E

EGR92

Student
Jul 4, 2020
I only have one friend left in this world and i have always been jealous of her, perfect life never coming across any sort of mental health difficulty, good well paid job, a flat that her parents bought her and a stable relationship.
She knows about my mental health difficulties but i just don't think she 'gets' it at all. Yesterday she said 'i wish you could come and get me for a drive' knowing how unwell i am - im not safe to drive and have no access to my car at the moment because of that. I said i wasn't safe to drive and she questioned me why! Then today she asked me if i was 'talking' to anyone. How could i have any interest in anything romantic right now?! im consumed with pain and thoughts of dying. I dont know... i just wish someone would understand and take me seriously..

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Journeytoletgo, No_more, Finally_Free and 4 others
kinzokukae

kinzokukae

get me out of here
Apr 30, 2020
i get what you mean, it's hard to talk to people who don't experience what we do - even when they try their best to understand, it's impossible. i hate it when someone goes 'can't you ____? have you tried ___ or ____?' god please just take my word for it when i tell you i KNOW what works and doesn't for me, don't just try to give me pointless advice

Reactions: Finally_Free, rhiino, Baguette and 3 others
E

EGR92

Student
Jul 4, 2020
i get what you mean, it's hard to talk to people who don't experience what we do - even when they try their best to understand, it's impossible. i hate it when someone goes 'can't you ____? have you tried ___ or ____?' god please just take my word for it when i tell you i KNOW what works and doesn't for me, don't just try to give me pointless advice

Yep!! my favourite one from her was "Try not to think about it" oh why didn't i think of that?!

Reactions: kinzokukae
kinzokukae

kinzokukae

get me out of here
Apr 30, 2020
Yep!! my favourite one from her was "Try not to think about it" oh why didn't i think of that?!

this and 'try to distract yourself' is advice i give to my friends when they think of their ex, not what i want to hear when the world is tearing into me

Reactions: Fizz
Klee

Klee

Never play cards with a magician.
Apr 19, 2020
Normal people are quite tiring.

Reactions: No_more, EGR92 and Stavrogin
Deleted member 17949

Deleted member 17949

Visionary
May 9, 2020
They're pretty understanding tbh, got lucky with them.

S

SSlostallhope

Student
May 23, 2020
Can't remember what it felt like to have friends

Nyxx33

Nyxx33

May 8, 2020
I used to get more frustrated because of jealousy, then when I wasn't so jealous but felt like I didn't fit in I often felt the need to escape any situation where I get in my head and see my friends as much better than me and more stable. Now I am trying to not be the jealous resentful type and just be happy for them, knowing I just have made certain choices in my life and I have no one to blame but myself. If I get frustrated I tell myself it's me, it's not them, don't take it personally, it's just petty feelings coming up.

P

person123

Experienced
Jul 2, 2020
I don't have friends. No friends, no problems.

Reactions: Sadface