N

noname223

Angelic
Aug 18, 2020
I do. And I do it not seldom. Of course on the one hand to protect my privacy. On the other hand in order not to get in trouble. I try to be polite, not to offend too many people and I am really careful not to encourage anyone to ctb.
There are some topics I don't want to talk about in this forum due to different reasons. Some stances I have could get a bad resonance. I try to express this as neutral as it can be because I don't want that anyone could have an idea what I am talking about. (It is neither pro-death nor pro-life.)

Do you censor yourself when writing in this forum?
To add one thing. I can speak way more openly in this forum than in any other place on the internet. It is no criticism about this website.

Last edited:
Reactions: archipelago, Passersby, Callie Arcale and 3 others
Luchs

Luchs

kristallene Bergluft über verfallener Gruft
Aug 20, 2019
Yeah I do. Some of my personal believes probably wouldn't fit too well, so i try to keep them in check, so that discord on the forum is kept to a minimum.

Reactions: fox_wannabe, cyanol, Depressed Cat and 1 other person
Sherri

Sherri

Archangel
Sep 28, 2020
Personally hardly ever do, I do wish some would though, there are sensitive people all over here. I just keep quiet and pretend I don't read somethings sometimes. I always put a lot of thought before I post, so I can post something meaningful. But that's me.

Last edited:
Reactions: cyanlove, Lostandlooking, Silenos and 3 others
Depressed Cat

Depressed Cat

Mage
Jan 4, 2022
I sometimes do. I wish to state certain things on certain topics (not related to suicide), but then I realise this is a global forum with a specific purpose and not all members may hold the same views as I do. So I don't express those views.

• Hugs
Reactions: Skathon, demuic and noname223
Interloper

Interloper

Jul 23, 2021
Definitely have to stop myself from leaving snarky comments on a lot of threads.

• Yay!
Reactions: Skathon and motel rooms
avoid_slow_death

avoid_slow_death

Ready to embrace the peaceful bliss of the void.
Feb 4, 2020
Mostly, no. But there are times when I either keep quiet even though I strongly disagree on a subject or I try and not fly into a profanity and rage filled rant against someone who is simply being hateful just because they are suffering. I get that some people are angry at the world. I felt that way for a long, long time. But to project that pain on others makes them no better and in fact worse than those they are raging against. That said, I am pretty much myself both here and in the real world. Why hold back?

• Hugs
Reactions: demuic
Snake of Eden

Snake of Eden

“Ye shall be as gods..🍎 🐍”
Jun 22, 2021
Mostly, no. But there are times when I either keep quiet even though I strongly disagree on a subject or I try and not fly into a profanity and rage filled rant against someone who is simply being hateful just because they are suffering. I get that some people are angry at the world. I felt that way for a long, long time. But to project that pain on others makes them no better and in fact worse than those they are raging against. That said, I am pretty much myself both here and in the real world. Why hold back?
I find it hard picturing you angry and yelling profanities..

• Yay!
Reactions: avoid_slow_death
avoid_slow_death

avoid_slow_death

Ready to embrace the peaceful bliss of the void.
Feb 4, 2020
  • Hugs
Reactions: demuic
Sherri

Sherri

Archangel
Sep 28, 2020
Yeah it makes me sad when people try to shame me. We cant please everyone. I do try to. I will try to stay away from some threads Starting today.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: demuic, Interloper and avoid_slow_death
cambrai33

cambrai33

Traveller
Nov 3, 2021
I am mindful of giving away any identifiable information, that said, here is one of only 2 places I can be honest about what's running through my head

• Love
Reactions: Callie Arcale and avoid_slow_death
GenesAndEnvironment

GenesAndEnvironment

Autistic loser
Jan 26, 2021
Wish I did. I can sometimes stop myself from writing really cringey/stupid stuff, but not often.

• Hugs
  • Yay!
Reactions: noname223, Ringo and WrongPlaceWrongTime
UpandDownPrincess

UpandDownPrincess

Elementalist
Dec 31, 2019
Hell yeah.

In fact, I worry that some people will think I'm a fixer since I try so hard to be careful what I say.

I also try to steer people away from my previous method, so I'm sure some people think I'm not helpful at all.

But I hope, in some small way, that I'm helping someone here.

