Amumu

Amumu

Ctb - temporary solution for a permanent problem
Aug 29, 2020
With the sad, gloomy and tired face I have, even though I'm only 22 soon, it looks like I'm 30.
With a beard, it looks like I'm 40. So I shave everyday. I know most millennials don't.
What about you?

Reactions: Kat!, Deleted member 19276, puppy9 and 3 others
Dr Iron Arc

Dr Iron Arc

Into the Unknown
Feb 10, 2020
I tried not shaving for two months during quarantine but my face looked even uglier than usual so now I shave every two days as usual.

• Hugs
Reactions: Kat!, 262653, puppy9 and 3 others
Mm80

Mm80

Enlightened
May 15, 2019
Im sure you guys dont look as bad as you think. I shave Once every two to three days as my facial hair grows very slowly. Strangely though my pubic hair grows a lot quicker and needs more tlc lol.

• Wow
  • Hugs
Reactions: Sinkinshyp, Deleted member 23586, Kat! and 4 others
death137

death137

miserable
Jun 25, 2020
Since I stay home most of the time I rarely shave (maybe once per month). In the past when I had life it was different.

• Hugs
Reactions: _Minsk, Disappointered, Deleted member 19276 and 6 others
Life.Journey.Unknown

Life.Journey.Unknown

I'm not strong enough for life.
Feb 24, 2020
Yes I shave! Usually every 4 or 5 days because I don't have the motivation to do it more frequently.
I used to use a Gillette mach 3 because it was quick(ish) and convenient.
But for the last 3 years I've used a traditional double edge razor, shaving cream and a brush.
It sounds like a faff but it's cheaper than buying replacement blades for a modern razor. And after a bit of practice you get a nice smooth shave with less irritation.
I usually have a shave once or twice a week after I get out the shower as that leaves the facial hair in a soft state and means it's easier to shave. Which means less irritation etc.
A good shave comes down to good preparation. So shaving after a shower makes things easier.

Reactions: MartyByrde, sufferingalways, Deleted member 4993 and 1 other person
Mm80

Mm80

Enlightened
May 15, 2019
Yes I shave! Usually every 4 or 5 days because I don't have the motivation to do it more frequently.
I used to use a Gillette mach 3 because it was quick(ish) and convenient.
But for the last 3 years I've used a traditional double edge razor, shaving cream and a brush.
It sounds like a faff but it's cheaper than buying replacement blades for a modern razor. And after a bit of practice you get a nice smooth shave with less irritation.
I usually have a shave once or twice a week after I get out the shower as that leaves the facial hair in a soft state and means it's easier to shave. Which means less irritation etc.
A good shave comes down to good preparation. So shaving after a shower makes things easier.
Ive always wanted to use a straight traditional razor. Is it a difficult skill to learn and do you get a better shave ?

Reactions: Sensei, Deleted member 4993 and Amumu
D

dilapidatedMind

Student
Oct 1, 2020
Once a week but i'll be upping it to every few days. I hate hair.

Reactions: Skathon, Deleted member 4993 and Amumu
Life.Journey.Unknown

Life.Journey.Unknown

Feb 24, 2020
Ive always wanted to use a straight traditional razor. Is it a difficult skill to learn and do you get a better shave ?

That's a skill that I've yet to achieve. Yes I'm certain you will get a better shave with a straight razor. But the downside is the practice and amount of time you'll need to put in to get that quality shave. As well as the expense of buying a quality straight razor, as well as learning how to sharpen it on a leather strop. It's a huge learning curve.

I think the best compromise between a good quality traditional shave and ease of use would be to use a Double Edge Safety razor like I do now.

If you're from the UK then check out the company Executive Shaving. That's where I order my replacement blades from (i use the Feather double edge blades for my razor). Their website is really good to browse through if you're interested.

Have a look through their Double Edge Safety razors. The Merkur 41c 1904 looks a lovely little razor and similar to what I use now. The best replacement blades to use are the Feather blades. Ultra sharp. Sounds dangerous but don't be worried because good quality sharp blades give a smooth shave without the irritation etc that modern multi-blade razors give.

And if you need any advice etc then I'd be happy to help

• Hugs
Reactions: sufferingalways, Deleted member 4993 and Mm80
Mm80

Mm80

Enlightened
May 15, 2019
That's a skill that I've yet to achieve. Yes I'm certain you will get a better shave with a straight razor. But the downside is the practice and amount of time you'll need to put in to get that quality shave. As well as the expense of buying a quality straight razor, as well as learning how to sharpen it on a leather strop. It's a huge learning curve.

I think the best compromise between a good quality traditional shave and ease of use would be to use a Double Edge Safety razor like I do now.

If you're from the UK then check out the company Executive Shaving. That's where I order my replacement blades from (i use the Feather double edge blades for my razor). Their website is really good to browse through if you're interested.

Have a look through their Double Edge Safety razors. The Merkur 41c 1904 looks a lovely little razor and similar to what I use now. The best replacement blades to use are the Feather blades. Ultra sharp. Sounds dangerous but don't be worried because good quality sharp blades give a smooth shave without the irritation etc that modern multi-blade razors give.

And if you need any advice etc then I'd be happy to help
Thanks very much will go on the website as im uk as well.

Reactions: Deleted member 4993
Soulless Angel

Soulless Angel

Did someone say Rum?
Jul 6, 2020
I am a women...I bet my hairy leg's could beat all your's. BUT I shave my face as often as poss.......

