m1v

m1v

Eternal flower fields
Feb 27, 2023
Are you someone who writes down your thoughts on a diary? Or even share silly stories...

I personally do. I like the fact that it's just me, myself & I casually talking and no other else. Journaling gives me a sense of validation and significance, my diary is waiting for me and it's always something I could go to when I feel bothered or upset. It's depending on me, and I feel precious, since without me my diary wouldn't tell funny stories anymore.

I really love reading other people's diary too. There's just something so interesting, being able to be in their heads, basically reading their minds. Reading someone else's journal, it's like I've accompanied them in their journey as if I was there, as if I was their longtime friend. If you have a diary and don't mind someone like me looking through it, plz share it! I would love that. Everyone, please be well x

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: Rocinante, alonely, Valky and 4 others
A

aGoodDayToDie

Arcanist
Jun 30, 2023
No. I don't see the point. It doesn't achieve anything. It's just waffling. To noone. It's meaningless. Pointless. And I'd rather not get any more inside my head, its bad enough as it is.

As futile as it is, I'd rather at least try to connect with other people. And distract myself by things other than what's going through my mind.

Reactions: loopdaloop and m1v
cgrtt.brns

cgrtt.brns

wandering ghost (he/him)
Apr 19, 2023
ive always wondered if writing in a diary every day would be helpful but ive never been able to commit to it. most of my entries would just be "nothing happened today and i still feel shit" anyway lol. ive found writing here on sasu helps me a lot, i think the fact that others bring up topics that i can write my thoughts about helps rather than relying on myself to think of something to write about, most of the time i dont even post my replies i just write them out and leave them. i guess that kind of defeats the purpose of a diary tho.
is there any advice youd give to someone who wants to start?

• Love
Reactions: Tobacco, alonely, loopdaloop and 2 others
FormerlyFe(IV)

FormerlyFe(IV)

Snapped.
Jun 27, 2023
never been able to commit to it

Same. I've tried creating blogs, apps, apps on my PC, physical notebooks, more apps. I give up in like two days every single time.

• Love
Reactions: loopdaloop and cgrtt.brns
m1v

m1v

Eternal flower fields
Feb 27, 2023
ive always wondered if writing in a diary every day would be helpful but ive never been able to commit to it. most of my entries would just be "nothing happened today and i still feel shit" anyway lol. ive found writing here on sasu helps me a lot, i think the fact that others bring up topics that i can write my thoughts about helps rather than relying on myself to think of something to write about, most of the time i dont even post my replies i just write them out and leave them. i guess that kind of defeats the purpose of a diary tho.
is there any advice youd give to someone who wants to start?
That's true, i do consider sasu a 'digital diary', which means sasu could act as your personal diary too. Writing doesn't help me deal with ctb thoughts though, simply makes me feel lighter and tranquil a bit. I just prefer writing on paper to be honest.

And uhmm I've came across a shitload of your replies/threads and I think they're all very well thought-out. imo you should start by actually posting your replies (instead of leaving them out!) and just be true to yourself so the world can see it :) If you ever start writing magically though, some people might be interested in reading it..(totally not me) I'm counting on you, stay safe.

• Hugs
Reactions: cgrtt.brns and loopdaloop
liljeep

liljeep

wake up i know you can hear me
Jul 1, 2023
No... I'm very scared of being alone with my thoughts. Whatever I feel, to process it, I have to tell somebody (mainly I do this through texts or posts rather than using my voice, it's scarier.) I don't even use Notes app. But I do have one full diary, that I bought when I was a teen and not so scared of my own thoughts. I finished it last year while I was hospitalized and had no one to tell my thoughts.

• Love
Reactions: whs and m1v
L

loopdaloop

-
Apr 16, 2023
Had gotten rid of all of my diaries and stopped writing on physical paper since commiting to ctb plans to not allow any relatives to snoop through personal matters.

Reactions: m1v
jazzcat

jazzcat

dark eyed and miserable
May 19, 2023
I'm glad this works for you!! I used to have one too, when I first started writing I just wanted to articulate my thoughts, it momentarily helped me calm down if I was crying or about to have a panic attack, but it became too depressing and I destroyed my diary a few months ago
it was just very sad to be able to read an old entry from three years ago again and still feel the exact same, like shit. I also didn't want my family to find it, I became increasingly paranoid about that

• Love
F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
Yes but not every day. I tend to journal when I need to get stuff out that I can't really talk to anyone about. I agree that it helps. It's weird though sometimes because I've read back years in the past and realise I was having all the same thoughts. Pretty depressing really.

• Love
alonely

alonely

exists by being merely labeled
Jul 1, 2023
I have on-and-off throughout my life. When I was younger I would mostly write in the form of poetry. I have a notebook now that I want to either throw away or tear all of the pages out of because the self that I was becoming has been eliminated by someone I deluded myself into believing wanted and cared about me - I have lost all progress, friends, and everything because of it and I am back at 0 with no energy to start from nothing again. Maybe I should give journalling another shot if I end up feeling like I have hope again. I dunno.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: m1v and Tobacco
Tobacco

Tobacco

Efilist. Possible promortalist.
Jan 14, 2023
I have one diary where I just write in a sentence something that changed my life in some way.

I'm thinking of writing another more detailed.

• Love
O

outatime_85

Warlock
May 17, 2022
I journal a lot.

I figure that since my family does not talk to me, doesn't have time to understand what I am going through, and since they have effectively deemed me excommunicado, my journals will tell them what I was thinking and going through, right up to the end.

Even though they probably won't care, at least they can't say there was no information left for them.

• Love