Do you feel happier alone or with other people? If so why.

• Yes, I prefer being alone.

Votes: 31 52.5%
  • No, i hate being alone.

Votes: 5 8.5%
  • Sometimes, It depends.

Votes: 27 45.8%

• Total voters
gravesfrommiami

gravesfrommiami

##b4sisters
Mar 8, 2023
Would love to see everybody's choices, wish you all the best.

Reactions: february in alaska
A

annique

earth's rotation gets me dizzy everyday
Jul 5, 2022
I hate being by myself. I hate being around people that make me feel bad, and I'm one of them. I hate being left with my own thoughts. I hate being around my mother as well. I feel a little better being around my one true friend. But we haven't met in a while. I wish I could connect more with people, good people.

• Hugs
Reactions: dogbreath, gravesfrommiami, Praestat_Mori and 2 others
R_N

R_N

-Memento Mori-
Dec 3, 2019
Depends on people but I can do fine without company.

I do have one close friend I interact with every day but I don't get attached to anyone to the point I will miss them anymore.

I had to learn the hard way but at least I did in the end. And I can entertain myself just fine with all this technology.

• Hugs
Reactions: BrainShower, dogbreath, gravesfrommiami and 3 others
WAITING TO DIE

WAITING TO DIE

TORMENTED
Sep 30, 2023
I prefer being alone because I'm sick of today's toxic society and people are often awful for no good reason.

• Hugs
Reactions: Hollowman, gravesfrommiami, Rogue Proxy and 1 other person
tiger b

tiger b

AI without the I
Oct 24, 2023
I'm a loner, definitely, INFP if you believe that stuff, but can do a passable impersonation of a people person, have good camouflage skills...it's just so tiring. Would echo many thoughts above!

Good people are certainly worth it.

Very few people 'know' me (not talking biblically here) and that's fine with me. I don't think the world's made for people like me, and fine again, you can keep it!

• Hugs
Reactions: gravesfrommiami, WAITING TO DIE and Praestat_Mori
PeterRabbit

PeterRabbit

Feb 19, 2023
I want to spend my time with a person that doesn't exist.

Reactions: Spike Spiegel, dogbreath, gravesfrommiami and 3 others
mob

mob

Student
Jul 19, 2023
I prefer being alone. Everytime someone is around me, it stresses me out - especially when I have to communicate with them. I prefer being alone because I have my peace, no one complains, no one tells me to do stuff, no one talks to me.

• Hugs
Reactions: gonegirl1, Hollowman, gravesfrommiami and 3 others
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
I don't feel happier in any circumstance. Happiness doesn't exist to me, I see existence as very dreadful and undesirable, but I'd prefer to avoid other people as long as I exist here.

• Hugs
Reactions: gravesfrommiami, WAITING TO DIE, Rogue Proxy and 1 other person
rainbowstagbeetle

rainbowstagbeetle

sensitivity is a curse
Oct 22, 2023
it depends for me. i hate being alone with my thoughts but the company of *some* people isn't any better…

• Hugs
Reactions: gravesfrommiami, WAITING TO DIE and Praestat_Mori
P

pole

Global Mod
Sep 18, 2018
alone.

i do crave having someone by my side, i mean don't we all?

at the same time, it's exhausting having to put on a mask all the time and not be able to be yourself. then, having to deal with the politics when it comes to people, the effort in finding the right people, who will also be open minded and understanding about your personal problems. and if your time comes, how difficult it is to just cut ties and abandon relationships.

for me, i feel it's best to be alone in the long run, especially when you have your eyes set on CTBing. it's made a big difference for me and i finally have a peace of mind.

• Hugs
Reactions: gonegirl1, Hollowman, dogbreath and 3 others
BlazingBob

BlazingBob

I'm still here b/c of my dogs
Oct 28, 2021
I prefer being around people in general. Unfortunately due to my health I'm isolated most of the time because I'm too exhausted to socialize. I used to be a teacher and really enjoyed my time in the classroom with students. My health problems ruined my career and it sucks. I spend the majority of my time in bed alone. I'm just existing and definitely not living.

• Hugs
Reactions: gravesfrommiami, WAITING TO DIE, tiger b and 1 other person
PeterRabbit

PeterRabbit

Feb 19, 2023
Hatsune Miku won't say no...well unless you're British.

Joking aside - why not??
I've managed to determine during the course of my life that I'm not really a healthy person to spend time with. I don't mean that in a "poor me" way, I just have objectively seen the end to my relationships and it really isn't fair to people. I'm not entirely sure what my malfunction is in that regard and honestly it doesn't really matter to slap a label on it at this point.

Reactions: Spike Spiegel and tiger b
F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
Most of the time, I prefer being alone. I find it a strain to be around other people, although sometimes I'm pleasantly surprised that it goes ok. I'm grateful that I rarely get lonely.

I think I've just become really disillusioned with people and relationships of any kind. I'm an all or nothing kind of person and I guess, as we grow up and deal with busy lives, people just aren't willing to give that much anymore. I've never really liked the idea of fair weather friends. It just seems emotionally safer to go without rather than be let down.

Reactions: BrainShower, Lookoutbelow, foreverfalling and 4 others
tiger b

tiger b

AI without the I
Oct 24, 2023
PR,

I don't get a sense of "poor me" from that, rather a deep sense of consideration for yourself and others.

Reactions: BrainShower
RosySunsets

RosySunsets

Oct 24, 2023
Sometimes with others, like after crying my eyes out I just wanna talk to someone about things to move away from the negative emotions. Sometimes those same people make me feel like I'm a nuisance and they don't want me around, even though I know they're not doing it intentionally.

