the idea of not being left alone when elders.
I plan on having no children ofc, but if I had, I'd give everything for them.
The idea of children owning their parents for giving them life is a manipulation put in act from the older generations, in the ancient times, for the motives I've listed above: so that children would feel gratified when working for they parents.
Literally! I hate this so much, it's manipulation and gaslighting. I don't owe my parents anything for them giving me life, rather they owe me for giving me a life marred by neurodivergence (Asperger's/autism, ADHD, etc).
I don't think it's wrong it's just that most people don't have the sophistication to understand what having a child requires financially, emotionally, marital/relationship wise. Call me an Eugnecist, but you have to understand that you're mixing your genetics with someone elses and there's lots of potential outcomes that child could turn out. I've suffered my whole life due to my unfortunate genetic traits and it's primarily the reason why I'm going to CBT. My case is very unique I suppose, tall skinny parent > average height parent > shorter than average child who's built like a primitive human and can't wear clothes properly at all and gets treated like an exotic animal.
Yeah my unfortunate genetics made me get both Asperger's/autism *and* ADHD. I honestly think that my parents should have never met or procreated. I never wanted this existence!

Last edited:
TheWorld'sLeftovers

TheWorld'sLeftovers

Low consciousness
Aug 23, 2023
I would say that being born is a gift, and is totally not immoral. Believe it or not, some people actually *enjoy* life. But denying them the right to leave life if they do choose is definitely immoral.

barelyrussian

barelyrussian

Sep 30, 2023
I think It can be, you really should try to give your children the best life possible, having children when they'll be born into poverty or will be forced to struggle to survive is ridiculous

A parent has a responsibility to give their child a free and fulfilling life with opportunity

Ashu

Ashu

novelist, sanskritist, Canadian living in India
Nov 13, 2021
No. Anyone here who has lived a while and had experience of long-term love relationships will know that it's just not that simple.

cosifantutti

cosifantutti

Student
Aug 27, 2023
As one poster said it can be ill advised. I don't think it's immoral. Most people, including me, have no idea how crappy things are and naively think it'll all be great with maybe the odd concern.

I can excuse my parents. All six of us were a result of the Catholic Church's teaching.

F

Faith_No_more

Sep 30, 2023
I find it immoral, but I think some people have good intentions, so I can't fault them.