MiMif

MiMif

I do not live for others to understand me...
Sep 13, 2023
What the question asks. I'd like to think I don't pity myself and don't want others to pity me but then sometimes out of nowhere I find myself ranting about all my problems to my 'friends'.....and they laugh at me like I once said I had undiagnosed depression and they said I was one of those people who faked it.....i found myself being upset though not saying anything

When they tell me their problems I attempt to sympathize or fake it but they don't do the same....maybe I don't seek pity but sympathy...or not complete apathy from the people who supposedly care about me when I talk about my problems .

• Hugs
Reactions: Abandoned Character and Kit1
zeek

zeek

omg mokocchi
Oct 18, 2023
i didnt even try to diagnose myself
i still dont believe i have depression after a diagnosis
i think theyre lying to me
i also find myself telling everyone about my situation. im not sure if its my attention seeking/wanting core or i just need to tell someone.
i wish there would be someone to pay attention to me all the time
.maybe I don't seek pity but sympathy...or not complete apathy from the people who supposedly care about me when I talk about my problems .
while im not sure about apathy, i have seen that theyre responses are just nothing.
like once my peers saw my cuts, and they asked if i was ok. and that was it. im not sure what im expecting, but it is more

• Hugs
Reactions: Kit1
F

fiasco

Oct 14, 2022
tbh i'm more frustrated w myself

• Hugs
K

Kit1

Enlightened
Oct 24, 2023
Apart from this forum and medics, I rarely talk about my past due to shame, trauma and privacy concerns. I hope people who are aware of my issues don't pity me. I don't pity myself as I am aware that so many people go through pain suffering and feel that I don't have the right to feel sorry for myself anyway.

Abyssal

Abyssal

Kill me
Nov 26, 2023
I used to pity myself. Psychology classes have given me a better outsider view of myself in a way that I cannot define, I have learned to recognize I am fairly well off, and I am no longer in the situation that set me up for suffering. Now, suicidality is just a natural part of me. Not a cry for help, I don't need help. Not a sign of weakness, I made it through hell. Not an escape the pain, I am no longer in pain. Suicide is simply the natural course of my life.

• Hugs
Abandoned Character

Abandoned Character

(he./him)
Mar 24, 2023
Neurotic self-pity is definitely one of my unproductive coping mechanisms

• Hugs