harlemriver

harlemriver

Sep 10, 2023
I love music. I want to go while listening to harlem river by kevin morby or please please please let me get what i want by the smiths. I'm just trying to ignore some stuff rn since my parents are home so I tought I'd ask some useless question to pass time.

Reactions: shotgun, executioner1983, Mauve87 and 6 others
G

ghostkid

i feel nothing but everything
Sep 14, 2023
I'm not sure yet but i feel like it romanticizes it more, like having a last song that plays while you go forever... so yeah, probably. But not sure which songs

Reactions: Louise Payne, anne neum and harlemriver
The Burning Fool

The Burning Fool

Falling through the abyss of insanity
Sep 12, 2023
When my time comes, I can't imagine a better song as the last one I'll have listened to than Feather by William Wild.

Reactions: Ells and harlemriver
unloveable.

unloveable.

deserves nothing
Aug 12, 2023
Sea, swallow me - Cocteau Twins

• Love
Reactions: thedivinezer0, Lys_C15H25N3O_d3, ger3172 and 3 others
anne neum

anne neum

Sep 12, 2023
Arvo Pärt- Spiegel im Spiegel

Reactions: harlemriver
thebookofdisquiet.

thebookofdisquiet.

Student
Sep 9, 2023
Brain In A Jar by Man-Made Sunshine

Reactions: not_telling, anne neum and harlemriver
not_telling

not_telling

Scared
Sep 9, 2023
Hard to say. I think I'd make a new playlist altogether, and leave it on shuffle. It'd be interesting to know which one of my options would walk me down the road. There would definitely be a few cavetown songs, Your sister was right by wilbur soot, No Below by speedy ortiz, all the kids are depressed by Jeremy Zucker, Change my clothes by Alec Benjamin and Dram might make it too. Probably some more if I took the time to really think about it.

anne neum

anne neum

Sep 12, 2023
Hard to say. I think I'd make a new playlist altogether, and leave it on shuffle. It'd be interesting to know which one of my options would walk me down the road. There would definitely be a few cavetown songs, Your sister was right by wilbur soot, No Below by speedy ortiz, all the kids are depressed by Jeremy Zucker, Change my clothes by Alec Benjamin and Dram might make it too. Probably some more if I took the time to really think about it.
i would love to make a playlist of final songs. sorry if it is disrespectful.

Reactions: antilife
C

conarc

Experienced
Aug 8, 2023
Motorcycle - As the rush comes

• Love
Reactions: Need Peace, MaybeYesMaybeNo, FailerQt. and 1 other person
DoomerPrince

DoomerPrince

The eternal survivor
Aug 15, 2023
Emotional ambient by AshamaluevMusic. i'm actually ask myself a lot what song will play on my funeral and i make a playlist of them. but if i had to choose one, that currently will be it because it's a really sad and depressing melody.

• Hugs
Reactions: anne neum
not_telling

not_telling

Scared
Sep 9, 2023
i would love to make a playlist of final songs. sorry if it is disrespectful.
I don't see why it would be disrespectful. Death just doesn't feel like it can be bottled down in a single song. My mind is already a roller coaster while it's vivid and safe of there being another moment to think in the future, I can't really picture how haywire it would go knowing that death is closing in. The music will have a hard time keeping up with it.

• Love
anne neum

anne neum

Sep 12, 2023
I don't see why it would be disrespectful. Death just doesn't feel like it can be bottled down in a single song. My mind is already a roller coaster while it's vivid and safe of there being another moment to think in the future, I can't really picture how haywire it would go knowing that death is closing in. The music will have a hard time keeping up with it.
i meant other' people final songs
Emotional ambient by AshamaluevMusic. i'm actually ask myself a lot what song will play on my funeral and i make a playlist of them. but if i had to choose one, that currently will be it because it's a really sad and depressing melody.
i find it sweet and calming.

Last edited:
Reactions: not_telling
morbyxz

morbyxz

Sep 9, 2023
I think I would listen to mitski at my last moments. She released a new album today that I heavily relate to and its in very calming tone

• Love
Reactions: berrystraw, ApparentlyNot and gorgongrl
F

Flavia_Strigoi

Sep 14, 2023
I like to think of listening to one last song as some sort of alternative to a last meal(that I would personally prefer more, but unfortunately my method of choice needs to be done somewhere outdoors without people interfering so I guess that would attract too much attention)
If I had to choose a single song it would probably be something from Hozier's new album. All of them are so good it's hard to pick only one but I'm leaning mostly towards "I , Carrion". The lyrics feel very fitting:
"If the wind turns, if I hit a squall
Allow the ground to find its brutal way to me"

Reactions: sapphoslastpoem and harlemriver
tora

tora

lonelycity
Jun 11, 2023
I'm planning on listening to my favorite songs that calm me down and make me happy, like Flowers by In Love With a Ghost, Close to You by Dayglow, and Golden by Harry Styles

• Love
Reactions: Flavia_Strigoi
not_telling

not_telling

Scared
Sep 9, 2023
i meant other' people final songs
Ah, now I see it. Well I wouldn't find it disrespectful, as long as you kept it to you. It could be a little weird if it was like a playlist for public use or whatever I guess, but that's it.

Teleftaía Anapnoí

Teleftaía Anapnoí

δεν υπάρχει μέλλον
Jul 6, 2023
Love this one:

Also, i have a special felling about this one:

• Love
Reactions: ger3172 and harlemriver
numar

numar

Always tired
Sep 11, 2023
Skinny by Rebzyyx and Cherry Waves by deftones😭 dw about it

• Love
Reactions: ApparentlyNot
ChronicallyCynical

ChronicallyCynical

Natural pessimist, born quitter.
Sep 9, 2023
Legitimately anything on my playlists, any of them. Doesn't matter if it's Bruno Mars, Halsey, Metallica, or MLP fan songs. If it can bring me some contentment before my passing, that'd be what I'd pick. I mean, that's what I did with attempts past. Effectively went on like normal after taking the excessive dose, with the exception of writing a letter, until I threw up. I know I wouldn't change a thing now either. I'm doing it for peace after all, not an aesthetic, so to me, that's what makes sense. But if it helps other people to listen to something specific, that's perfectly valid and understandable.

natthebrat

natthebrat

only help i want is with ctb
Jul 9, 2023
Field by Christie Front Drive

gorgongrl

gorgongrl

last words of a shooting star
Aug 31, 2023
I think I would listen to mitski at my last moments. She released a new album today that I heavily relate to and its in very calming tone
Mitski would be my choice too ♡ her music is so wonderful in every way :)

• Love
Reactions: berrystraw, ger3172 and morbyxz
waRmblanket

waRmblanket

she/her - trying my best, hoping it’s enough.
Mar 16, 2023
i think i've settled on Young by Vacations, though i have considered The Funeral by Band of Horses:)

• Love
Reactions: ApparentlyNot
garota suicida

garota suicida

Sep 15, 2023
também sou apaixonada por ouvir música, acho relaxante e já tenho a minha música em mente ❤

Reactions: ger3172
exsanguinated

exsanguinated

i play duolingo when i'm bored
Mar 1, 2023
I think it would be kind of hard for me to decide on one song so I would probably just have a playlist on shuffle.

Heres some songs that I would probably have in the playlist:

Nutshell by Alice In Chains
Sunsetz by Cigarettes After Sex
Sometimes I Wonder by Dream, Ivory
Me by The 1975
Bite by Sipper
Lover by Taylor Swift
To Whom It May Concern by Ghostemane
We Found Love by Rihanna
Killer Whale by Boyscott
Our Past Lives by Far Caspian
Roslyn by Bon Iver