Do you consider yourself a vulnerable person?

• Yes

Votes: 30 68.2%
  • No

Votes: 14 31.8%

• Total voters
N

noname223

Angelic
Aug 18, 2020
I would consider many people on here as vulnerable people. Though maybe some people might don't like the term.
I think I am a vulerable person. I cannot cope with stress. I am often very anxious, insecure, suicidal etc. I was abused physically, emotionally and mentally for more than a decade.
Though I think I am now as an adult not that easy to traumatize. The death of my grandfather was pretty nightmarish. My whole family blamed me for it. I think it contributed to a manic epsiode. But I have come to terms with it. I think other people could not have survived that. In general I think many people would have killed themselves already if they experienced the same things as me. But I am not sure how to evaluate that in this context.

I think I am not prone to new mental illness. If I get triggered my current ones get worse. I think physically I am weak. But words are my swords. Lol. I think this translation does not work. (ironically) I can defend myself my arguments and sometimes I am witty. I don't really fear death that much. Many of my friends are scared about climate change, terrorism and natural disasters. I am not that scared concerning these issues. I think because I am already very fucked and it would probably only accelerate my suicide. I often wish someone could kill me. Maybe it is a sign of resilience to keep calm even if your life is threatened.

Maybe you can add some insights. And maybe some arguments in favor of against this term.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: Chinchilla and WhatPowerIs
B

Burner1234

Jul 26, 2022
Vulnerable? Hmmmm, not really. I can still stand my ground when needed, and usually pretty good at identifying when people are just trying to use me or be manipulative while cutting those people out. I'm more lethargic, apathetic, anhedonia riddled etc. There are some situations that make me uneasy and overthink though.

Reactions: Skathon, houseofleaves and WhatPowerIs
WhatPowerIs

WhatPowerIs

Paragon
Jun 19, 2022
Not really sure where to cast my vote exactly. I'm not vulnerable with anybody and the truth is I don't like showing any form of vulnerability to anybody, not that I have anybody to share it with anyway, I can't really explain why. Do my actions make myself seem vulnerable? I would say so. I display a lot of the traits you listed like being anxious and insecure and suicidal. I put on a mask in public, I suspect everybody does. I'm just not sure.

• Love
Reactions: H.O.Xan, Disappointered, hellispink and 1 other person
A

akana

Student
Mar 21, 2022
I'd say about two years ago I was in a similar position to @WhatPowerIs and wouldn't consider myself vulnerable at all. I was suicidal at times but it very, very infrequently passed my mind and if it did it wasnt really serious

The position I'm in now is opposite. I consider myself vulnerable. Suicide is all thats on my mind ever I feel sick 24/7. Mostly bc I've lost the things I really respect and value (through abuse etc) and I don't feel in control of my life whatsoever

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: WhatPowerIs
27clubBRIAN

27clubBRIAN

im a mk ultra victim
Jul 27, 2022
Yeah but I have to act in disguise when I'm out because society and being male ig

• Hugs
WhatPowerIs

WhatPowerIs

Paragon
Jun 19, 2022
I'd say about two years ago I was in a similar position to @WhatPowerIs and wouldn't consider myself vulnerable at all. I was suicidal at times but it very, very infrequently passed my mind and if it did it wasnt really serious

The position I'm in now is opposite. I consider myself vulnerable. Suicide is all thats on my mind ever I feel sick 24/7. Mostly bc I've lost the things I really respect and value (through abuse etc) and I don't feel in control of my life whatsoever
I'm so sorry to hear this. Suicide was barely a thought that entered my head a year ago and now it enters my head very frequently. I don't feel in control of my life either. I hope at the very least this forum is able to provide you ways to vent.

Reactions: akana
D

damaged_soul

Experienced
Jul 30, 2022
I would still consider myself a bit vulnerable, but experiencing abuse really hardened me so I'm much less vulnerable than before.

• Hugs
whatevs

whatevs

Mining for copium in the weirdest places.
Jan 15, 2022
It's very easy to offend me and I find terrifying how people that swore love to each other become the most ardent enemies overnight. This is because of how easily I can be emotionally wounded.

• Hugs
Reactions: Élégie, KuriGohan&Kamehameha, Twntysix and 2 others
WhatPowerIs

WhatPowerIs

Paragon
Jun 19, 2022
It's very easy to offend me and I find terrifying how people that swore love to each other become the most ardent enemies overnight. This is because of how easily I can be emotionally wounded.
Isn't that just the weirdest thing? People can turn on your overnight and even if you practice "good communication" you won't be able to get anything out of them, some of them, because that's to assume that everybody is mature. They aren't!

Reactions: Disappointered, Burner1234, Élégie and 2 others
lofticries

lofticries

obedear
Feb 27, 2021
Yes, because I'm sensative af and it's very easy to get under my skin if you know the right buttons to push.

No, because I don't trust anyone enough to become more than acquaintances.

Reactions: Élégie, Twntysix and absurd_to_the_end
Celerity

Celerity

shape without form, shade without colour
Jan 24, 2021
Every time I think I've grown a thick skin, something really petty bothers me. As I have gotten older, I have definitely gotten more resilient though. I am less impressed with people in general and care a whole lot less about their opinions.

Reactions: Burner1234
Disappointered

Disappointered

Enlightened
Sep 21, 2020
I would say yes about myself. And most people I was around a lot in the past knew it. Many took advantage. Sometimes i can be oversensitive or sort of have a chip on my shoulder but I wasn't born that way. I think I might have cptsd.

A

aGoodDayToDie

Arcanist
Jun 30, 2023
Yes, I guess. Anxious, suicidal, depressed, autism. Emotionally I'm quite vulnerable. Quite sensitive to things. Easily stressed. Unable to look after myself. It really fucking sucks

F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
No- I wouldn't say I was vulnerable. No more than the majority of people anyhow. Sure- I'll get upset if someone bullies me but hopefully- I'd realise and do something to stop it now.

I'd say I certainly was vulnerable as a child though and that's where my problems started. I'd say all children are vulnerable because they don't have the understanding of things like narcissism. They don't have any authority to defend themselves either.

But yeah- I personally don't like how the term is used. People often seem to use it- in context of a place like this to suggest that the people here are so 'vulnerable' to outside influence that they are being 'groomed' into killing themselves. They ignore the fact that the person has deliberately sought out a suicide forum and made an account. To me- I think people often use the term to suggest someone isn't in their right mind- or doesn't know their own mind. I think that really discredits and patronizes people. Even if mental illness is present.

That said- I would agree that people here are 'vulnerable' to predators. When people are desperate- they will sometimes take risks. They feel like they want to die anyway- so- I kind of understand the reasoning. But yeah- I'd say people here can become vulnerable to scams and even assault- if they agree to meet someone here in person and that person isn't who they claimed to be.

KuroiSH

KuroiSH

bus tickets are expensive
Mar 29, 2023
Yes. I am an extremely insecure person with terrible self-esteem, I am suicidal, constantly anxious, have severe trust issues, and so many other things. Oddly enough, I don't really get offended when I get insulted, probably because I make myself believe they're telling the truth.