IwishIwasAttractive

IwishIwasAttractive

Boomer
May 15, 2020
Just curious about how other women see themselves. i look disgusting from side profile pics. ppl can be beautiful/handsome with huge nose, big forehead or tiny lips. but over for weak recessed chins.

Screenshot 9 Screenshot 10

Attachments

• Screenshot_11.jpg
    Screenshot_11.jpg
    14.9 KB · Views: 7
  • Screenshot_12.jpg
    Screenshot_12.jpg
    18.4 KB · Views: 8
  • Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: 262653, selfhater, Quarky00 and 3 others
4eyebiped

4eyebiped

Mage
Dec 28, 2019
I believe I responded to something similar before but it is worth repeating, as much as needed. "Weak" chins do not instantly equal ugly. That point can not be argued. That is overly simplifying the many great features that women have. The same goes for virtually any other attribute on the female body. It truly is the total package. There is that one actress in Flight of the Condor, I thought she was beautiful and if I remember correctly she had a very small chin. To me, she had a lot of great features.

Sure there will be someone out there that doesn't like a smaller chin, like yourself, but likewise there is someone out there that will dislike any other possible thing you can think of. There are people who will dislike the feature you find attractive. The world is a very diverse place. One size does not fit all, as they say.

With that said, on average, we all judge ourselves far more harshly than others. We often can be very cruel to ourselves and rob ourselves of much happiness by closing ourselves off. Our own minds love to torture us. Every time I see myself in the mirror, i want to punch me for being so offensive but I realize that there is at least one blind person out there that will find me charmingly handsome. If you are reading this in braille right now, call me!

Last edited:
Reactions: Élégie, terry_a_davis, Quarky00 and 4 others
Arrow

Arrow

Rewrite
May 1, 2020
i used to be really unhappy with how i looked but my problems are unfixable to a point where i simply don't care anymore.

Reactions: Élégie, terry_a_davis, Quarky00 and 3 others
Myforevercharlie

Myforevercharlie

Global Mod
Feb 13, 2020
I've learned to like how I look, took quite some time. Im not very tall, long red hair, blue eyes. Only thing now that worries me is the weight gain because of medication...

• Hugs
Reactions: Sensei, Élégie, Good4Nothing and 5 others
mathieu

mathieu

Enlightened
Jun 5, 2019
I hate how I look. I'm 93kg/176cm so overweight. I have a double chin, it's awful. I also really hate my nose/face in general. My parents say, "it's a roman nose, aquiline" but I hate it. I think my profile, I look like a bird. I could get a nose job but that wouldn't help the weight, which is the main problem. I gained because of antipsychotic meds, which I still take.

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: Élégie, enjolras, watereyes and 2 others
peacefully31425

peacefully31425

Dirtbag
Aug 28, 2018
No

• Hugs
Reactions: selfhater and BlackPoppet
sadghost

sadghost

S
May 17, 2020
Generally, no.

No matter what changes I make, they are just never enough, unfortunately. I wish I didn't have a body. I've put a lot of effort into trying to "fix" what I don't like about myself but I'm still unhappy. I've lost weight and gained weight and worked out in an effort to shape my body. I've played around with my hair and makeup. I got braces just to straighten my teeth. I got a nose job.

I still dislike my appearance - there are so many things that I wish I could change but knowing that I'm going to CTB soon makes me care less.

• Hugs
Reactions: Élégie and BlackPoppet
Soul

Soul

gate gate paragate parasamgate bodhi svaha
Apr 12, 2019
I avoid looking at myself, but when I do catch a glimpse I'm not so bad.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: Skathon, Myforevercharlie, Quarky00 and 2 others
M

mediocre

trapped here
Nov 9, 2019
No I am odd looking and my facial features are all wrong. My eyelids are drooping a lot I'll need surgery to correct this soon. I'm only 27. I've got a big head that looks out of place compared to my body. I look like a science experiment gone wrong..

• Hugs
Reactions: Myforevercharlie, Quarky00, Lost in a Dream and 1 other person
Throwawaysoul

Throwawaysoul

Mage
May 14, 2018
Just curious about how other women see themselves. i look disgusting from side profile pics.

Who defined what an attractive side profile is? My money is on worthless celebrities.

