randomguy

randomguy

Aug 18, 2018
A couple of months back I was interested in video editing. I thought it was something I could pursue. I was mistaken. I'm frustrated writer/poet. Too many rejections. Failures. I only had one poem published online. Fml.
Where ?

akosineenee

akosineenee

Invisible idiot
Aug 22, 2018
It was included on the January online issue of the Philippines Free Press in 2012. Sadly they're no longer in circulation and the main site has been taken down. I still have the email from the literary editor though (pathetic I know) and of course the poem itself.

Reactions: randomguy
RM5998

RM5998

Sack of Meat
Sep 3, 2018
I used to draw on paper, and my subject matter was mostly damaged characters with pensive/maniacal expressions looking into the middle distance.

I got a graphics tablet about 50 days ago, and since then I've racked up 5 incomplete drawings, all stuck at the first layer. I can't find the energy to proceed further. I have some reference images for the character open in a nearby tab, and I often try to go further, only to erase what I do in frustration.

I was also learning the guitar, but this inescapable lethargy that seems to pervade my life has prevented me from even removing the bubble wrap I put onto it for the flight back to college.

Reactions: Soon4me, randomguy and akosineenee
randomguy

randomguy

Aug 18, 2018
It was included on the January online issue of the Philippines Free Press in 2012. Sadly they're no longer in circulation and the main site has been taken down. I still have the email from the literary editor though (pathetic I know) and of course the poem itself.
I would like to see the poem. If you don't want to post it here you could send me on private ;-;

Reactions: akosineenee
randomguy

randomguy

Aug 18, 2018
I used to draw on paper, and my subject matter was mostly damaged characters with pensive/maniacal expressions looking into the middle distance.

I got a graphics tablet about 50 days ago, and since then I've racked up 5 incomplete drawings, all stuck at the first layer. I can't find the energy to proceed further. I have some reference images for the character open in a nearby tab, and I often try to go further, only to erase what I do in frustration.

I was also learning the guitar, but this inescapable lethargy that seems to pervade my life has prevented me from even removing the bubble wrap I put onto it for the flight back to college.
Man... I can relate. As I said, I can't even eat. Your drawing is my type of drawing. I would apreciate some of yours.

Reactions: RM5998
M

Morning Angel

Useless Broken Wings
Aug 8, 2018
I used to be pretty good in one particular medium.

Last edited:
Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals and RM5998
RM5998

RM5998

Sack of Meat
Sep 3, 2018
Man... I can relate. As I said, I can't even eat. Your drawing is my type of drawing. I would apreciate some of yours.

Well, this is as far as I got on the last one. It's supposed to show the first and last bodies we see for Alita. (I haven't finished the manga, so that part might turn out wrong. I just wanted an excuse to include Alita with the broken arm and the wooden stump.)

The news of the movie prompted me to finish the manga, but then I stopped again, midway through Last Order. Fuck me and my low attention span, I used to be able to focus before.

EDIT: Forgot to mention - for the ones who can't understand the gibberish coming due to me geeking out, it's based on a 90's manga called Battle Angel Alita.

Last edited:
Reactions: akosineenee and randomguy
NOISYMIND

NOISYMIND

Everyday I wake up I wanna die again.
Sep 11, 2018
I do photography and tryna make videos/short films as well. But I'm losing my interest in the things I love and I don't feel as inspired anymore.

Reactions: akosineenee and randomguy
randomguy

randomguy

Aug 18, 2018
Well, this is as far as I got on the last one. It's supposed to show the first and last bodies we see for Alita. (I haven't finished the manga, so that part might turn out wrong. I just wanted an excuse to include Alita with the broken arm and the wooden stump.)

The news of the movie prompted me to finish the manga, but then I stopped again, midway through Last Order. Fuck me and my low attention span, I used to be able to focus before.

EDIT: Forgot to mention - for the ones who can't understand the gibberish coming due to me geeking out, it's based on a 90's manga called Battle Angel Alita.
I liked it

Caustic Cardinals

Caustic Cardinals

Enlightened
Sep 1, 2018
i'v been praised for my poems, stanzas , my artistic soul ran out on me but feel free to peruse my posts and status updates

Reactions: randomguy, akosineenee and Soon4me
Soon4me

Soon4me

Enlightened
Jun 15, 2018
Played guitar in a punk band for 2 years.
I stopped playing because of my problems and depression.
Have not even touched my guitar in over a year.

Reactions: randomguy, akosineenee, RM5998 and 1 other person
Brokenanddeadinside

Brokenanddeadinside

Arcanist
Aug 8, 2018
I rrreeeaaaalllyyy wanna make music but I can barely concentrate on anything to try and learn.
Download fl studio demo it's free and a great program

Brokenanddeadinside

Brokenanddeadinside

Arcanist
Aug 8, 2018
Id like to get into alternative modeling for now I just take my own pics on my Instagram

Neon

Neon

May 20, 2018
Download fl studio demo it's free and a great program

I already have, I'm taking the initial steps to figure out how to use it but it's all so overwhelming to try and learn.

Reactions: randomguy, couldntthinkofaname and RM5998
Brokenanddeadinside

Brokenanddeadinside

Arcanist
Aug 8, 2018
I already have, I'm taking the initial steps to figure out how to use it but it's all so overwhelming to try and learn.
I know exactly how you feel it was the same for me at first. Best thing is too look at the tutorials people have made. If you need any help feel free to ask me I use fl studio

joydivision

joydivision

Aug 26, 2018
I kinda dunno my kind of music lol. I just know they're never good enough to me. But some people like them. I can send you a link to my soundclou account if you want.
Cool id like that

B

Ben

Warlock
Sep 12, 2018
I know that being sad drives us into some mad creativity that lead us to art. Some make poetry, some make drawings, some make music (me). It's a shame that we don't give value to our production because we think we are a punch of garbage when we're depressed. So do you guys have some way to express your feelings through art ?

Yup, I'm a rapper, I have 3 full albums out on every music platform you can think of, and I've been on tour across all of Canada. I consider myself a legit artist.

IDontWantToBreathe

IDontWantToBreathe

Aug 20, 2018
I started drawing in March and haven't stopped since. I've been doing a ton of watercolor paintings also.. I've tried several mediums but found what I like so I'm sticking to it.

D

Deleted member 1465

_
Jul 31, 2018
Look at Van Gogh. I always thought his paintings were technically awful - I could do better myself. However, they also managed to somehow move me in a way other artists couldn't. He put himself into his work. And look what happened to him.

Reactions: randomguy and tearsinrain
IDontWantToBreathe

IDontWantToBreathe

Aug 20, 2018
Look at Van Gogh. I always thought his paintings were technically awful - I could do better myself. However, they also managed to somehow move me in a way other artists couldn't. He put himself into his work. And look what happened to him.

How are Van Goghs paintings technically awful? Have you studied art? Maybe the composition isn't the greatest but a lot of his works are really sketches that become paintings.. The story is in the brush strokes. Van Gogh is a legendary painter and there's no way in hell anybody here could do anything better.. his style has been immortalized.

D

Deleted member 1465

_
Jul 31, 2018
How are Van Goghs paintings technically awful? Have you studied art? Maybe the composition isn't the greatest but a lot of his works are really sketches that become paintings.. The story is in the brush strokes. Van Gogh is a legendary painter and there's no way in hell anybody here could do anything better.. his style has been immortalized.

I did study art, and was an artist for a while. Was just my opinion though, I'm happy to admit I may be wrong. However, he still remains one of my favourite artists. That was kind of my point - I love his work but can't really put my finger on why.

Reactions: IDontWantToBreathe