• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

Do you suffer from Existential Crisis ?

• Yes ✅

• No ❌

• Unsure 🤔

Results are only viewable after voting.
MeltingBrain

MeltingBrain

Mage
May 29, 2023
An existential crisis is a dread which sets in when one sees their own life related activities and actions inherently and ultimately meaningless .
What are your thoughts ?
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
You can find previous polls here: https://sanctioned-suicide.net/threads/meltingbrain-all-polls.123887/
Part of : https://sanctioned-suicide.net/thre...st-at-least-1-poll-daily.123125/#post-2051973
DailyPoll
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited:
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

She wished that she never existed...
Sep 24, 2020
Seeing existence as meaningless is just having awareness rather than any kind of "crisis", it's just seeing existence for what it truly is.
I'm just a conscious being trapped in a decaying flesh prison destined for nothing but to be forgotten about, my existence will always be incredibly insignificant, I'm just waiting around to die. There's no meaning behind existence, it's just a horrific and tragic mistake, existence is nothing more than an endless cycle of unnecessary suffering and senseless cruelty.

cscott

cscott

Awaiting for life’s end ☠️
Jun 22, 2023
Seeing existence as meaningless is just having awareness rather than any kind of "crisis", it's just seeing existence for what it truly is.
I'm just a conscious being trapped in a decaying flesh prison destined for nothing but to be forgotten about, my existence will always be incredibly insignificant, I'm just waiting around to die. There's no meaning behind existence, it's just a horrific and tragic mistake, existence is nothing more than an endless cycle of unnecessary suffering and senseless cruelty.
Pretty much!!!!!!!!

It only feels like a crisis when u snap out of the fucking illusion that made u 'think' it was something meaningful & it hurts even when u kind of knew the truth deep down but u kept with the lie to get through life and now you have just given up and let yourself fall to the lowest denominator!

foreverfalling

foreverfalling

Experienced
Jul 22, 2022
Yes all my life. I had always felt strangely alone in this world, but couldn't quite explain it. Never had any goals or dreams, I was just living on auto pilot. Every few years things will happen to me that make me realise more and more the truth of my existence. Realising a relationship won't make me happy, being betrayed by friends, worrying my parents won't be around forever. Finally it got put into words, existential dread.

Cloud Busting

Cloud Busting

Formerly pinkribbonscars
Sep 9, 2023
The futility of life doesn't bother me. Who cares if it's all for nothing if I'm surrounded by the sky, the stars, the sun, and the moon?

My existential dread kicks in when I can no longer derive pleasure from the stars. What's the point if I feel nothing but suffering and an absence of joy?

F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
No, I'm quite good at becoming obsessed with what I'm doing- mostly working. It's important to me I do a good job. I don't delude myself that it's terribly important anymore than I'm terribly important. It's a way of passing the time. If it makes no difference either way whether I do it or not, I may as well do it because, sometimes it's fulfilling to me. Plus- I get paid and I'd prefer to support myself rather than feel guilty sponging off my parents.

I'd like people to like my work- although, not everyone will. I don't care quite so much on how I'm viewed in terms of achievement though. I've done more impressive sounding jobs that were horrible and unfulfilling to me. The important thing is what you feel fulfilled in. You probably won't get that much recognition from others or the universe.

Captive_Mind515

Captive_Mind515

King or street sweeper, dance with grim reaper!
Jul 18, 2023
Because of my circumstances/problems, I have lived on the fringes of society for over 20 years now. On the outside looking in, observing life going by but never really actively participating in it.

It gives you a strange perspective on everything. Like a birds-eye view of the whole game, where you can take an objective perspective on everything... but it has certainly created a measure of cynicism in how I view most of the things people engage in or consider important in this life. It all just seems trivial and manufactured to me at this point... people busy building their little lives, trying to feel like they matter for a brief moment in time. Constructing their elaborate sandcastles, only for it all to be inevitably washed away in the vast wave of nothingness that awaits every single one of us!

Foreverix

Foreverix

Aeternum Vale
Sep 18, 2023
Shameless quote that sums up my realization: "It was just feeling as though every axiom of your life turned out to be false. And there was nothing, and you were nothing — it was all a delusion. But you were better than everyone else because you saw that it was a delusion, and yet you were worse because you couldn't function." - David Foster Wallace

• Hugs
Reactions: MeltingBrain