• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

Fallen

Fallen

Jan 22, 2019
Memes and jokes about suicide always makes me a bit happier(before going back to being depressed). But I always hear about people saying "suicide isn't a joke". Personally I think it makes my situation a bit more lighthearted and makes what is sad a bit happier. But what do you guys think?

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, BeHope, Norest4thewicked and 10 others
JayZT

JayZT

Jul 12, 2018
Not always jokes but sometimes I like to look at the signs of someone being suicidal then try to display as many as possible when at school and home.

The fact that no one ever notices shows how little they care...

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, Kdawg2018, NoReasonToLive and 1 other person
Aesthler

Aesthler

Death is the only God who comes when you call
Sep 25, 2018
I joke about it from time to time, I think it's a coping mechanism

Reactions: stellabelle, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, Norest4thewicked and 6 others
Redt2go

Redt2go

flower child
Jan 5, 2019
Not always jokes but sometimes I like to look at the signs of someone being suicidal then try to display as many as possible when at school and home.

If you want help just ask for it. Tell them your sad... They can't read your mind

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, Kdawg2018, StillWaiting and 1 other person
JayZT

JayZT

Jul 12, 2018
If you want help just ask for it. Tell them your sad... They can't read your mind

I asked for help once and instead it was treated as if I had committed a crime rather than was suffering.

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, Norest4thewicked, Johnnythefox and 3 others
Redt2go

Redt2go

flower child
Jan 5, 2019
I asked for help once and instead it was treated as if I had committed a crime rather than was suffering.
Ask your school counselor. They're trained in empathy.

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, Kdawg2018 and StillWaiting
Fallen

Fallen

Jan 22, 2019

I do the opposite. I looked up signs of being suicidal/depressed so I don't show it in public. I hate being questioned.

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, Kdawg2018, TAW122 and 2 others
J

Jake88

Jan 25, 2019
I joke a lot. About everything. Including suicide. I think it's mostly a coping mechanism as previously stated.

"If you can't laugh you might as well kill yourself." That's always been how I've viewed things anyway.

I recognize that some people can't laugh about it and that's fine.

If I didn't understand or have the feelings myself? And I had lost somebody to suicide? I'd probably frown on it.

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, Kdawg2018 and StillWaiting
JayZT

JayZT

Jul 12, 2018
Ask your school counselor. They're trained in empathy.

It was someone from my school... basically I was depressed and didn't show up to school so I was put on the Childrens heating system and after expressing that the reason I didn't show up was because of how I felt they didn't offer me help, they just said to me that if I didn't start turning up I'd be in more serious trouble than I already am. My school knows that I suffer, they don't really care.

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, Jake88 and StillWaiting
Fallen

Fallen

Jan 22, 2019
It was someone from my school... basically I was depressed and didn't show up to school so I was put on the Childrens heating system and after expressing that the reason I didn't show up was because of how I felt they didn't offer me help, they just said to me that if I didn't start turning up I'd be in more serious trouble than I already am. My school knows that I suffer, they don't really care.

No offense but I don't think you should give up quite yet. Since from what I can tell, you do want someone to care, I'm gonna assume you haven't completely given up yet. There should be more than one person you can talk to, your teachers, other counselors, principal, even your parents if you're willing to ask. But I understand that you might not want the help from those people and if so, I'm sorry that you have to go through that. But I'm in no position to tell you to get help, all of us here respect your choice either way.

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, Jake88 and StillWaiting
Redt2go

Redt2go

flower child
Jan 5, 2019
I remember in another thread you said you wanted to kill yourself because of a girl in your class who's a stranger and is moving soon to another school and you're nervous to talk to her. It sounds like you're really overwhelmed. If I were you, I'd call the suicide helpline. First off they're amazing listeners. Theyre confidential and can give you a lot of advice and support where your school is obviously failing to. 18002738255. That's the one in the US but there are confidential ones around the world.