This could be a tough pill to swallow and may come off insensitive.

Quit social media, don't even look at it., don't take pics from the side and try not to judge others.

I have bad teeth and I always look at other people's teeth and compare myself to them. My therapist says this is not the best thing to do. Turns out, I'm possibly judging people more than they are judging me.

I can't not stress this enough, unless you're missing half your face, the majority of humans IRL don't care how you look from the side.

• Love
Reactions: Worthless_nobody, Myforevercharlie, Quarky00 and 2 others
Luchs

Luchs

kristallene Bergluft über verfallener Gruft
Aug 20, 2019
I hate how I look. I'm 93kg/176cm so overweight. I have a double chin, it's awful. I also really hate my nose/face in general. My parents say, "it's a roman nose, aquiline" but I hate it. I think my profile, I look like a bird. I could get a nose job but that wouldn't help the weight, which is the main problem. I gained because of antipsychotic meds, which I still take.
I also have a Roman nose, be happy about it. The Romans considered it a sign of beauty and intelligence.

• Love
Reactions: Quarky00, _Minsk and BlackPoppet
mathieu

mathieu

Enlightened
Jun 5, 2019
I also have a Roman nose, be happy about it. The Romans considered it a sign of beauty and intelligence.
Mine isn't a good looking type of roman nose though. I really look like an eagle or something from the side. Multiple people have told me to get a nose job.

• Hugs
Reactions: BlackPoppet
M

madbananas

Wizard
Apr 29, 2020
If I didn't have a skin condition then I'd be less depressed about my looks. Also if I had less belly fat. I don't mind my curves everywhere else I'd just love to have less in the belly area.

• Hugs
Reactions: _Minsk, selfhater, Élégie and 2 others
BlackPoppet

BlackPoppet

Wise woman and Celtic sky person
Mar 7, 2020
I used to have massive eyebrows that I got bullied for. Now I've shaped them my self so they look more exceptable. Even when big eyebrows where trendy 5 years ago I didn't grow them back because 24 years of constant plucking them out jacked them up totally!! I got my big, jumbo brows from my dad ( thanks dad)
I spent years with total ocd surrounding my brows and I hated them with a passion. The stubble grows back really fast and even now at 42 I have to pluck the new stubble hairs that are growing in at least 4 times a week. Cursed brows. I don't like my boobs or my nose too much either. My forehead is also slightly bumpy from my skull, not acne. I also have gross hirsutism from PCOS. Chin hair, moustache hair... the lot!! I'm so frigging hairy I could cry.
If I didn't have a skin condition then I'd be less depressed about my looks. Also if I had less belly fat. I don't mind my curves everywhere else I'd just love to have less in the belly area.
Yes Quetiapine made me have belly fat. I looked pregnant at one point.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Myforevercharlie, Élégie, enjolras and 2 others
mathieu

mathieu

Enlightened
Jun 5, 2019
I used to have massive eyebrows that I got bullied for. Now I've shaped them my self so they look more exceptable. Even when big eyebrows where trendy 5 years ago I didn't grow them back because 24 years of constant plucking them out jacked them up totally!! I got my big, jumbo brows from my dad ( thanks dad)
I spent years with total ocd surrounding my brows and I hated them with a passion. The stubble grows back really fast and even now at 42 I have to pluck the new stubble hairs that are growing in at least 4 times a week. Cursed brows. I don't like my boobs or my nose too much either. My forehead is also slightly bumpy from my skull, not acne. I also have gross hirsutism from PCOS. Chin hair, moustache hair... the lot!! I'm so frigging hairy I could cry.

Yes Quetiapine made me have belly fat. I looked pregnant at one point.
I got addicted to pulling the hair out of my eyebrows (with fingers, no mirror) when I was a teenager. Ended up looking very strange! I have to maintain them or I'll have a monobrow but I just got carried away.

