SuicidalOrganism

Experienced
May 31, 2023
books related to mastering a skill

pollux

pollux

Knight of Infinite Resignation
May 24, 2024
No specific theme/genre; but it's pretty much only non-fiction.

Reactions: Ambivalent1
pollux

pollux

Knight of Infinite Resignation
May 24, 2024
How did you find this site?
To be honest with you, I really don't remember. Someone might've mentioned it in some forum post I happened to see.

girlsboysthems

girlsboysthems

no i dont have a gun
Dec 19, 2022
i occasionally read, the latest book i have read was The Sorrows of young Werther by Goethe. Solid boook, there are hints of early romanticism (which im not a big fan of), but the guy kills himself so its fine..

DefinitelyReady

DefinitelyReady

*perpetually annoyed*
Mar 14, 2024
I used to love reading until around middle school when my dad forced me to read so many books for no reason that I ended up hating reading. I still like going to bookstores and occasionally when something interests me I still try to read it.

I recently reread Trumpet of the Swan for the first time since third grade. It was such a great book in my childhood that gave me so much hope. Surely if this mute trumpeter swan could find love then one day I could, right? I mean never mind the fact that his crush happens to blow into the place he's staying in halfway across the country via hurricane and she's single. I also couldn't stop giggling at the way this book kept using terms like 'queer' and 'gay' in the old fashioned way.
I loved the movie when I was little :)

Reactions: Dr Iron Arc
Alexei_Kirillov

Alexei_Kirillov

Missed my appointment with Death
Mar 9, 2024
I'm rereading The Idiot by Dostoevsky. I'm like the main character. Simple and good hearted in a world full of nasty people.
What other Dostoevsky books have you read?

Dr Iron Arc

Dr Iron Arc

Into the Unknown
Feb 10, 2020
I loved the movie when I was little :)
I never even saw the movie nor did I know there was one until just now. Might check it out though I have a feeling some stuff may have been changed. 😅

DefinitelyReady

DefinitelyReady

*perpetually annoyed*
Mar 14, 2024
I never even saw the movie nor did I know there was one until just now. Might check it out though I have a feeling some stuff may have been changed. 😅
Yeah from your reference I'm beginning to think they left out some things entirely and I may not know the true story...🙄😳 I just remember I liked the singing and romance love story fight? The was like over 22yrs ago for me bro😪

Dr Iron Arc

Dr Iron Arc

Into the Unknown
Feb 10, 2020
Yeah from your reference I'm beginning to think they left out some things entirely and I may not know the true story...🙄😳 I just remember I liked the singing and romance love story fight? The was like over 22yrs ago for me bro😪
Uh I'm sorry, I didn't mean to say you don't know the story just because you like the movie. I'm sure it's good even with any potential changes.

Ambivalent1

Ambivalent1

🎵 Be all, end all 🎵
Apr 17, 2023
What other Dostoevsky books have you read?
Crime and punishment and the brothers Karamazov. I gave up on my reread of The Idiot. The melodramatic characters irritate me now. I'm now reading Kafka.

Reactions: Alexei_Kirillov
Alexei_Kirillov

Alexei_Kirillov

Mar 9, 2024
Crime and punishment and the brothers Karamazov. I gave up on my reread of The Idiot. The melodramatic characters irritate me now. I'm now reading Kafka.
I read The Brothers Karamazov when I was 14, I really should read it again because I hadn't yet suffered at that age and so most of it probably went over my head.

Ambivalent1

Ambivalent1

🎵 Be all, end all 🎵
Apr 17, 2023
I read The Brothers Karamazov when I was 14, I really should read it again because I hadn't yet suffered at that age and so most of it probably went over my head.
I tried to reread it but it's written like a sermon. So much preaching

Alexei_Kirillov

Alexei_Kirillov

Mar 9, 2024
I tried to reread it but it's written like a sermon. So much preaching
Yeah reading his novels sometimes feels like finding a needle in a haystack. Demons has had a profound impact on me (my username is the name of one of the characters) but almost everything I took away from it probably occurred over the span of 30 pages (out of 700).

DefinitelyReady

DefinitelyReady

*perpetually annoyed*
Mar 14, 2024
Uh I'm sorry, I didn't mean to say you don't know the story just because you like the movie. I'm sure it's good even with any potential changes.
Nah you're good. It just reminded me of like "Damn I'm old..." I have no idea if I've read it or not. My memories sucks. I should read it. May remember.

R

rozeske

Maybe I am the problem
Dec 2, 2023
Loved to read fiction/novels since a very young age. An alternate reality to burry myself in. I no longer enjoy anything.

• Aww..
N

noname223

Angelic
Aug 18, 2020
Currently I read The Broom in the system by David Foster Wallace but I am a slow reader.

daley

daley

Student
May 11, 2024
Anything by Etgar Keret. Mostly short stories. For example, this.

ImTelling

ImTelling

Sad Doggo
May 27, 2024
I tried reading again but I can't really concentrate on it. Tried cracking into The Lord Of The Rings by J R R Tolken but the language was too dense for me to crack. The way it's worded kinda made my eyes and brain skip around in my head.

Ambivalent1

Ambivalent1

🎵 Be all, end all 🎵
Apr 17, 2023
I tried reading again but I can't really concentrate on it. Tried cracking into The Lord Of The Rings by J R R Tolken but the language was too dense for me to crack. The way it's worded kinda made my eyes and brain skip around in my head.
Great series to read