yeaimhere13

yeaimhere13

why me?
Sep 14, 2023
i made an account here awhile ago completely out of curiosity. i struggled a bit with depression but never meant to use this for it's most common purpose. now im in a much worse state and think about suicide a lot. it scares me knowing that things have gotten so bad that i find myself coming on here more than i thought i would. i guess i also feel guilty in a way. like wow you really want to look at the depressing stuff people post on here? i should be working towards being happier, not making myself feel worse. depression is terrifying and i just wish i wasn't compelled to come on here.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: MiMif, Regen, the_path_of_sorrows and 14 others
Leavesfromthevine

Leavesfromthevine

Untreated Trauma
Nov 23, 2023
Not at all. Everyone feels things differently based on so many factors. Some people are perfectly fine being alone and others could be their main reason for being on here. I'll also recommend the recovery section if you decide that you still want to try and recover/live as it's okay not wanting suicide.

This place isn't for everyone and it takes yourself to figure out if this is a place for you to visit.

As for me it's kinda a comfort site as a lot of people here feel similarly to how I do. I've never been social on the internet except on here because there's hardly any hatred, even disagreements are usually still positive or neutral at worse from my experience. It has also made me aware of the risk that suicide has. My plan before here was to just drive off of a mountain but I found out there's safer and more painless ways to ctb.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: doormat25, Praestat_Mori, mywayout and 7 others
MeltingBrain

MeltingBrain

Mage
May 29, 2023
Don't use this site if its worsening your mental health.

• Informative
  • Hugs
Reactions: MiMif, ohyouknow, twatingthroughlife and 18 others
Myforevercharlie

Myforevercharlie

Global Mod
Feb 13, 2020
i made an account here awhile ago completely out of curiosity. i struggled a bit with depression but never meant to use this for it's most common purpose. now im in a much worse state and think about suicide a lot. it scares me knowing that things have gotten so bad that i find myself coming on here more than i thought i would. i guess i also feel guilty in a way. like wow you really want to look at the depressing stuff people post on here? i should be working towards being happier, not making myself feel worse. depression is terrifying and i just wish i wasn't compelled to come on here.
In your application you said you're in a very bad time right now.
Coming here out of curiosity is not what this place is for.
You joined under false pretences, which is enough to ban you.

If you " struggle a bit with depression" you should have gone to a professional first maybe.

Reactions: just_a_guy, Kit1, betternever2havbeen and 7 others
yeaimhere13

yeaimhere13

why me?
Sep 14, 2023

If you " struggle a bit with depression" you should have gone to a professional first maybe.
damn dude. ive gone to professionals for many years and have been diagnosed. yes i came here out of curiosity but instead ive found people that i can relate to and understand what its like to be in a bad place. you actually know nothing about me or what i go through. and i do think a lot of people are on here passively.

• Love
Reactions: laylaN, Voyes, ohyouknow and 5 others
MatrixPrisoner

MatrixPrisoner

Enlightened
Jul 8, 2023
Never. The people around me should feel guilty that I'm using this site.

Reactions: Kit1, hi-okbye, EyeBeyond and 1 other person
lostinmythoughts

lostinmythoughts

Student
Nov 30, 2023
To feel guilty about coming here it means you have underlying mental issue.. I suggest you log out as you lied in your application. People have to be truthful we're not here for people out of curiosity coming in to read our stories! We're human and we respect each other and most importantly we support each other. It's like a support group for grieving and depression. We wish you the best

Reactions: Kit1
Myforevercharlie

Myforevercharlie

Global Mod
Feb 13, 2020
damn dude. ive gone to professionals for many years and have been diagnosed. yes i came here out of curiosity but instead ive found people that i can relate to and understand what its like to be in a bad place. you actually know nothing about me or what i go through. and i do think a lot of people are on here passively.
Then why are you saying here you only joined of curiosity? There's a big difference between being curious and being diagnosed.

That's why we ask to explain in detail.

But seriously, if this site makes you feel worse you should consider if this is the right place for you.

Btw dude, I'm not a dude.

Last edited:
Reactions: lostinmythoughts, ImsooDone1N, Kit1 and 2 others
pochii

pochii

May 27, 2023
I feel guilty being on here and having the tab open all the time :c I know people around me would be sad if I left but idk. People always call it selfish to kill yourself and I dont ever wanna be selfish so its hard to come on here and talk or vent. Most times I will just come on here and look around and think to myself. Sometimes though, it feels really nice being here.

Reactions: doormat25, mywayout, Kit1 and 2 others
yeaimhere13

yeaimhere13

why me?
Sep 14, 2023
Then why are you saying here you only joined of curiosity?

Btw dude, I'm not a dude.
i joined out of curiosity because i felt sad and heard about this place on reddit. i didnt expect to find what i found when i never had been on the site. i made an account so i could interact more. u dont need to be severely depressed to join. any struggle is a struggle.

