E

endlessagony

Apr 21, 2023
I wasn't when I was younger but 6 years ago I decided to help others people

StolenLife

StolenLife

Warlock
Sep 19, 2022
I was a good person before trauma fucked me up and now I'm distrustful and jealous.

Green Destiny

Green Destiny

Life isn't worth the trouble.
Nov 16, 2019
I don't consider myself a good person. The only thing that I can defend is that I've never hurt anybody physically or mentally.

flypno

flypno

Nov 14, 2021
i try my best to be a good person for my family and for me. I do more for the people i love, than i ever did to anybody else, but anyways end thinking i´m egotistical. everytime the thoughts, i´ll never be or do good enough to be a good, or maybe a better person than i was the day before

Luchs

Luchs

kristallene Bergluft über verfallener Gruft
Aug 20, 2019
I try to be nice and polite, but that doesn't make me a good person. I think I cause more harm than good for people around me and not .uch good could come of me.

A

AsAboveSoBelow

Apr 2, 2023
Barely consider myself a person.

Reactions: Jallu55 and Skathon
unnormal9

unnormal9

SOLDIER T.
Apr 12, 2023
I'm more of the anti-hero. Neither good nor bad.

• Yay!
Reactions: LONE WOLF., Rocinante and Disappointered
sick.faery

sick.faery

Mar 18, 2021
yea and no. i have very high empathy levels and tend to do lots of good stuff for people with nothing in return just cos compassion or wanting to help, but on the flip side i'm very judgmental

Georg

Georg

Experienced
Feb 25, 2023
I think I was a good person when I was younger. But all my dreams bursted and now I don't care about anything that happens in this world

Reactions: HadItAll
I

InterruptedGirl

May 12, 2023
I ask my classmate if I'm toxic. She said that I'm because people know my story and they see themselves in my worst part, the see theyr pain in me. She said I'm not on porpoise.
I was feeling bad about hearing this

(Sorry for my bad english)

Housefly

Housefly

May 7, 2023
I think I am a good person, in that I don't impose or try not to impose myself on other people, I'm a NEET hermit with a low appetite so I'm not taking up much resources. I clean up my space as best I can. I try not to inconvenience people, I will go out of my way to avoid interaction. I think I am good

OceanBlue

OceanBlue

Feminist
Jun 13, 2021
We're all capable of extreme evil/heroism in the right conditions, some more than others - not enough poll answers.

Like if the majority finally agreed to end our species by making everyone infertile and someone refused - I'd force them and might even kill them to prevent them from causing more harm. To me the bad guys are pronatalists, yet I say I respect their consent when I don't support killing individuals - however this choice results in even more harm.

Interestingly, if I chose to kill some people who plan to breed, it would result in less harm overall. Am I good or bad for not doing that?
If a radical pro-mortalist killed my mother before she bred, that would have been a blessing to all her future children and herself, given how much of a disaster her life is.

If someone ever gets access to a reliable red button - push it without a doubt, you'll die a hero.

Reactions: Disappointered
Disappointered

Disappointered

Enlightened
Sep 21, 2020
We're all capable of extreme evil/heroism in the right conditions, some more than others - not enough poll answers.

Like if the majority finally agreed to end our species by making everyone infertile and someone refused - I'd force them and might even kill them to prevent them from causing more harm. To me the bad guys are pronatalists, yet I say I respect their consent when I don't support killing individuals - however this choice results in even more harm.

Interestingly, if I chose to kill some people who plan to breed, it would result in less harm overall. Am I good or bad for not doing that?
If a radical pro-mortalist killed my mother before she bred, that would have been a blessing to all her future children and herself, given how much of a disaster her life is.

If someone ever gets access to a reliable red button - push it without a doubt, you'll die a hero.
Nailed it!

Mothgirl

Mothgirl

There are simply not enough reasons to breathe
May 16, 2023
I don't think "good" is a thing anyone can be. Just by existing, I make life worse for other people, animals, and everything else. But people are generally "bad," so I guess I'm not any worse than any person out there

• Informative
Reactions: Csmith8827, loopdaloop, Elio24 and 1 other person
G

got1992thumbs

May 14, 2023
Depends on what you mean by 'good'. Like I have a good character and am kind and compassionate and that kind of stuff. But I can't drive so I'm also apparently a worthless piece of shit failure who is not really a man. Depends on who you ask. (Don't ask my girlfriend)

F

fields.of.lace

May 15, 2023
Anyone who repeats to themselves tht they're a good person, yk they're fkd up lol. U let other ppl do that for u
Not true! Most people don't notice or care about the concept of a good person unless they do *big* public good things. And some of us have physical issues that prevent big public helping.
And also, repeating to oneself that one is a good person is the best way I know of to remind myself that that's what I value. Sometimes I might want things that would hurt someone else to get; I remind myself that I'm a good person so I know my values when I'm feeling weak and tired. No one notices unless they directly want something from me that they're not sure I'm going to give, so I do my own pep talks.