• Hugs
BlackPoppet

BlackPoppet

Mar 7, 2020
I got addicted to pulling the hair out of my eyebrows (with fingers, no mirror) when I was a teenager. Ended up looking very strange! I have to maintain them or I'll have a monobrow but I just got carried away.
Yes I had Trichotillamania too when I was 13-14 years old. I would pluck my brows out with my hands. I ended up shaving my brows off completely and drawing them on because it was easier. I stopped shaving them off when I was 16, because drawing them them on every morning became unsustainable. But I always had the urge to pull them out. One time after I tried to shape them, I'd tweezed them too thin, I got really angry and upset. I went ballistic and literally riped the rest of my brows out with my hands, the ripping sound they made was super loud. They were bleeding really badly. That was in 1998 when I was 19. I've not ripped them out like that since. I keep them well groomed now.
I use emu oil, lavender oil, rosemary oil, castor oil and biotin supplements to nourish my brows and stop them shedding after years and years of plucking them out. The roots got really weak and some sections of my brows never grew back. But they look exceptable now. I don't mess with them anymore. I really look after them now.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: Quarky00
Evermore

Evermore

Apr 20, 2020
I've never liked the way I look ! Maybe if I could clear my skin up and gain some weight I'd feel a bit happier but knowing me id find another flaw to focus on .
I think people with smaller chins actually look really cute so I guess beauty really is in the eye of the beholder !

• Hugs
Reactions: _Minsk and BlackPoppet
Deleted member 17949

Deleted member 17949

Visionary
May 9, 2020
It's over for my face. Jaw is pretty weak, eye area is too wide and sunken, nose is big with a bulb shape and head is way too large. Cheek bones are also pretty weak. Mouth is kinda uneven and wide too. Never even began with these genetics.

• Hugs
Reactions: _Minsk and BlackPoppet
watereyes

watereyes

les malheurs de lizzie
Mar 27, 2020
attractive to myself is all that matters. I'm happy with how I look. :hug:

• Love
Reactions: _Minsk, Myforevercharlie, terry_a_davis and 1 other person
enjolras

enjolras

Dead are useless if not to love the living more
Feb 13, 2020
OP ...you look perfectly fine to me, stop torturing yourself ;) I permit myself this outrageous comment because I also went for plastic surgery twice (2 fails in the end), that didn't help my insecurities. I still am not confident, never been, but slowly forgiving about my aspect. I received some of the loveliest comments from SS members I estimated for their look too, also on some personal hate features (like ugly scar, for some it's charming), whereas before, never a feedback, which didn't help to boost the ego. Beauty is mostly in the mind ...and the eye of the beholder. Thus subjective. It's very harsh to judge yourself while you could be fully accepted by somebody...

To remember, even
42365713 4B3D 4A77 A73A AAE1EC34C609
can get some loving

long red hair

Well, you could look like a chipmunk, I would still worship you for the red hair : massive turn on here! (...all colors - red/auburn/pink/green/blue - the bests in that order. Just not yellow - blondes own the trademark)

I'm 93kg/176cm so overweight. ...I gained because of antipsychotic meds, which I still take.

it's about the induced appetite, right ? Otherwise, this is the easiest problem solved, if you're motivated. If used to psychological suffering, it can be done finger in the nose. Last year, I was worse than your weight (95-96) then lost 15 kilos in 2 months, by water fasting 4-5 days in a row (yeah, I'm extreme), on & off then rest in between, without much planning (the 2 first days are the most difficult then you don't feel a thing, not hungry anymore - plus when I wanted to crack, I would put plenty of stuff in my mouth for the taste, just not swallow and spit, tricking my organism, which worked well. It's the ingestion which triggers more envy so the word is : discipline, then it's manageable). I didn't regain for a long time (jusqu'à une pire dépression où j'ai volontairement lâché prise pour tout) because my body lost the habit to binge eat as a compensation mechanism to poor life/mental hygiene. I will repeat the operation, starting tomorrow ...plus eventually train, high intensity (méthode Ropers si ça te dit quelque chose)

Last edited:
enjolras

enjolras

Feb 13, 2020
I use emu oil, lavender oil, rosemary oil, castor oil and biotin supplements to nourish my brows and stop them shedding

No need for perfume then ! I used to put this stuff & more (saw palmetto & DMSO, don't remember what that is, but chemical) to stimulate hair growth. Hated the routine. But the mental cost was worse cause it would turn the focus on this "benign" problem, making it larger than it was. I was a masochist. Would keep looking at mirrors all day long

