mayhem

mayhem

dysphoria. delusion. despair.
Feb 23, 2023
do you guys also regret having conversations and socializing?

like after weeks of not leaving my dorm room and not talking to anyone (i also live alone), today i went to one of my close friends' house to help her with something. as soon as i entered her house i wanted to just cease to exist. just straight up disappear. i like her, she's like one of the few people i like and i used to love having deep conversations with her. but this time i felt super ashamed of myself, i hated every little thing i did and said. i just wanted to fucking dig a hole and bury myself in it. on the way back i was just replaying everything i did/said in my head and cringing. and nothing absurd had happened it was just casual conversation.

this happens to me every time i interact with people and i just fucking hate it. i really want to die every time so i stay away from everyone around me to prevent this. but that leads to other problems so it's just a terrible cycle.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: Outandproud, BBBB, girlsboysthems and 6 others
jodes2

jodes2

Hello people ❤️
Aug 28, 2022
Yeah I have social anxiety and every conversation is a cringefest

• Love
Reactions: Outandproud, girlsboysthems, kitty_kat and 3 others
247sadgirlhours

247sadgirlhours

hopeless
Feb 16, 2023
yep, 100% experienced this too. i overanalyze every single interaction and always wonder if i said or did the right thing. it can be as simple as ordering in the drive thru. i know, externally, i am incredibly normal but on the inside i am constantly anxious.

sometimes i can be talking to a friend/acquaintance and i'll say something and immediately i can tell it didn't land. it's like watching my "friendship meter" go down, like a fucking video game lmao

• Love
Reactions: Outandproud, kitty_kat, Forever Sleep and 2 others
mayhem

mayhem

dysphoria. delusion. despair.
Feb 23, 2023
it can be as simple as ordering in the drive thru. i know, externally, i am incredibly normal but on the inside i am constantly anxious.
aaaaa thissss. like i know people don't even remember or care but i just can't stop myself from overthinking every little thing and it bothers me so much lately.

love your username by the way, and me too lol

VioletNight

VioletNight

Student
Jan 24, 2023
Definitely, I still have flashbacks to conversations where I feel like I said stupid or embarrassing things years later. Or I'll feel as if I've burdened another person if I mention my struggles. It's hard to accept that most people don't even notice the things we're overanalyzing or remember the cringy one off remarks.

• Love
Reactions: kitty_kat and mayhem
WorthlessTrash

WorthlessTrash

Worthless
Apr 19, 2022
I feel guilty after getting my friend's hopes up about hanging out or getting back into our mutual hobby, because I just don't feel motivated to do so and I regret my decision.

• Hugs
Reactions: VioletNight
VioletNight

VioletNight

Student
Jan 24, 2023
I feel guilty after getting my friend's hopes up about hanging out or getting back into our mutual hobby, because I just don't feel motivated to do so and I regret my decision.
Same, I've told countless friends that we should hangout sometime only to have no energy to ever do it. I feel bad every time

• Hugs
Reactions: WorthlessTrash
catastrophix

catastrophix

and my nightmares will have nightmares every night
Feb 20, 2023
Not gonna lie, I'm pretty much friendless IRL, so this past year I attempted to make friends online. I got a lot of messages from potential friends, but my social phobia is so bad that every person I tried to talk to just ended in me feeling so miserable about myself. They say it's important to have connections (AKA, a support system) but trying to make connections only made me feel worse. I feel for you, and I hope things get easier for you.

• Love
Reactions: mayhem