Votes: 31 62.0%
  • Neither (explain)

Votes: 1 2.0%

• Total voters
Celerity

Celerity

shape without form, shade without colour
Jan 24, 2021
When I was in the deepest, darkest pit of depression I had ever known, my self-hatred was actually at its nadir. I only hated living and saw no way out but death.

• Aww..
Reactions: BottomlessPit, Journeytoletgo, puppet_nihilist and 3 others
killedbypsychiatry

killedbypsychiatry

drugging kids is abuse
Jan 27, 2021
I hate what happened to me. Don't necessarily hate myself but I hate my reality. I used to really like life but after abuse now my life causes me pain. So I guess I hate the people who abused me and also the reality I now have to live in.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: ithappens, _r1a, bloomingdark and 4 others
W

WornOutLife

マット
Mar 22, 2020
What a hard question to answer!

I picked both because I sometimes hate myself for not being able to be happy as normal people arr. You know, having a job, studying, getting married and having some children is more than enough for them. I wish things were so simple for me.

As for me, I find life pointless because it's impossible to know the meaning and origin of it. How can something come from nothing? Why live if I'll die anyway?

I hate both life/the universe and myself.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: ithappens, Celerity and bloomingdark
N

Nigh

Experienced
Oct 12, 2020
I hate what happened to me. Don't necessarily hate myself but I have my reality. I used to really like life but after abuse now my life causes me pain. So I guess I hate the people who abused me and also the reality I now have to live in.
I'm so sorry this happened to you. I really hope you can get peace one day or some sense of freedom, but it must be really hard.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: bloomingdark and killedbypsychiatry
killedbypsychiatry

killedbypsychiatry

drugging kids is abuse
Jan 27, 2021
I'm so sorry this happened to you. I really hope you can get peace one day or some sense of freedom, but it must be really hard.
thank you so much <3

• Hugs
Reactions: Nigh
bloomingdark

bloomingdark

Alex
Jan 24, 2019
I hate myself more than life itself, i find myself disgusting most of the times, i think my way of seeing things/ behaving is so childish and emotional and that's why my reality is fucked up...

Last edited:
  • Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: WornOutLife, Celerity, lofticries and 1 other person
DarkWolf

DarkWolf

Worthless Loser
Mar 29, 2021
I hate myself more than the English language can describe.
And I also hate life.

• Hugs
Reactions: bloomingdark
StringPuppet

StringPuppet

Lost
Oct 5, 2020
I used to hate myself, but now I realize that life itself is the cause of every misfortune and we're all just effects, so there's no reason I should hate myself and not the world that produced someone like me in the first place.

• Hugs
Reactions: ithappens, Celerity, killedbypsychiatry and 1 other person
lofticries

lofticries

obedear
Feb 27, 2021
Both. I mean I hate myself for not being self reliant and not having a back bone. But I also hate life in general because everyone is supposed to live by the same fucking blue print or else you're seen as a failure. Doesn't even matter if you're happy or not. Society will be the judge if you're living life well. Also the whole dying of old age seems evil to me. Like you're just supposed to wait and suffer till your last breath while being completely vulnerable..... And normies find euthanasia and suicide unsettling and depressing.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Celerity

Celerity

shape without form, shade without colour
Jan 24, 2021
I used to hate myself, but now I realize that life itself is the cause of every misfortune and we're all just effects, so there's no reason I should hate myself and not the world that produced someone like me in the first place.
I feel the same way, but sometimes I also get really frustrated with myself.

Dr Iron Arc

Dr Iron Arc

Into the Unknown
Feb 10, 2020
I definitely hate myself more than I hate life but almost everything I enjoy about life is related to some way of escaping life such as games or shows or whatever.

The wretched depths of my self hate knows no bounds I've literally been sabotaging myself my whole life because I can't let that little shit get away with ruining my own life like that.

• Hugs
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
I would say for me, I hate life. The fact that I exist in the first place is the cause of all of my problems. Many of the negative things that have happened to me, have been out of my control and there was nothing I could have done to prevent them. I think I deserve better than what this life has given me. I dislike being myself, having to go through my life but my negative feelings are directed towards life rather than myself.

• Hugs
Reactions: 4am, Celerity and puppet_nihilist