Just hit me if your emu supply runs out. I pluck plumes by hand, whose attachements got loose during rodeo time. Bio label
A1A959D8 C7C3 406C A2C7 B96282BE26F1 (Not exactly an emu, but close cousin ;) Precision for the haters : I turned out a vegan way later, once educated)

• Hugs
BlackPoppet

BlackPoppet

Mar 7, 2020
No need for perfume then ! I used to put this stuff & more (saw palmetto & DMSO, don't remember what that is, but chemical) to stimulate hair growth. Hated the routine. But the mental cost was worse cause it would turn the focus on this "benign" problem, making it larger than it was. I was a masochist. Would keep looking at mirrors all day long

Just hit me if your emu supply runs out. I pluck plumes by hand, whose attachements got loose during rodeo time. Bio label
View attachment 36433(Not exactly an emu, but close cousin ;) Precision for the haters : I turned out a vegan way later, once educated)
Is that a Cassowary?

enjolras

enjolras

Feb 13, 2020
Is that a Cassowary?

You taught me a lesson there ! No, basic ostrich, in South Africa. Farmers organise races, mounting them. They're pretty wild, hard to stay on top. Still, nicer than a bull on parade ! (I guess)

BlackPoppet

BlackPoppet

Mar 7, 2020
You taught me a lesson there ! No, basic ostrich, in South Africa. Farmers organise races, mounting them. They're pretty wild, hard to stay on top. Still, nicer than a bull on parade ! (I guess)
Oops of course it's an Ostrich, I'm so silly. I knew that!!
Oops of course it's an Ostrich, I'm so silly. I knew that!!
I used to take part in Donkey derbies when I was younger. Racing Donkeys. I kid you not!

• Wow
Reactions: enjolras
Soulless_Angel

Soulless_Angel

existence is futile
Jul 10, 2019
have not read all replies, but fuck no, I loathe myself more then anything in this world and then some

• Hugs
Reactions: Élégie, BlackPoppet and enjolras
BlackPoppet

BlackPoppet

Mar 7, 2020
With the Emu oil, the Australian Aborigines harvest the Emus for their meat, and use the Emu fat to cure skin problems. It's a fabulous skin and hair moisturiser. It grows hair, reduces scars and a host of other things.

Reactions: enjolras
enjolras

enjolras

Feb 13, 2020
Your description sounds like Aloe Vera to me, but okay :happy: Donkey derbies, I read it first like monkey derbies (wtf). Not discussing Made in britain activities further, my mind's frozen with cheese-rolling, please ! :ohhhh: (believe it or not, in my small ski village, very populated with britons, it is practiced too)

Back on track
(haha the art of falling again on its paws, like a cat)

• Love
terry_a_davis

terry_a_davis

Warlock
Dec 28, 2019
No but like someone has already posted i don't really care. I used to care a lot and fastidiously worked out for years but i wasn't that happy about my looks then either, i could always pick out and focus on faults even though i had a 6 pack and larger than avg muscles etc.

• Hugs
LastFlowers

LastFlowers

the haru that can read
Apr 27, 2019
Hell no. That's why I'm here. (As well as the domino effect that ensued because of it). Trapped by my own flesh. I can't be myself when I am forced to filter all my interactions through something I do not identify with. I might as well be transgender because it's the same predicament. I do like who I am or rather, my potential. Which is why I am unwilling to accept being suffocated by something I had no choice in. People seem to think hating my physical self means hating who I am, which is preposterous to me. If I hated myself that much, I would think I deserved to look like this and live with it. But I don't and I won't.

So many others sure do LOVE to dismiss this very real and very valid reason for wanting to end one's life though!

Reactions: Skathon and Élégie
É

Élégie

Student
Sep 24, 2019
I hate my physical appearance. It's one of the (many) reasons I'm suicidal. I've struggled with an eating disorder and body dysmorphia for so long... After years of trying to improve myself, I am now extremely tired. I've recently gained a bunch of weight and I can't seem to get back on a healthy track. My body is fucked anyway. I have so many flaws, I don't even know where to begin (acne, stretch marks everywhere, ugly face, flabby skin, no boobs...) I'm disgusting.

• Aww..
  • Hugs
Reactions: BlackPoppet, selfhater and LastFlowers