• Hugs
Reactions: dogbreath, gravesfrommiami and WAITING TO DIE
PeterRabbit

PeterRabbit

Feb 19, 2023
PR,

I don't get a sense of "poor me" from that, rather a deep sense of consideration for yourself and others.
I've got different "masks" or modes I put on for people. I've got my fun guy friends and I'm always the joker, always remembering about them and their lives. Hell I was the best man at two of their weddings. They're good guys but there's a huge part of me that stays shut off. When I get home I'm exhausted from it.

I'm good in small doses - professional driver on closed circuit :) If you spend too much time around me I can't keep up the illusion. I'm sure others here can relate. One thing worse than feeling low is having someone else you care about knowing about it and not having anything they can say or do. I'm ironically the one people come to for advice and console, but I deliver said advice from what feels like the ruins of a burnt building.
Sometimes with others, like after crying my eyes out I just wanna talk to someone about things to move away from the negative emotions. Sometimes those same people make me feel like I'm a nuisance and they don't want me around, even though I know they're not doing it intentionally.
I understand that - I think that's what leads to so many people masking. Nobody wants to be the downer.

Reactions: BrainShower and tiger b
W

Whistea

Jul 29, 2022
I've been alone all my life and it's miserable. I am somewhat used to it, but lately it feels like it doesn't help too much. I believe having a person you truly connect with can make life way more bearable. It would be nice to have a person like that, but I don't think I'll see the day.

• Hugs
Reactions: Lookoutbelow, Lifeis_Jouissance70, dogbreath and 3 others
dogbreath

dogbreath

Youre not even in the hole, are you?
Feb 13, 2023
I like being alone but going out in public walking around campus and seeing friend groups makes me feel like im missing out and that there's something wrong with me. i kinda just want people to like me without having to put any effort into maintaining the relationship lololol. I guess just seeing other people socialize reminds me of how different and weird I am. Love staying in my room doing my own thing wish I didn't have to go out.

Reactions: Spike Spiegel, WAITING TO DIE and Lifeis_Jouissance70
movinout17

movinout17

Student
Feb 2, 2023
I feel happier with others, but I feel more anxious with others. More stress. It's a dilemma that I've dealt with my whole life. When I was young, I assumed that I was antisocial and I didn't like people, but really I just always had social anxiety even though I always longed for connection. I wish I was more in touch with my emotions

Reactions: Lookoutbelow, WAITING TO DIE and Lifeis_Jouissance70
Lifeis_Jouissance70

Lifeis_Jouissance70

Come, sweet death
Oct 25, 2023
Im always alone its been years, many years since I had someone I can call a "true best friend"
Im not completely sad being alone, its a comfort at times. But sometimes wish I had friends. It wont matter anyway cause they'll end up living a wonderful new life and we never see eachother again.
As to why, I dont want to be completely alone, I want some friends because it would be nice to have someone to talk to every now and then, but I actually have no one at the moment.

Last edited:
Reactions: WAITING TO DIE
L

letmejoindeath

Kill me
Oct 15, 2023
Just want to be close to someone who shows affection for me.

Just want someone to scratch my back.

Just want someone to touch me in any meaningful way

Just want to feel love in any capacity from someone.

Like people have said it but no one ever really makes me feel it if that makes sense. It's just something they say.

Just want to feel like I'm something to someone besides an after thought or being the last thing they consider.

Most of all I just want to stop breathing completely because I'll never find it in this godless shit hole.

Reactions: Lookoutbelow
SpencerSees

SpencerSees

I used to be blind, but now i see
Feb 22, 2023
Interesting question, got me thinking a lot.

Overall I need people to function, but whenever I actually do have them they come off as fake and honestly a little self-absorbed. Don't blame them, but then don't yell at me if you don't know jackshit about me lol

girltwink

girltwink

Aug 23, 2023
Lately I've been distancing myself on purpose. I left my friend group discord, stopped talking to friends, I feel like its just easier to be alone.

princexhhn

princexhhn

call me prince
Sep 26, 2023
being with others can sometimes distract me from my own horrid thoughts^-^ if i keep myself busy always and everyday then i dont have to think about any bullshit! i dont know if i am happy, though. i dont really know what being happy truly means. i can laugh with my friends and such but its pretty temporary. and i only have like 2 or 3 friends including my older brother. atleast its something, though. when im alone i just take naps walk around my house, pretty mundane. or id browse sasu like right now, scroll on socmeds etc etc. i think its mostly cause being alone can be boring for me LOL... even when i already spend so much time alone anyway. i definitely feel better when ive got someone to talk to though, keep me busy and all.

Last edited:
Blurry_Buildings

Blurry_Buildings

Just Existing
Sep 27, 2023
With other people, but I am always alone.

staplestable

staplestable

Oct 25, 2023
being alone is more comfortable for me, blending in with people ends up leaving me bored. although if I met someone who truthfully cares for me then I may find myself happier when I'm with them.

A

almostovernow

Oct 25, 2023
I feel like I am so different from everyone else inside that I can no longer interact normally with other people. This has been a gradual development over years of increased isolation. I started out a very social extrovert, but 28 years of chronic pain can have a catastrophic effect.

Seered Doom

Seered Doom

A nihilist going through an unrelinquished Hell
Sep 9, 2023
I feel comfortable being on my own. Being friendless irl has its perks for an introvert like me