• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

Do you depend on others socially?

• Yes, I would like to have more social life, it is one of my reasons for CTB

Votes: 12 48.0%
  • Yes, but loneliness does not bother me much

Votes: 4 16.0%
  • No, I like to be alone

Votes: 9 36.0%

• Total voters
Eren

Eren

Si hablas español mándame un MP
Oct 27, 2018
I mean, are you alone and would you like to have more social life or do you like to be alone? Although it seems incredible, there are people who like to be alone, in my case loneliness is one of my reasons for CTB.

Reactions: Weeping Garbage Can, lemmeeleev, Redt2go and 2 others
C

Cookiedough8956

Wowzers
Feb 24, 2019
I don't know anyone can stay sane being lonely and not even have one person.
I have horrible social anxiety so therefore not able to make friends, cause i stay far and distant and they assume im shallow and a bitch.and it kills me bc i really wish i could.
Irs also one if the many reasons i wanna CTB too

Last edited:
Reactions: Journeytoletgo, Weeping Garbage Can, lemmeeleev and 7 others
21Neberg

21Neberg

Enlightened
Dec 17, 2018
Loneliness is something I've talked about often on here - it's just horrible. Social media these days just makes it so much worse when you can see people you know going out and having fun when you're alone. I do think that if I had better social skills and a better social life that maybe I wouldn't be as miserable.

Reactions: Journeytoletgo, Weeping Garbage Can, Sinbad and 10 others
Xaphous

Xaphous

hikikomori
Nov 11, 2018
I don't even have a conversation with anyone in real life. I used to like to be alone, it was a coping mechanism that I could deal with but as the years progressed the suffering just increases 100fold every month to year. I made a huge trap for myself that I saw no way out of 10 years ago and that hole is even deeper now there is no light.

Reactions: Weeping Garbage Can, lululoo, lemmeeleev and 4 others
RottenOdysseus

RottenOdysseus

θᾰ́νᾰτος
Feb 25, 2019
I'm a weird mixture of I like to be alone and I rely socially on others but am not lonely. I like socializing like once every month or 2 but would prefer to just keep it at that.

Reactions: Weeping Garbage Can, Redt2go and Eren
J

JustAboutDone

Illuminated
Jan 1, 2019
Thought provoking question @Eren
I know I've said this before but I do feel blessed that irl I have nice friends who live nearby and pop in all the time and we go out together - though the thing with depression is wanting to hide away and isolate yourself and it's a weird counter-productive thing as I think that's when you need people more.

When I feel particularly sad and ignore the doorbell and want to hide away and not talk to anyone that's when I get more unwell and each day that goes by gets harder and harder to see people as then they start asking questions.

It's a vicious circle

Reactions: Weeping Garbage Can, lululoo, Redt2go and 2 others
Eren

Eren

Si hablas español mándame un MP
Oct 27, 2018
Thought provoking question @Eren
I know I've said this before but I do feel blessed that irl I have nice friends who live nearby and pop in all the time and we go out together - though the thing with depression is wanting to hide away and isolate yourself and it's a weird counter-productive thing as I think that's when you need people more.

When I feel particularly sad and ignore the doorbell and want to hide away and not talk to anyone that's when I get more unwell and each day that goes by gets harder and harder to see people as then they start asking questions.

It's a vicious circle

It's true, loneliness is disgusting and more so when you have depression, it makes you even more depressed.

Reactions: Weeping Garbage Can and Redt2go
FTL.Wanderer

FTL.Wanderer

Enlightened
May 31, 2018
I have professional acquaintances only. This seems increasingly common to me. I thought it would be different in other parts of the world. But my travels showed me that alienation is becoming pandemic. We publish articles about it but no one's really doing anything about it. Maybe because it matters more to us to be free to associate with those we like.

Reactions: Weeping Garbage Can, lululoo, Redt2go and 1 other person
K

KiraLittleOwl

Lost in transition
Jan 25, 2019
I would love to have friends but social anxiety, low-self worth, lack of communication ability, flat affect and queerness made it impossible. I had girl friends in childhood and was totally lonely until 27 y.o. when I met my SO.
It's really hard for me to connect with people now because my experience is so different from their and even if someone I like tryes to I always sabotage it because I am afraid of rejection and don't feel good enough.

