• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

Do you have a problem with sounds/loud noices?

• Yes. It's affecting me negatively. Stress/anxiety/depression is elevated

Votes: 26 83.9%
  • No. My brain is able to filtrate it, so it's not disturbing.

Votes: 5 16.1%

• Total voters
Otaku

Otaku

Student
Mar 2, 2024
I think we all have experienced sounds or noises, where we can't "filtrate" the loud sounds in our head, and therefore becomes noise to us.
It can be a baby that keeps booing.
It can be all those loud machines, that weren't here for 100-150 years ago. Like a lawnmower, motor bike, a truck, or it can be construction work where they use power tools. For instance. If your neighbor is renovating apartments, I have heard from many, they can't live there at these times.
Some days i am a little better at adjusting to it, but it is so damn loud all the time.

But it's giving me hell of a lot stress, and stress gives me more anxiety that ultimately is making me depressed. Sometimes gives me a little chock. It affects me so negative, i am forced to taking CNS depressants at times. ( Benzodiazepines) To keep it under control, so it doesn't affect me so much.
I just wanted to know, how common this is, and how it's affecting your lives. We didn't live with all these noises 100-150 years ago.
For me it's worst when i'm trying to concentrate, and the decibel is especially high.

4am

4am

there’s nothing for you (it/its)
Dec 14, 2023
yeah, i can't stand loud noise. i often wear my airpods with noice cancellation on when i'm outside. but the noise doesn't have any psychological effect on me, rather it's more physical

Agon321

Agon321

I use google translate
Aug 21, 2023
No, on the contrary ;).

I really don't like complete silence.
In a sense, I "hear" the silence and I can't stand it.
For example, I can't imagine going to bed without headphones.
I really like the sounds of the vacuum cleaner, dryer, lawn mower, rain, airplane, etc.
This type of sounds relax me.

I live in the countryside and when someone, for example, mows the grass in my neighborhood, I like to go to the yard because it simply relaxes me.

Of course, I don't like all sounds, but I have a high tolerance.
Total silence is not comfortable for me.

sancta-simplicitas

sancta-simplicitas

Dec 14, 2023
I'm hypervigilant so I hear all sounds at an unusual high volume, it depends on my fatigue levels how much I'm able to tolerate. Sometimes I can absolutely blast my favorite music and love it, sometimes the sound of my cat grooming himself from across the room is enough to trigger a panic attack.

ijustwishtodie

ijustwishtodie

death will be my ultimate bliss
Oct 29, 2023
Yes, I unfortunately have autism which makes me react to loud sounds negatively. I wish I had the ability to filter out sounds in the same way that a neurotypical can. Still, what I go through is lucky in comparison to what other autistic people go through

Otaku

Otaku

Student
Mar 2, 2024
yeah, i can't stand loud noise. i often wear my airpods with noice cancellation on when i'm outside. but the noise doesn't have any psychological effect on me, rather it's more physical
Same. I am also using noise cancellation headphones. It should be the best there is what i have. Sony Xm 4s Headphones, but it can't filtrate all the noises. It can reduce them, but not give me a total peace and inner sanctum, I actually often sleep with them, because they are comforting.

Reactions: 4am
FallenStar

FallenStar

Global Mod
Oct 23, 2021
Yes, noises affect me too much. I have hyperacusis so there are noises that other people can barely detect and I hear them loudly and I hear the loud noises worse. Of course my tinnitus doesn't help either. All this generates tachycardia, stress, anxiety and I can't concentrate on anything. Living this way is hell :(

Otaku

Otaku

Student
Mar 2, 2024
Yes, noises affect me too much. I have hyperacusis so there are noises that other people can barely detect and I hear them loudly and I hear the loud noises worse. Of course my tinnitus doesn't help either. All this generates tachycardia, stress, anxiety and I can't concentrate on anything. Living this way is hell :(
I agree so much.
I just looked it up. It's very close to what i'm experiencing. Are you able to be social, with this "handicap"?
It's very bad. I agree.
Do you take any meds for it?

ClaudeCTTE

ClaudeCTTE

Misunderstood...
Aug 22, 2023
All the time.

I have hyperacusis and noises trigger my suicidal thoughts.
Medications don't work for my hyperacusis.

I'm unlucky to live on a very busy street, so I constantly have to listen to loud cars, trucks, and motorcycles. The worst is when they blast their horrible music at full volume.

People in my town have low culture and they love being extremely noisy. They always love to use fireworks, and hearing fireworks is totally horrifying for me. A few days ago, the people in my neighborhood decided to use fireworks at 6 AM for their silly religious festivities... I literally woke up scared...

