• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

N

noname223

Angelic
Aug 18, 2020
Probably not otherwise my threads would get more attention. Jokes aside.

First the answer for capitalism. Often when I see how much the companies earn with sports bets, gambling, cigarettes, gacha games, trash TV shows I feel like the world is pretty unfair. They exploit the human nature. We all tend to love gossip, the fast action movies, the boobs on TV (at least in Germany lol). We have in common our most primitive instincts. But the things that make us unique the niches are more difficult to make money with. This is why I love the internet there are so many niches and you can connect to people all over the planet.

I think there are a lot of things that make not as much money as they would deserve it: good journalism (so not VICE), certain art and literature, probably many books about philosophies and traditions that have no origin in the Western world. Science projects that are not subsidized by lobbies. Sports that are not mainstream.

Now to the content online. I once read misinformation spreads several times faster online than true factual information. Which is a fascinating fact. I think many outlets and hosts profit of spreading bullshit of which they are aware about. I think there are real gems on youtube. For example lectures with barely views but they are so fucking good and educating. One only needs to know how to navigate through the internet to differentiate and not coming to the conclusion that truth is subjective and relativism towards facts. But the authoritative news approach of youtube is double edged. I would not say that Fox News, CNN or MSNBC should be considered as very trustworthy. They make corporate propaganda and fuel the culture war to distract of lobby and money interests.

But there are also a lot of bullshitters on youtube like Matt Walsh who got so popular by spreading hatred.

I tend to the conclusion that quality products and content can have a difficult competition. It probably depends a certain branch and had to be specified. So a general answer is pretty difficult. Online there is a lot of clickbaiting. Social media, the yellow press rely on shock content. But there are always people who are even more insane or extreme online. There are even people who worship Hitler like Nick Fuentes and make a business out of that. Everything on social mieda has to be dramatized to generate the most traffic. However I think sometimes quality content is really appreciated. I am not sure whether there is real concept behind that. But the content has to be somewhat entertaining, technically on a high level, it must be somewhat unique, differentiable, maybe it should have a unique selling point, it would be good if there was a basis of supporters to make it financially attractive for the producers, (not too niche), the competitioners at the field should not be too powerful, there should not be oligopolies in that sector, the working conditions should be good.

This thread could have been way longer. But I am exhausted as fuck.

What is your opinion?

Reactions: sserafim
N

noname223

Angelic
Aug 18, 2020
It is so telling this thread barely got attention. Lol jk.

carac

carac

"and if this is the end, i am glad i met you."
May 27, 2023
This is something that I have been concerned about for a long time now and I see it as a bit of a crisis. Ultimately the way I have dealt with it in my own personal feelings has been on two fronts.

First is, people get what they deserve, the media only perpetuates what people want so we can all complain about all these practices as much as we like but unless people stop clicking on these links it will continue, all you can do is be true to yourself and avoid it where possible

The second front is trying to come to terms with unjust and bad faith personalities making huge amounts of money. The only way I can really deal with this is but trying not to let it get to me, Money isn't everything, we might think it is but who is happier the person who made millions trashing other people and stepping all over them or the buddhist living in peaceful contentness.

If you want some thoughts from another perspective I very much like this little speech Denzil gave to a journalist about our culture a few years ago

• Informative
Reactions: noname223