Ambivalent1

Ambivalent1

🎵 Be all, end all 🎵
Apr 17, 2023
I know I need one but I don't know how given how it makes me feel.

Reactions: sserafim
Unsolved

Unsolved

~You drew stars around my scars~
Aug 13, 2023
Honestly, I can relate. I don't like routines, they may help people organise their lives and give them stability but to me they feel like another task I have to do.

Reactions: sserafim, anhedonicNfoggy and Ambivalent1
Ambivalent1

Ambivalent1

🎵 Be all, end all 🎵
Apr 17, 2023
Honestly, I can relate. I don't like routines, they may help people organise their lives and give them stability but to me they feel like another task I have to do.
So how do you function without one?

Unsolved

Unsolved

~You drew stars around my scars~
Aug 13, 2023
So how do you function without one?
I just do what comes to my mind if it's possible. I have a few hobbies and interests, but I don't want to do every single one of them every day

Reactions: sserafim
CrazyDiamond04

CrazyDiamond04

Metal Fan- Wants to hang Under The Oak
May 8, 2023
Not really. I like routines, makes life simple. Spontaneity makes things stressful and uncertain.

Reactions: anhedonicNfoggy and Ambivalent1
CrazyDiamond04

CrazyDiamond04

Metal Fan- Wants to hang Under The Oak
May 8, 2023
What's your routine?
Currently it's going to college, cleaning, and then watching TV or browsing the internet. It's a shitty routine but it is what it is.

Reactions: anhedonicNfoggy
P

Praestat_Mori

Mori praestat, quam haec pati!
May 21, 2023
@Ambivalent1 you make a lot of posts / threads on an almost regular daily basis here. Isn't that a kind of daily routine already?

Well my days are almost the same every day, waking up, breakfast, SaSu, lunch / dinner, when I'm sleepy I go to bed .... and repeat the next day.

Last edited:
Ambivalent1

Ambivalent1

🎵 Be all, end all 🎵
Apr 17, 2023
@Ambivalent1 you make a lot of posts / threads on an almost regular daily basis here. Isn't that a kind of daily routine already?

Well my days are almost the same every day, waking up, breakfast, SaSu, lunch / dinner, when I'm sleepy I go to bed .... and repeat the next day.
I don't post at the same hour though each day. I post when something comes to mind.

theslasher

theslasher

psychonaut
Jun 12, 2023
I used to think routines were suffocating or restricting and would make life boring, but if we have no routine or goal, then we fall victim to whatever source of addiction is the easiest to access. If we follow a routine, it isn't a restriction, it actually saves you from the addictions that used to imprison you.

Whether you use the specific word "addiction" or not may just be an argument of semantics, but either way routines offer a glimpse of much needed order in our lives that are filled with chaos.

Reactions: sserafim, anhedonicNfoggy and Ambivalent1
sserafim

sserafim

brighter than the sun, that’s just me
Sep 13, 2023
Yeah I hate routines because they're boring and constricting. Therefore I don't have one. I want every day to be something new. Routines basically are like obligations, forcing you to do the same things day after day. In fact the mundaneness of everyday life is making me want to ctb. I hate the fact that I just have to do the same stupid stuff (go through the motions of life) every single day, and I don't even have a routine! I hate repetition and think that there's no meaning to it. I also hate how routines are usually set, and you don't change them. I feel like having a routine would limit my freedom. I like a certain degree of spontaneity.

Lol on another note, maybe I was wrongly diagnosed with ASD…most love routines but I do not: maybe it's my ADHD talking tho
Yeah, they feel like a chore and obligation. They feel constrictive

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Ambivalent1 and anhedonicNfoggy
Ambivalent1

Ambivalent1

🎵 Be all, end all 🎵
Apr 17, 2023
Yeah I hate routines because they're boring and constricting. Therefore I don't have one. I want every day to be something new. Routines basically are like obligations, forcing you to do the same things day after day. In fact the mundaneness of everyday life is making me want to ctb. I hate the fact that I just have to do the same stupid stuff (go through the motions of life) every single day, and I don't even have a routine! I hate repetition and think that there's no meaning to it. I also hate how routines are usually set, and you don't change them. I feel like having a routine would limit my freedom. I like a certain degree of spontaneity.

Lol on another note, maybe I was wrongly diagnosed with ASD…most love routines but I do not: maybe it's my ADHD talking tho

Yeah, they feel like a chore and obligation. They feel constrictive
Amen!! Yeah my reason for wanting to ctb is shifting from big problems to just outright hating routines and the monotony of life.

Reactions: anhedonicNfoggy and sserafim
FormerlyFe(IV)

FormerlyFe(IV)

Snapped.
Jun 27, 2023
I WANT to stick to some semblance of a routine but I always eventually end up not doing them 😖

Reactions: Ambivalent1
Ambivalent1

Ambivalent1

🎵 Be all, end all 🎵
Apr 17, 2023
I WANT to stick to some semblance of a routine but I always eventually end up not doing them 😖
Routines are drudgery like cooking, grocery shopping, etc. This life is one big chore!!

Reactions: sserafim and anhedonicNfoggy