Reactions: Journeytoletgo, Weeping Garbage Can, lululoo and 2 others
Angst Filled Fuck Up

Angst Filled Fuck Up

Visionary
Sep 9, 2018
I only really have my gf and my dad in my life. I don't have any friends and I only ever speak to a few other family members sporadically. I like to be alone, for the most part, but do need that little bit of interaction just to keep me sane. Just kidding, I'm not sane.

Reactions: Jupiter, Weeping Garbage Can, Eren and 2 others
T

Taylored

I've figured it out
Sep 20, 2018
I depend on family for all my social needs. But I also prefer not having them around.

Reactions: Jupiter, Weeping Garbage Can, Eren and 2 others
SMarie1204

SMarie1204

Feb 25, 2019
I'm more or less completely alone. I live with my mother, but even though we're in the same house we don't speak. Everyone else is dead. My insecurities have ruined a lot of my friendships. I went through a phase where I thought, if I'm going to ctb I don't want it to be a big deal, so I basically disappeared so when the time came, no one would really know or care. It's lonely but I'm getting used to it. I'm friendly to people on the street, have a few acquaintances but the only time it really hurts is when I think of my family. Otherwise, it's just better for everyone.

Reactions: Weeping Garbage Can, Eren, lululoo and 1 other person
O

OkTotti

Wizard
Nov 6, 2018
I'm more or less completely alone. I live with my mother, but even though we're in the same house we don't speak. Everyone else is dead. My insecurities have ruined a lot of my friendships. I went through a phase where I thought, if I'm going to ctb I don't want it to be a big deal, so I basically disappeared so when the time came, no one would really know or care. It's lonely but I'm getting used to it. I'm friendly to people on the street, have a few acquaintances but the only time it really hurts is when I think of my family. Otherwise, it's just better for everyone.
Hi, I'm in NYC also. Please message me when you're able to. I think you can send Private Message if you posted at least 5 times

Reactions: Weeping Garbage Can and SMarie1204
lululoo

lululoo

Mage
Dec 15, 2018
You live with each other but don't speak at all? That sounds horrible. I'm sorry.

Reactions: SMarie1204 and Weeping Garbage Can
Grey-zone

Grey-zone

Student
Feb 2, 2019
You live with each other but don't speak at all? That sounds horrible. I'm sorry.
I've lived with the 'rents my entire life, and can confirm that familiarity breeds contempt. After a certain point, your mother or father starts seeming like a room-mate.

Reactions: Weeping Garbage Can and SMarie1204
SMarie1204

SMarie1204

Feb 25, 2019
My older sister passed away and I'm the fuck up of the family so I really feel that she wishes I was gone. I can see it. There are no good mornings, hey how was your day. Nothing. It hurts but what doesn't at this point? She's my only family, so I take what I can get.

Reactions: Weeping Garbage Can and lululoo
SMarie1204

SMarie1204

Feb 25, 2019
I've lived with the 'rents my entire life, and can confirm that familiarity breeds contempt. After a certain point, your mother or father starts seeming like a room-mate.
Exactly..I had this fantasy that parents love their children unconditionally but it's just not true. Some families are strong but mine has been through so much I think we're all tired. She'd never kill herself but she knows I would and she still either ignores me or just fights/insults me. She knows she's pushing me. I know if I killed myself a part of her would be relieved, so yeah. That's that. She shouldn't have to deal with me anymore, she's lived her life. So I don't mind.

Reactions: Weeping Garbage Can and lululoo
Minudah

Minudah

Stupid
Dec 3, 2018
Why would anyone depend on anyone socially? Grown humans in the simulation, regardless of whether they're experimenters or lab rats, don't experience loneliness. I'm the only adult human in the simulation who's lonely because I'm the worst lab rat. The experimenters created the simulation as a torture experiment, they torture lab rats while lab rats kill each other. Everyone is out to cause as much harm as they can. The only reason they get up every day is the joy they get from spending all their tine trying to harm others. Everyone is evil

Reactions: Weeping Garbage Can
CFLoser

CFLoser

I fcking hate myself
Dec 5, 2018
only my (online) bf.

Otherwise im a lone wolf >:)

Reactions: Weeping Garbage Can and Eren