Reactions: untildeathdousapart, Kit1 and Nx7
flightless bird

flightless bird

somewhere over the rainbow
Aug 18, 2022
i feel guilty when i don't use this site, people on here are smart, authentic and true. the rest of the world is fake and sickening.

• Hugs
Reactions: WeedandCigars, Kit1, Fall_Apart and 4 others
Myforevercharlie

Myforevercharlie

Global Mod
Feb 13, 2020
i joined out of curiosity because i felt sad and heard about this place on reddit. i didnt expect to find what i found when i never had been on the site. i made an account so i could interact more. u dont need to be severely depressed to join. any struggle is a struggle.
True.

But it's quite obvious what this site is about.
And if being here makes you feel worse it's not a good place to be.

Reactions: ImsooDone1N, Kit1 and betternever2havbeen
Sleeper System

Sleeper System

Z z Z z Z z Z z Z z Z
May 5, 2022
I don't feel guilty for using this site. I like having a place to go to for when my feelings become too much to contain alone.
Many of us don't feel comfortable putting this heavy burden of suicidal ideation on people we know.
I have to assume that the folks that come on here are prepared to carry that burdon on top of their own.
You can be both curious about this site and also struggling with some depression. The two can both be true at the same time.

Reactions: doormat25, Kit1, Nx7 and 2 others
yeaimhere13

yeaimhere13

why me?
Sep 14, 2023
True.

But it's quite obvious what this site is about.
And if being here makes you feel worse it's not a good place to be.
if it was solely about CTB there would never be a recovery section. some people just want guidance and support during a difficult time.

Reactions: just_a_guy, bebebeep, Kit1 and 2 others
A

Anon1337

Mage
Oct 1, 2018
You can self ban your account or you can contact a mod who will ban you immediately upon request. There is also an option to hide certain sections of the forum. Personally, I find a great deal of comfort from being on this site.

Reactions: Praestat_Mori, ImsooDone1N, Kit1 and 4 others
F

F@#$

Freedom seeker
Nov 8, 2023
You joined under false pretences, which is enough to ban you.

That's a dick thing to say to someone. Curiosity is ok, someone looking for support or just a place to vent. isn't that what this place is for?

• Love
Reactions: laylaN, Abyssal, ohyouknow and 5 others
yeaimhere13

yeaimhere13

why me?
Sep 14, 2023
You can self ban your account or you can contact a mod who will ban you immediately upon request. There is also an option to hide certain sections of the forum. Personally, I find a great deal of comfort from being on this site.
im sorry but i thought this website was a place meant for people to ask questions, express how they feel, and look for support. it seems as if my post has offended people when that was not my intention. just answer the question i posed if you'd like. i didnt ask for that information.
I don't feel guilty for using this site. I like having a place to go to for when my feelings become too much to contain alone.
Many of us don't feel comfortable putting this heavy burden of suicidal ideation on people we know.
I have to assume that the folks that come on here are prepared to carry that burdon on top of their own.
You can be both curious about this site and also struggling with some depression. The two can both be true at the same time.
thank you! it definitely can be hard opening up about suicide ideation and such dark topics- or accepting those thoughts ourselves. its scary and i think about the urge a lot. definitely an overwhelming amount of time. i appreciate the support :)

Last edited:
Reactions: Kit1, Nx7 and BrainShower
Myforevercharlie

Myforevercharlie

Global Mod
Feb 13, 2020
That's a dick thing to say to someone. Curiosity is ok, someone looking for support or just a place to vent. isn't that what this place is for?
Yes.

But if this place makes you feel worse then you did before joining, is it really a good place to be?

Reactions: Kit1 and BrainShower
A

Anon1337

Mage
Oct 1, 2018
im sorry but i thought this website was a place meant for people to ask questions, express how they feel, and look for support. it seems as if my post has offended people when that was not my intention. just answer the question i posed if you'd like. i didnt ask for that information.
I don't feel guilty. Just letting you know as you mentioned making yourself feel worse and being compelled to come here.

F

F@#$

Freedom seeker
Nov 8, 2023
I guess that's an

Well said.

Reactions: Kit1 and Sleeper System
Myforevercharlie

Myforevercharlie

Global Mod
Feb 13, 2020
@yeaimhere13 I'm sorry. But so many especially young people joined out of curiosity after " the video"
You said you where diagnosed after my first answer.
I really think (again) that if you feel worse about being here, there's an option to only read the recovery, or skip topics you feel aren't good for you.

It wasn't my intention to make you feel unwelcome.

• Love
Reactions: just_a_guy, Kit1, betternever2havbeen and 2 others
yeaimhere13

yeaimhere13

why me?
Sep 14, 2023
@yeaimhere13 I'm sorry. But so many especially young people joined out of curiosity after " the video"
You said you where diagnosed after my first answer.
I really think (again) that if you feel worse about being here, there's an option to only read the recovery, or skip topics you feel aren't good for you.

