WonderingSoul

WonderingSoul

Gamer
Dec 15, 2021
Every once in a while, when I'm minding my own business on Twitter, I always come across some gore video on my timeline/feed and they usually have so many likes and views. The comment section is usually just making fun of people in the video who got injured or even killed. I just came across a video of some kid (yes a child) getting his smashed by a large garbage truck on the street. People in the comments thought it was hilarious, even though he is now dead. I don't understand how people find it amusing to laugh at this stuff. I know there are some people in the videos who act like idiots and get themselves caught in this situation, but Idk, I honestly still kind of feel bad for them. A lot of them don't even have context; it could be just a video of a random person being killed. Like, this isn't some movie. I hate seeing these but they are shared often on twitter.

• Wow
  • Aww..
Reactions: Lullaby, Lily (Osako), Regen and 4 others
Lebensunwertes

Lebensunwertes

Du bist auf dich allein gestellt
May 26, 2022
People like to be controversial online, because it provides them anonymity and they aren't held accountable for things they say. It's been like this forever, more so before the rise of iPhone and more generalized access to the Internet. It also stems from some sort of voyeurism where individuals get satisfaction from watching violence against other people. Documenting Reality is the perfect example where userbase is almost perverse in their love towards gore. Personally I'm indifferent about violent videos on the Internet, because I don't know these people and can't really relate to them. Sometimes it's a good eye opener that lets you gaze how things really look outside of Western civilization.

• Informative
Reactions: WonderingSoul and whatevs
katara

katara

tired all the time
Mar 17, 2022
Ya theres so much shit on Twitter that makes me realize I'm right about humanity. I've seen so many fucked up things, a few times the tweet would have thousands of likes too. And it's creepy seeing all that dumbass incel lingo about how women "hit the wall" at 25, and that anime characters that look like 5 year old girls are "hotter then real women". It's fucking gross, meanwhile i got suspended for mocking these kinds of people. Why don't those weirdos attacking this website go after twitter instead? it'd be more logical sense Twitter has worse content on it. 🤷‍♀️ just my opinion

Reactions: Lullaby, Regen and 𖣴 nadia 𖣴
whatevs

whatevs

Mining for copium in the weirdest places.
Jan 15, 2022
At least you haven't peeked into animal or child abuse forums/chatrooms. I assure you there's always something worse online. In a way we should be grateful that we get to see this now and then, since it grants you some protection against psychos, by making you aware that not everyone that looks civilized in your everyday life is what he purports to be.

• Wow
Reactions: Muerte negra, BruhXDDDDD, WonderingSoul and 2 others
Sibyl Vane

Sibyl Vane

Experienced
May 28, 2022
Humanity is sick, and the world submerged in perversion and cruelty since its foundations, so the lack of empathy and eagerness to celebrate someone else's death doesn't surprise me at all.

Reactions: WonderingSoul, whatevs and Élégie
lofticries

lofticries

obedear
Feb 27, 2021
They are just trying to see who can be the most edginess on the internet. Thinking they're getting cool points by exhibiting sociopathic thinking. But irl if that shit were to happen to someone that they know they'd be crying their eyes out.

I'm amazed how twitter can be both the home of cancel culture but also one of the homes of edge lords at the same time.

Glad I deleted my twitter account today.

Reactions: Sick of it all, 𖣴 nadia 𖣴, WonderingSoul and 2 others
deleted

deleted

Wizard
Jul 31, 2020
I follow some gore pages on Twitter I have no problem with that, the perverse comments are just people being themselves without the mask they wear in everyday life

• Informative
  • Wow
Reactions: Un-, whatevs and WonderingSoul
T

TrynaChingMyself

Aug 29, 2021
It's worse when people say "I'm just desensitized to this stuff". As though it's some sort of excuse for making jokes about some of the worst shit you could imagine.

Reactions: 𖣴 nadia 𖣴, WonderingSoul, Élégie and 1 other person
H

Hookah-smoking-cat

Apr 24, 2022
That's a whole different breed hun. Gore fans are hateful,evil,angry ,miserable people. Heartless. Ignorant. Scary

Reactions: Sick of it all
GenesAndEnvironment

GenesAndEnvironment

Autistic loser
Jan 26, 2021
Sometimes I can't help but laugh at people being over-the-top giga-psychopaths (usually in some form of comment section). I remember some video posted on here where the comments were so ridiculously brutal/braindead/fucktarded that the whole thing felt indistinguishable from an actual joke. Don't even think there was a single good comment, probably the craziest shit I've seen in writing.

• Yay!
Reactions: Un-