Reactions: western_heart
M

MemeticNeoplasm

May 13, 2023
If someone thinks I'm a good person, it's usually because they haven't gotten to know me yet. I think my surface level actions read as 'good' to most people. I have a strong work ethic, I'm not hostile to strangers, and I help those in need when I can. I also believe in contributing something to culture so I strive to entertain others by making and sharing art in the hopes that maybe some other miserable fool will find momentary respite from their own life through it. It's the closest thing to love I can muster.

As soon as some sort of emotional link forms, however, I'm intolerable. I'm spiteful and arrogant, I irreversibly sabotage friendships so I don't have to deal with rejection, and I siphon out people's pity until they're dried up and disgusted to have ever tried to befriend me. The more pure and kind people are to me, the more likely I am to eventually hurt them emotionally, sometimes badly. It's a whole pattern of behavior that I'm intimately familiar with, yet unable to escape despite trying again and again. It's less painful for me to deliberately hurt people and alienate them than it is for me to trust them for more than a few months.

Overall, I'd say I'm somewhere in between. I'd say it depends on what part of me is being examined at the time. I'm a good 'cultural participant' and court jester, but by every other metric I'm a pathetic twat.

Reactions: woh6
crimsonpool

crimsonpool

hikikomori
May 15, 2023
definitely not, i am genuinely evil, but wish i was

blank_slab

blank_slab

Crazy crazed person
May 17, 2023
I know i'm not a good person I'm not useful to society yet i'm a greedy person who wants more money so I can live better but i can't do relationships properly and I end up having to end them because it won't work out with me being the way i am I have dreams even though I don't deserve them I shouldn't be allowed to have all these thoughts and hopes because I don't deserve them thats how I know i'm not a good person

• Hugs
Reactions: woh6
woh6

woh6

Student
May 13, 2023
I do things that 'good people' wouldn't do. I always treat others with basic kindness and respect though, and help out when I can, but I couldn't really care less about those people and sometimes have to suppress thoughts/expressions/sayings because they might be deemed as sociopathic. I've never done significant damage to anyone though.

L

loopdaloop

-
Apr 16, 2023
No, objectively I'm an overall bad person. I'd consider myself selfish and self involved at best (maybe it's adaptive behavior because we live in a hyper-individualistic society), I'm kinda one of those air heads that can be oblivious to their own wrong doings. Not actively seeking to harm others, but sometimes I can be a bit reckless. And I might have some toxic tendencies in my interpersonal relationships that make me really annoying. The worst is probably being a parasite to my parents finances even though I'm capable of working, but I just want to be a hermit and enjoy solitude for a bit before CTB. It's selfish, but I don't care enough.

• Hugs
Eisenfuchs

Eisenfuchs

Jul 5, 2023
Oh god hell no. I'm a guy, I've made mistakes; but to the people who I used to call "friends" I might as well be the new Hitler.

TheSpookyNameGuy

TheSpookyNameGuy

There's nothing here..
Apr 30, 2023
I have always been good to people my whole life as my parents instilled it into me and manners, i will say though that in the back i would have violent thoughts about certain people, more a daydream of being above them but not something i would ever seek out, only in the fantasy. Usually my thoughts would involve very gruesome depictions. I would never entertain hurting good innocent people or have thoughts about them however.

I will admit i was one of those people that killed pets as a kid and hurt them, i felt no malicious thoughts, even when i put a boulder over a guys head a long time ago. It was just an action for whatever reason to me. Same with most things in my life, seldom do they any emotion.

I will help people and go out of my way for good people, even though i don't entirely understand the why.

angel31

angel31

sause
Jun 14, 2023
Whats a good person? Someone that has a good effect on the world? Then No.
Someone who wants to do good? Then Yes.

FormerlyFe(IV)

FormerlyFe(IV)

Snapped.
Jun 27, 2023
I'm okay. I'm broken on the inside, no doubt. But I try to be nice and a good friend and humorous to others. I am by no means perfect but I think I'm pretty chill.

sometimes.sometimes

sometimes.sometimes

Student
Jun 4, 2023
No. I have always seen myself as a bad person. Someone one time told me, "We are just people that do good and bad things," but that doesn't apply to me. I am bad. I have gained acceptance of it, and I am currently trying to work on it, but it doesn't take away the things I did in the past. Maybe one day I can redeem myself, but that is up to the people I hurt, my family, to decide.

liljeep

liljeep

wake up i know you can hear me
Jul 1, 2023
I try to be, but I really am not. I'm not cruel. I'm confusing.

Lost Magic

Lost Magic

Illuminated
May 5, 2020
You should have had a radio button that says, I don't know. That's what I feel about myself. How does one know that they are good? Is there a merit system for that or do you need to win the Nobel peace prize lol