LegaliseIt!

LegaliseIt!

Elementalist
Nov 29, 2019
I had a good friend from 1977 to 2015. I actually ended the friendship because her husband was creeping on me. That started in 2010, and I tried to talk to her about it, but her reaction was odd. So we are no longer friends. I miss her, but I don't miss the odd "swinger" vibe!

• Aww..
  • Hugs
Reactions: NoFOMO, Eren and TearyEyedQueen
Flume

Flume

Villain
Oct 28, 2019
If they do I don't know about it, never fucking had any real ones next to me.

a.n.kirillov

a.n.kirillov

velle non discitur
Nov 17, 2019
Yes, they exist. But you'll still be alone on some level, in some existential sense; they cant absolve you of your struggles and your pain but just knowing that you're accepted on a fundamental level is incredibly important; if I didn't have at least a few such people in my life I'd be long dead

I was lucky enough to always having had at least one really good friend; like, exclusive friend (and I'd say one real soulmate friend, one of a kind.) Even though we're now growing apart since he is going forward in life and I'm regressing, even though we might separate completely at one point, I know that we'll always wish each other well and respect each other.

The problem is you need an extraordinary amount of time spent together to form such a friendship and also a lot of hardships and arguments and as an adult in the modern world that's almost impossible. Only way I see it happening is in extreme circumstances like the army or maybe in a mountain climbing club or something; an activity where there's danger involved and you have to rely upon each other is almost a guarantee for bonding with a person.

• Love
Reactions: WhyIsLife56
WhyIsLife56

WhyIsLife56

Antinatalism + Efilism ❤️
Nov 4, 2019
Yes, they exist. But you'll still be alone on some level, in some existential sense; they cant absolve you of your struggles and your pain but just knowing that you're accepted on a fundamental level is incredibly important; if I didn't have at least a few such people in my life I'd be long dead

I was lucky enough to always having had at least one really good friend; like, exclusive friend (and I'd say one real soulmate friend, one of a kind.) Even though we're now growing apart since he is going forward in life and I'm regressing, even though we might separate completely at one point, I know that we'll always wish each other well and respect each other.

The problem is you need an extraordinary amount of time spent together to form such a friendship and also a lot of hardships and arguments and as an adult in the modern world that's almost impossible. Only way I see it happening is in extreme circumstances like the army or maybe in a mountain climbing club or something; an activity where there's danger involved and you have to rely upon each other is almost a guarantee for bonding with a person.
I have one friend that took a while to bond with but I still have struggles in my life that my friend can't fix. It's something I have to do on my own.

Reactions: a.n.kirillov
mathieu

mathieu

Enlightened
Jun 5, 2019
I had one really good friendship. It was weird cuz she was a woman and much older than me but we just got along really well. She winded up killing herself, though. I still miss her so much, years later.

• Hugs
Reactions: a.n.kirillov, OreoWellington and WhyIsLife56
Numbtopain97

Numbtopain97

deader than dead
Aug 10, 2019
Real friends do exist, they are just rare.

Reactions: Moonicide and a.n.kirillov
Death.

Death.

Student
Jan 5, 2019
Unfortunately nothing lasts forever. Even love and friendship is dependent on the fulfilment of certain conditions. Humans are inherently selfish, this simply IS; neither vice nor virtue.
It is true that everyone will disappoint and even hurt you at some point in life. The onus rests on you to discern who is worth the pain.

Reactions: OreoWellington
cherub

cherub

Fvcking Loser
Jan 27, 2019
I personally don't place a lot of faith in the idea that real friends exist.

Reactions: BabyYoda
sadgirl2002

sadgirl2002

Fallen Angel
Apr 9, 2019
Personally, I don't think real friends exist, not anymore at least. Growing up, I always thought that friendships that are made during high school, college, uni, whatever it may be are... fake. Most, if not all people have these friends simply because they don't want to be alone and when high school, college or whatever ends, they stop talking or drift apart.

I had a real best friend, a sister for me actually. She was the only one that made me realize that true everlasting bonds do exist. We were always together, other friends came into our life and left and that made me think that it's because it's only meant to be me and her.

I still remember when I had left sixth form and I stayed at home for a year. She did the same when she got kicked out of college. I can't forget the moment when my family were telling me that when you're in high school and you leave, you leave your high school friends and make new friends at college, when you leave college and go to work, you make new friends at work until you get married and after that, you hardly keep in touch with those work friends. My aunt was telling me that this is how life is and how that's how my cousin's life was. I was very strong in my disbelief in that and I still remember thinking that her friendships were probably fake and she wasn't genuine because I had always believed that a true friendship is so strong that it lasts forever, you never leave each other. We ended up going to college together so even after high school ended, we still stayed together.

Anyway, me and my best friend were inseparable and our bond was so strong. No matter how many small fights we had, we always came back to each other. We had the time of our lives when we were at school together and after that. We were together for 8 years until she ended up ruining my life which drove me to suicide, choosing her older online boyfriend over me and manipulated me and put severe pressure on me into getting on a flight with her. Now, she's doing fine without me. I guess I didn't mean anything to her.

Now, I firmly don't believe that genuine friendships exist. I lost the one and only sister I had or I guess she lost me but it doesn't feel like she cares. I gave her everything and she was my everything but now, she's gone and I'm left alone. All those friends that came into our lives hurt me and left and now, so did she. I just didn't think it would be her.