Going out on the street is stressful for me. I always encounter dogs on the street, and I hate it when they bark at me because I always get scared. My ears hurt just from hearing them.

The worst is when I'm in a crowd. Hearing everyone talking, children screaming or crying, and hearing street vendors is too much for me. I start to have an anxiety attack to the point where I can't tell if I'm in the real world or in a dream.

I recently bought some earplugs. They have helped me quite a bit, although honestly, I would prefer them to completely isolate the sound.
Similarly, sometimes I listen to music on my headphones to avoid hearing noise.

• Hugs
Reactions: Otaku
Otaku

Otaku

Student
Mar 2, 2024
All the time.

I have hyperacusis and noises trigger my suicidal thoughts.
Medications don't work for my hyperacusis.

I'm unlucky to live on a very busy street, so I constantly have to listen to loud cars, trucks, and motorcycles. The worst is when they blast their horrible music at full volume.

People in my town have low culture and they love being extremely noisy. They always love to use fireworks, and hearing fireworks is totally horrifying for me. A few days ago, the people in my neighborhood decided to use fireworks at 6 AM for their silly religious festivities... I literally woke up scared...

Going out on the street is stressful for me. I always encounter dogs on the street, and I hate it when they bark at me because I always get scared. My ears hurt just from hearing them.

The worst is when I'm in a crowd. Hearing everyone talking, children screaming or crying, and hearing street vendors is too much for me. I start to have an anxiety attack to the point where I can't tell if I'm in the real world or in a dream.

I recently bought some earplugs. They have helped me quite a bit, although honestly, I would prefer them to completely isolate the sound.
Similarly, sometimes I listen to music on my headphones to avoid hearing noise.
i am so sorry. It's such a terrible mental condition to suffer from.
The best kind of help i have found, is if it possible, to isolate yourself completely from noise. Like Noise cancelling headphones helps you a little with. I hope they will be so good in the future, that it's possible to only hear the sounds you want to hear. So you can filter what out you need.
Have you tried taking benzodiazepines? They help me a bit. But they are easy to get addicted to.

• Hugs
Reactions: ClaudeCTTE

1MiserableGuy

Experienced
Dec 30, 2023
I used to not, but I lived as a professional musician for seven years and have been bothered by loud noises ever since. Having a two year old while you have that problem is truly nonstop.

ClaudeCTTE

ClaudeCTTE

Misunderstood...
Aug 22, 2023
i am so sorry. It's such a terrible mental condition to suffer from.
The best kind of help i have found, is if it possible, to isolate yourself completely from noise. Like Noise cancelling headphones helps you a little with. I hope they will be so good in the future, that it's possible to only hear the sounds you want to hear. So you can filter what out you need.
Have you tried taking benzodiazepines? They help me a bit. But they are easy to get addicted to.
I don't take benzodiazepines because I have ADHD.
I usually take stimulants (Methylphenidate) and antidepressants (Fluoxetine). At the moment, I'm only taking Fluoxetine to reduce my anxiety, although it doesn't help with my hyperacusis.
As for the stimulants, methylphenidate only takes away my laziness and improves my focus, although noises still distract me.

FuneralCry

FuneralCry

She wished that she never existed...
Sep 24, 2020
I have done my whole life. Loud noises have always been so unbearable and horrible, I cannot stand noise and this world is filled with it.

• Hugs
Reactions: Otaku and soulkitty
F

Forveleth

I knew I forgot to do something when I was 15...
Mar 26, 2024
It really depends on the noise. I grew up with a ticking clock, which I find peaceful. I grew up near train tracks so loud machinery is my lullaby. On the other hand, I loathe the sounds of children and barking dogs just make me sad because it usually means someone hasn't' bothered to train their pet which is so, so bad for them. Also as @Agon321 said, I hate silence, especially if I can "hear" it.

Although as humans age, we are less able to filter out background noise so I have found myself putting in headphones/earplugs more and more. The joys of getting old!

Reactions: Agon321
surroundedbydemons

surroundedbydemons

Experienced
Mar 6, 2024
Loud noises are truly annoying.

But I think I also have a problem with quiet noises. I have ADHD, and I am super sensitive to any noises, even the quiet ones. It is very similar to what sancta-simplicitas described. While it does not trigger anxiety/panic, this is incredibly annoying...

• Hugs
Reactions: soulkitty
MatrixPrisoner

MatrixPrisoner

Enlightened
Jul 8, 2023
I am one of the effected:

Ever since these god-awful, worthless Fast & Furious movies made muffler deletes a rite of passage for just about every single useless-to-society degenerate fuckboi in America, I have wanted to CTB more and more. The constant 24/7 growl of these fucking losers has completely stripped me of my human right to peace and quiet.

I wish death to them all.