• Hugs
Reactions: Callie Arcale and avoid_slow_death
Ringo

Ringo

Rabbits on the Moon
Dec 3, 2020
Outside private matters, I rarely do it, no matter what nonsense I write, I only try to hold back when I think I say something that may hurt someone, many times I say things without thinking and that can cause misunderstandings, we are all in this forum for a reason and I do not want to cause discord or discomfort when others try to be respectful.

deflationary

deflationary

Fussy exister. Living in the epilogue
Mar 11, 2020
Too much. You people are missing out on a lot of stupid bullshit from me.

Reactions: Fragile, whatevs and Skathon
Arrow

Arrow

Rewrite
May 1, 2020
To be honest I don't feel like I censor myself at all. I'm saying pretty much all that I feel like saying.

N

noname223

Angelic
Aug 18, 2020
Today I have read a very very interesting news article. It has something to do with mental health. And it acknowledges the pain many have expressed in this forum. But this article could damage the health of other people or prevent them of trying recovery. Not sure how I could post it without causing that damage. It is in German. I also had to translate it. Oh and it is behind a paywall to.
Maybe I will leave some remarks in the future about it but put it into the necessary context. I don't want to stop anyone to try recovery.

Last edited:
cyanlove

cyanlove

looking for my other half (of my skull)
Dec 23, 2021
I don't think I do. I will protect my privacy more or less but otherwise I say what I'm thinking. I don't post politics or anything. I try to keep my posts shorter to not antagonize anyone.

I posted once when I was very vulnerable about the possibility of being pregnant. I was very scared and shared that I would not CBT if I turned out to be pregnant. I got a nasty reply from someone saying I was a terrible person for bringing someone into the world that I didn't want to live in.

So I've been more reserved since.

• Hugs
Reactions: lostundead, avoid_slow_death and noname223
whatevs

whatevs

Mining for copium in the weirdest places.
Jan 15, 2022
Yes, but most of the time is for the best, because sometimes I write without a second thought and it leads to arguments or moderation messages. So it's good to be thoughtful and leave some stuff unsaid.

Reactions: lostundead
Nanako

Nanako

Experienced
Dec 24, 2018
I suppose I do, but I'm also upfront about things that have/had a proufoundly bad impact on me, at least on here. So it's not a habit that has negatively affected me (for now).

Fragile

Fragile

Broken
Jul 7, 2019
Even with all the bullshit I tend to spew, I do censor myself quite a bit.

Frog

Frog

Jan 4, 2022
Yeah. I've never been a confrontational person and don't want to get involved in a flamewar. If I were uncensored I'd go around rapping knuckles like a nun and telling people to mind their manners. I don't like doomer posts, incel posts, or grand political agenda stuff, but I'm not going to upset anybody by barging in and telling them not to vent.

lostundead

lostundead

Student
Mar 18, 2021
Yeah, I occasionaly delete posts of mine that are too honest, offend people and have potential to spark an annoying debate I don't wish to engage in. For example I just deleted a post in the 'suicide memes' thread, stating that most of the memes in there are trash (which is true).

Reactions: whatevs
whatevs

whatevs

Jan 15, 2022
Yeah, I occasionaly delete posts of mine that are too honest, offend people and have potential to spark an annoying debate I don't wish to engage in. For example I just deleted a post in the 'suicide memes' thread, stating that most of the memes in there are trash (which is true).
Haha, but you might defeat the purpose of that self-censoring instance if you say HERE what you wanted to say there.

lostundead

lostundead

Student
Mar 18, 2021
Haha, but you might defeat the purpose of that self-censoring instance if you say HERE what you wanted to say there.
Posting it in the 'suicide memes' thread would be like poking at a hornet's nest, whereas on this thread only few will see it and I can easily deal with those. Never engage in battle you can't win. :sunglasses:

• Yay!
Reactions: whatevs
whatevs

whatevs

Jan 15, 2022
Posting it in the 'suicide memes' thread would be like poking at a hornet's nest, whereas on this thread only few will see it and I can easily deal with those. Never engage in battle you can't win. :sunglasses:
Guerrilla warfare :pfff:

Reactions: lostundead
Angst Filled Fuck Up

Angst Filled Fuck Up

Visionary
Sep 9, 2018
I do it a lot, yes. I don't talk about anything illegal, nor do I talk about methods, times, dates, plans, etc.

I also try to keep to myself when I see things I don't like or agree with. I'm not about to give anyone grief on here. The only exception is if people are trying to get at me for something. I don't mind making a dipshit troll look bad once in a while.

Reactions: noname223 and Looooser
L

Looooser

My 2 cents
Feb 3, 2022
No not really but I worry about the grammer police sometimes. Lol.

• Yay!
Reactions: Passersby