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals and Jake88
Redt2go

Redt2go

flower child
Jan 5, 2019
Memes and jokes about suicide always makes me a bit happier(before going back to being depressed). But I always hear about people saying "suicide isn't a joke". Personally I think it makes my situation a bit more lighthearted and makes what is sad a bit happier. But what do you guys think?
I think joking about suicide with friends is a cry for help... Not that anything is wrong with wanting help! Just because you're suicidal doesn't mean you have to kill yourself. It just means you're really unhappy

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals
JayZT

JayZT

Jul 12, 2018
No offense but I don't think you should give up quite yet. Since from what I can tell, you do want someone to care, I'm gonna assume you haven't completely given up yet. There should be more than one person you can talk to, your teachers, other counselors, principal, even your parents if you're willing to ask. But I understand that you might not want the help from those people and if so, I'm sorry that you have to go through that. But I'm in no position to tell you to get help, all of us here respect your choice either way.

Thank you, I just got by last time and may do this time but it's ultimately down to my impulsivity.

I remember in another thread you said you wanted to kill yourself because of a girl in your class who's a stranger and is moving soon to another school and you're nervous to talk to her. It sounds like you're really overwhelmed. If I were you, I'd call the suicide helpline. First off they're amazing listeners. Theyre confidential and can give you a lot of advice and support where your school is obviously failing to. 18002738255. That's the one in the US but there are confidential ones around the world.

Yeah the girl has just been the final nail in the coffin really but thanks for the number, I'll probably end up using it if things get that bad and I'm close to CTB.

Redt2go

Redt2go

flower child
Jan 5, 2019
Thank you, I just got by last time and may do this time but it's ultimately down to my impulsivity.

Yeah the girl has just been the final nail in the coffin really but thanks for the number, I'll probably end up using it if things get that bad and I'm close to CTB.
You can call them just to talk. You don't have to be in the act of killing yourself. You can just call them if you are stressed

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals and JayZT
TAW122

TAW122

Emissary of the right to die.
Aug 30, 2018

I don't think the hotline is really "confidential". I have seen countless threads and heard stories online about them tracing calls, chats, and even going as far as sending the authorities to people that they suspect are suicidal. I'm not going to tell others what to do, but I just want to emphasize the risks of calling said number. Furthermore, getting locked up against one's will is likely to worsen said person's situation (medical bills, treated like a criminal, lost time from work/school, negatively impacting their social life, etc.).

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, Armadillo, Skathon and 1 other person
Redt2go

Redt2go

flower child
Jan 5, 2019
I don't think the hotline is really "confidential". I have seen countless threads and heard stories online about them tracing calls, chats, and even going as far as sending the authorities to people that they suspect are suicidal. I'm not going to tell others what to do, but I just want to emphasize the risks of calling said number. Furthermore, getting locked up against one's will is likely to worsen said person's situation (medical bills, treated like a criminal, lost time from work/school, negatively impacting their social life, etc.).
Sure, only if you tell them you have a plan and you're about to kill yourself. I think the hotline was appropriate for the user I suggested it to, the point they're at emotionally and what they've expressed that they needed. I didnt suggedt it for everyone on this site.

NoReasonToLive

NoReasonToLive

Jan 16, 2019

Memes and jokes about that makes me a bit happier too. I am joking a lot about suicide - especially with my best friend. We're both sucidal so we both understand jokes.

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals and Redt2go
Kdawg2018

Kdawg2018

Still here...
Nov 10, 2018

This is true, I have called the hotline, they can trace your phone number, and if you tell them you have a plan or are harming yourself or others, they can send police to your house (in US). However, if you don't have a plan, want someone to talk to, don't want to hurt yourself, or need help accessing mental health services in your area, they can be very helpful. If you are under 18 and call, child protective services can get involved if you are being abused at home. I will say, that if you are a teen or younger, and you have tried to get help, that parents not getting you help when you ask is considered neglect in US. I know because I asked them for someone else on SS. I also know that I asked my parents for help with depression at age 14 and they said it was just a "phase." So sometimes people do not recognize what you are experiencing to be real, just don't call hotline with a huge suicide plan unless you want real help to show up, remember, that your situation can get worse (I.E. abusive foster home, but if your situation is bad, then it can get better). I'm just trying to tell you what I know from calling the hotline and asking questions.

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals and stellabelle
21Neberg

21Neberg

Enlightened
Dec 17, 2018
Just this week I was sitting there with a couple of friends before an exam. I don't know how we got there, but eventually I literally said that "I want to finish my exams before I hang myself" and they fucking laughed, not knowing I was literally crying for help god I'm such an idiot lol

Reactions: Fthis, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, Norest4thewicked and 1 other person