Do you support the death penalty?

• Yes, I support the death penalty

Votes: 22 21.2%
  • I support the death penalty philosophically, but not with the current state of the justice system

Votes: 27 26.0%
  • No, I am opposed to the death penalty

Votes: 43 41.3%
  • Unsure

Votes: 12 11.5%

• Total voters
Downdraft

Downdraft

I've felt better ngl
Feb 6, 2024
Every criminal haa a story to tell and it often starts with childhood abuse and neglect.
My client, Jack, the corner rapist, just acted this way because his mother didn't tell him a bedtime story.

Try to use a similar defense and you'll be met with the mockery it deserves.

Neglect doesn't auromatically turn you into a terrible person.

WithTheFlow

WithTheFlow

Everything excellent is as difficult as it is rare
Sep 2, 2024
I don't believe anyone should be murdered if they aren't an immediate threat to someone else. I don't believe in eye for an eye. Though, I do think criminals, just like anyone else, should be able to kill themselves through whatever means they'd prefer.

Reactions: Reticent Being
EvisceratedJester

EvisceratedJester

|| What Else Could I Be But a Jester ||
Oct 21, 2023
My client, Jack, the corner rapist, just acted this way because his mother didn't tell him a bedtime story.

Try to use a similar defense and you'll be met with the mockery it deserves.

Neglect doesn't auromatically turn you into a terrible person.
Those who have experienced maltreatment during childhood are actually, on average, more likely to partake in criminal behaviours later in life. That is a fact. Nobody is saying that it will automatically turn you into a horrible monster or whatever, rather they are saying that a lot of people start going down the wrong path and harming others as a result of childhood maltreatment.

etherealgoddess

etherealgoddess

perseverance is inevitable success
Dec 8, 2022
No way. There are innocent people who get convicted. The idea of wrongfully convicting someone to death is such a horrible scenario it shouldn't be worth risking.

Gustav Hartmann

Gustav Hartmann

Mage
Aug 28, 2021
Death penalty was helpful to domesticate humans. Individuals who did not fit into mass society were taken out of the gene poole. This was possible because most of them were executed before they had the chance to reproduce.

By the way, in times of death penalty many suicidal poeple used this service, a skilled executioner and the complete pastoral work.

• Informative