Self-esteem

• Total voters
inviável

inviável

I
May 27, 2023
I've always been someone who has zero self-esteem, I struggle with life in general because I always think I'm the worst on everything in a very extreme way, I know I have to stop being like this but I can't help myself

• Hugs
Reactions: crystalblade21, _Minsk, winamp and 1 other person
Gaga786

Gaga786

The Odds Are Never In My favour
May 3, 2020
Absolutely same. I feel like whatever I do, I'll mess things up. Self loathing and self doubt is a huge obstacle In my life. I feel like a complete failure

• Hugs
Reactions: inviável and winamp
アホペンギン

アホペンギン

Jul 10, 2023
I have absolutely no self esteem as well. All of the people close to me never appreciated any efforts that I made during my childhood so I learned not to appreciate anything either. In addition, they'd always call me out if I made a mistake while doing something and never acknowledged anything positive that I ever did too. So, now I don't even want to do anything anymore, can't fix myself either. I don't like anything about myself, I despise myself.

• Hugs
Reactions: inviável
_Minsk

_Minsk

death: the cure for life
Dec 9, 2019
Same

Reactions: inviável
CW36

CW36

➕〰️➰
Jul 23, 2023
I think most people feed off circumstance. If you're on a role, then your self esteem rocks on with it if that makes sense? Age helps even more.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: crystalblade21 and inviável
SolomonKado

SolomonKado

This is taking too long…
Jul 4, 2023
My self esteem has been trash since I was six years old and got worse. My best friend, My dad, came into my room at night asking me if I wanted to stay with mom or go with him. I didn't understand what was going on and said to wait till morning so I could sleep. Next day I woke up and found he left the family.

I wasn't good enough for him to wait and then about a week later he was in a horrible accident and died. "If only he would have waited or if I would have went with him maybe he'd still be alive." Like it was all my fault. I know it's not, but going through life cementing that pain until I could see a therapist is hard to let go of.

My mother didn't help make it better. With her own mental problems she would be at work, hiding in her two person bathroom, or plopped on her favorite chair watching TV.