It wasn't my intention to make you feel unwelcome.
its fine. i was actually here before the video, a god-awful one btw. my entire life people around me have put down my feelings because they didnt get it, didnt care, or thought i was being overdramatic. i know most of the people on here are not trying to be mean or cruel, im just a bit sensitive.

• Hugs
Reactions: Kit1, betternever2havbeen, Sleeper System and 1 other person
NeedAnEscape

NeedAnEscape

awaiting the end
Oct 16, 2023
The only times I feel guilt about being on this forum is in regards to my loved ones. I know they would never want me to venture to this forum, let alone have an account and actively post. But, I have found this place as a source of relief from the irl world. There's only so much I can say to my loved ones before they strip away my autonomy and force me into hospitalization. This is a place where I can escape and have agency over how I feel. The people here are so honest and genuine about how they feel; it makes me feel less alone in my own struggles. In a way, this forum is like a diary of sorts for us. We can write about our experiences in a safe place. The only difference is that, between this place and a diary, we can get support in turn. We're all anonymous, which maintains the privacy of this digital diary.

• Hugs
Reactions: bebebeep, Kit1, Fall_Apart and 1 other person
greatgooglymoogly

greatgooglymoogly

Dec 1, 2023
I was thinking about this today. I get it may be a net positive resource for the world but it just feels weird sometimes. Definitely helpful to vent on and hear from like-minded people sometimes. But at least for me it's all an incomplete replacement for actual connection anyways and I still feel empty. Some days I come on here because I'm at the end of my rope and most of the time I'm checking it more often than I ever checked instagram or anything else.

I definitely hate thinking about my loved ones finding out about this.

Reactions: Sukui and Kit1
Myforevercharlie

Myforevercharlie

Global Mod
Feb 13, 2020
its fine. i was actually here before the video, a god-awful one btw. my entire life people around me have put down my feelings because they didnt get it, didnt care, or thought i was being overdramatic. i know most of the people on here are not trying to be mean or cruel, im just a bit sensitive.

;) so am I

penguinl0v3s

penguinl0v3s

Wait for Me đź’™
Nov 1, 2023
Not at all. People on this site are more understanding than the average person. People who have led easy lives don't have the capacity to truly understand people that have been majorly depressed, and are often condescending and unempathetic. That's why all my friends have gone through some shit at some point. I am attracted to a certain crowd of people, who are capable of supporting and understanding me in the way that neurotypicals can't.

It's not even about being like-minded, I am in an incredibly different position than the average person on this forum, it's also about the amount of helpful advice and experiences that people can share.

Reactions: just_a_guy, Kit1, Sleeper System and 1 other person
Sleeper System

Sleeper System

Z z Z z Z z Z z Z z Z
May 5, 2022
The only times I feel guilt about being on this forum is in regards to my loved ones. I know they would never want me to venture to this forum, let alone have an account and actively post. But, I have found this place as a source of relief from the irl world. There's only so much I can say to my loved ones before they strip away my autonomy and force me into hospitalization. This is a place where I can escape and have agency over how I feel. The people here are so honest and genuine about how they feel; it makes me feel less alone in my own struggles. In a way, this forum is like a diary of sorts for us. We can write about our experiences in a safe place. The only difference is that, between this place and a diary, we can get support in turn. We're all anonymous, which maintains the privacy of this digital diary.
I often think about what would happen if a loved one found out im here posting. Would they jump to intervein? Would they even take it seriously? Would they call me a bitch or pussy in an attempt to pressure me into leaving or changing the way I think? You never know how people will react. I think my mom would cry so hard. I think my brother would understand but hate that I put this in his thoughts. I think my friends and co workers would disregard or make light of my feelings. After all... someone is always doing worse than you. You can always find a way to minimize peoples problems. Ugh.
Not at all. People on this site are more understanding than the average person. People who have led easy lives don't have the capacity to truly understand people that have been majorly depressed, and are often condescending and unempathetic. That's why all my friends have gone through some shit at some point. I am attracted to a certain crowd of people, who are capable of supporting and understanding me in the way that neurotypicals can't.

It's not even about being like-minded, I am in an incredibly different position than the average person on this forum, it's also about the amount of helpful advice and experiences that people can share.

Elaborate on your different position? I'm curious. I often feel this way myself but maybe I just think it.

Smelly_ballz

Smelly_ballz

No hope in heaven, No fear of hell
Oct 30, 2023
I only feel guilty because I hide it. I hate hiding things but I can't deal with losing my privacy and the option to die.

• Hugs
Reactions: ohyouknow, Deleted member 82921, EternalShore and 3 others