• Wow
  • Hugs
Reactions: Wraith, epic, 262653 and 3 others
Soulless Angel

Soulless Angel

Did someone say Rum?
Jul 6, 2020
Do women shave their faces ?

tiny fuzz, its fucking irritating, look at a women closely side on, there is hair there, trust me (unless they have shaved1!) top lip is the worst, cheeks to ear lobes is shit too,
we get hair on our faces, we use something called twinkies shavers to get rid!!

• Hugs
  • Wow
Reactions: lobster salad, Disappointered, epic and 6 others
Mm80

Mm80

Enlightened
May 15, 2019
tiny fuzz, its fucking irritating, look at a women closely side on, there is hair there, trust me (unless they have shaved1!) top lip is the worst, cheeks to ear lobes is shit too,
As long as its just on the face i suppose i could live with it, but theres nothing more unappealing than a girl with a hairy bum imo. Its a real turn off for me tbh.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: lobster salad, 262653, Deleted member 4993 and 2 others
C

checkouttime

Visionary
Jul 15, 2020
  • Hugs
Reactions: lobster salad, Disappointered, puppy9 and 3 others
Life_and_Death

Life_and_Death

Do what's best for you 🕯️ Sometimes I'm stressed
Jul 1, 2020
female and i havent shaved my legs in.....2 months i think but thats because im scared too and this is why https://sanctioned-suicide.net/threads/shaving-and-hallucinations.45110/

before then i would shave every sunday. except the winter, its cold and i just want out lol

• Love
  • Wow
Reactions: lobster salad, Deleted member 19276, puppy9 and 6 others
Mm80

Mm80

Enlightened
May 15, 2019
  • Hugs
Reactions: lobster salad, puppy9, Deleted member 4993 and 1 other person
C

checkouttime

Visionary
Jul 15, 2020
they've got some serious bum fluff going on, its dark aswell so even more noticeable.

• Hugs
Reactions: Deleted member 4993, Mm80 and Deleted member 19654
Deleted member 19654

Deleted member 19654

Working towards recovery.
Jul 9, 2020
I shave the fuzz lol and I make sure to wax the moustache.

Reactions: lobster salad, puppy9, Deleted member 4993 and 1 other person
Life.Journey.Unknown

Life.Journey.Unknown

Feb 24, 2020
Here's what I use
1) Tub of shaving cream (Taylors of Bond Street from Executive Shaving)
2) Shaving brush (from Executive Shaving)
3) Small bowl for mixing a bit of shaving cream with water in to a lather (any cheap bowl will do)
4) pack of replacement blades (Feather blades are the best in my opinion. Also from Executive Shaving)
5) the razor (this one was my Dad's. After he passed away I wanted to carry on using it, in his honour I suppose)

Once you get these things the only things you'll need to replace once they run out are the blades and the shaving cream. And those items most likely work out cheaper and are definitely better quality than the modern multiblade razors and cans of shaving cream/gel.

Anyway, have a look into it and see what you think :)

Attachments

• IMG_20201005_194453.jpg
    IMG_20201005_194453.jpg
    4 MB · Views: 11
  • Love
Reactions: lobster salad, epic, sufferingalways and 4 others
Mm80

Mm80

Enlightened
May 15, 2019
female and i havent shaved my legs in.....2 months i think but thats because im scared too and this is why https://sanctioned-suicide.net/threads/shaving-and-hallucinations.45110/

before then i would shave every sunday. except the winter, its cold and i just want out lol
Dont worry l and d we dont think any less of you for it here x

• Love
Reactions: lobster salad, Deleted member 4993, checkouttime and 1 other person
Soulless Angel

Soulless Angel

Did someone say Rum?
Jul 6, 2020

hairy legs for the win....

871ef2ba92e5171d2e7fa1f4578c49d8

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: Circles, lobster salad, Élégie and 10 others
Soulless Angel

Soulless Angel

Did someone say Rum?
Jul 6, 2020
not like anyone knows. i wear jeans 99% of the time lol

I am a leggings girl maself, but same thing, keep em covered long as ma tache is gone, I don't care!

Reactions: lobster salad, Élégie, Deleted member 4993 and 1 other person
Life_and_Death

Life_and_Death

Do what's best for you 🕯️ Sometimes I'm stressed
Jul 1, 2020
  • Hugs
Reactions: lobster salad, Deleted member 4993 and Mm80
Xocoyotziin

Xocoyotziin

Scorpion
Sep 5, 2020
I used to shave my legs and armpits before I went hikki
There really isn't a point now

• Hugs
Reactions: lobster salad, 262653 and Deleted member 4993
Good4Nothing

Good4Nothing

Unlovable
May 8, 2020
I've been shaving with an old 1940s double edge razor for 25 years. Best shave you can get. Most of my adult life I did the Indiana Jones - I looked good with a little bit of stubble.
Now that I'm older and have lines in my face, I sport a beard. Not a biker beard, though, just a trimmed beard.

Reactions: lobster salad, KleinerWolf, Life.Journey.Unknown and 2 others
Soulless Angel

Soulless Angel

Did someone say Rum?
Jul 6, 2020
I've been shaving with an old 1940s double edge razor for 25 years. Best shave you can get. Most of my adult life I did the Indiana Jones - I looked good with a little bit of stubble.
Now that I'm older and have lines in my face, I sport a beard. Not a biker beard, though, just a trimmed beard.

trimmed beards are sexy as hell!

Reactions: lobster salad, Élégie, puppy9 and 4 others
Soulless Angel

Soulless Angel

Did someone say Rum?
Jul 6, 2020
suffer with laughter!!!

ok you can get out of my head now

damn you!!

and seriously, esp when its kinda scruffy unshaven but clearly purposly done, dam that gets me every time!

Reactions: puppy9, KleinerWolf, Deleted member 4993 and 1 other person