• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

S

salvation

Yo
Mar 21, 2019
i do (aspergers), lights and certain textures bother me. loud noises too. i get overwhelmed often, and sudden changes in plans or schedule bothers me. I also am social impaired and obsessed with certain things.

if you have it, how does it affect you? what's it like living with it for you?

Reactions: Jodes, Eren and Soon4me
TAW122

TAW122

Emissary of the right to die.
Aug 30, 2018
Yes I do, I was officially diagnosed with Aspergers at age 16 while in high school. I do get bothered by loud noises, but as far as texture and lights, not so much. I also struggle with sudden changes in plans and erratic schedules. I share similar issues that you experience as well, being socially impaired and obsessed with a few things (that most people don't have interest or care much about). I'd say it has affected pretty negatively, especially when it comes to social interactions and communication with others. I'd say there are some advantages I have that others don't, but I don't think the advantages fully outweigh the disadvantages and there are times where I wished I was NT and not an Aspie.

Reactions: salvation
AveryConure

AveryConure

Some idiot
May 11, 2018
I was misdiagnosed as one and it basically fucked up my life. It's hard to explain to my mom I don't want her to talk about me having it anymore because it triggers me really bad but she's in denial that she fucked up so it's easier said than done.

GreyMagic

GreyMagic

The more you care, the more you have to lose.
Feb 21, 2019
I went through all the tests etc for Autism, and basically got diagnosed with Selective Mutism instead! Yay..

Guld

Guld

Mar 10, 2019
I have high functioning autism. Eye contact, bright lights and loud noises are really tough for me. I'm not terrible at socializing, but i don't enjoy it. It's mentally draining, and i feel like nothing "recharges" me.
I don't understand people, and people seem to expect to be understood. That's annoying.
Intrusive thoughts are a problem sometimes, if my brain wants it to. My brain is abusive.

Reactions: OnlyMercy, ithappens, salvation and 1 other person
F

Final Escape

I’ve been here too long
Jul 8, 2018
I have high functioning autism. Eye contact, bright lights and loud noises are really tough for me. I'm not terrible at socializing, but i don't enjoy it. It's mentally draining, and i feel like nothing "recharges" me.
I don't understand people, and people seem to expect to be understood. That's annoying.
Intrusive thoughts are a problem sometimes, if my brain wants it to. My brain is abusive.
Does this always get diagnosed easily or is it something u could go through half your life with and only find out till really late in life? Lol

TAW122

TAW122

Emissary of the right to die.
Aug 30, 2018
I'm pretty much in similar shoes as you are, minus bright lights and sometimes continuous eye contact can be tiring for me too.

Jodes

Jodes

Enlightened
Nov 23, 2018
Just been diagnosed. I long suspected it but only now really appreciating how much it affects me. It turns out I'm so overstimulated I'm virtually entirely now non functioning.

How does it affect me?
  • Speech - so far 1000+ examples on this forum of my issues on this LOL
  • Interests - quite unchanging
  • Social: always isolating, now avoidance is very serious for me
  • Irritability: I used to overstimulate myself to drown out my mind, body and the environment. Now I wear earplugs, listen to quiet music in a small, near-dark room where no-one bothers me. I snap at anything. I hate what my mind and body do, normal or abnormal. A place for everything & everything in its place. A specific range of spare money in the bank. Soft clothing. It's true what they say - all these things gets worse.
After I was severely bullied several times, I went from being very outgoing, bubbly and confident to the opposite, eyes rarely leaving the floor. But now about 40 years old, something else has snapped in me, (Probably my BPD helps) - I'm still shy and awkward but very intense, and ruthlessly aggressive protecting others from being vicitimised. It gives me a focus to dissolve barriers between people and expose abuse. I'm never physical but again my BPD, I don't forgive for forget, and my ASD: I need order, but I've now lost the plot: water just rolls of my back, and I've realised I do have it in me to kill, which I'd not thought possible.

I'm a nightmare to live with when I'm stressed. It takes a little while for me to really realise what I've said. It's a weird fucking delay. So I offend people often and regret it. Say things I don't mean and regret it. My BPD makes me explosive sometimes, seriously erratic and volatile moods, say things I absolutely don't mean, and my ASD makes the triggers so much worse. The only saving grace is BPD and ASD cancel out in the way that ASD blunts incoming emotions in that they're harder to spot at the time, but then they're analysed a bit more instead, dampening future similar situations. Or something like that. But not knowing what you're feeling in the moment is a real fucking difficulty to live with. Other than I'm predictable. A difficult arsehole.

A

Addy92

Student
Mar 24, 2019
One of my exes suggested the possibility. Now I've read this thread. Shit. I'm 26 now... Maybe. It's in the family.

Guld

Guld

Mar 10, 2019
Does this always get diagnosed easily or is it something u could go through half your life with and only find out till really late in life? Lol
I was diagnosed when i was 14. I knew i was not normal for a long time, but its a bit more to it than just taking an online quiz. So yeah, you can live half your life till you figure it out.

Glim

Glim

Student
Jan 28, 2019
I almost wish I did... I'm reclusive, socially off, avoid eye contact and am a bit sensitive to stimulus, but I don't have any obsessiveness, attention to detail, good memory, the ability to hyper-focus, or a natural gift in math, linguistics, or science.

• Irritability: I used to overstimulate myself to drown out my mind, body and the environment. Now I wear earplugs, listen to quiet music in a small, near-dark room where no-one bothers me. I snap at anything. I hate what my mind and body do, normal or abnormal. A place for everything & everything in its place. A specific range of spare money in the bank. Soft clothing. It's true what they say - all these things gets worse.

That is interesting..... I was at peace when I withdrew from society but later I had to deal with more company in my living arrangements. Just being aware of the presence of other people is enough to disturb my peace of mind, not to mention seeing them and hearing the noise they make that can sometimes pierce through my headphones playing deep red noise to drown them out.... My inability to be completely isolated is partly why I'm CTB.... I just wanted peace and quiet from this world, but I couldn't even have that during my final days; the person who arranged for more people to come live with me thought it would help my state of mind, but it just disturbed me and amplified my desire to kill myself

Last edited:
Reactions: Jodes, salvation and Final Escape
Can'tStandAnymore

Can'tStandAnymore

Custom title
Mar 16, 2019
I first noticed this weirdness when I was 5 or 6, as the world really makes me feel like that I'm just watching everything from outside.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jodes, salvation and throwaway777
Jodes

Jodes

Enlightened
Nov 23, 2018
It's weird how we can be detached from our surroundings yet have it disturb us so much. Living somewhere with anyone above you, just hearing a footstep, a bed spring creek, cupboard close, and ffs I can hear her bum vibrating when she slides into the bath. The moment I know I won't have a place to isolate myself completely I'll CTB

I first noticed this weirdness when I was 5 or 6, as the world really makes me feel like that I'm just watching everything from outside.
I almost wish I did... I'm reclusive, socially off, avoid eye contact and am a bit sensitive to stimulus, but I don't have any obsessiveness, attention to detail, good memory, the ability to hyper-focus, or a natural gift in math, linguistics, or science.

That is interesting..... I was at peace when I withdrew from society but later I had to deal with more company in my living arrangements. Just being aware of the presence of other people is enough to disturb my peace of mind, not to mention seeing them and hearing the noise they make that can sometimes pierce through my headphones playing deep red noise to drown them out.... My inability to be completely isolated is partly why I'm CTB.... I just wanted peace and quiet from this world, but I couldn't even have that during my final days; the person who arranged for more people to come live with me thought it would help my state of mind, but it just disturbed me and amplified my desire to kill myself

Reactions: Can'tStandAnymore and salvation