Do your friends/family know you use this site?

• Yes

Votes: 11 13.8%
  • No

Votes: 56 70.0%
  • A few

Votes: 13 16.3%

• Total voters
maidens

maidens

" more dead than alive, I endure it "
Aug 27, 2023
personally, a lot of my online friends (at least the semi-close and the close ones) know I use this forum, but nobody irl. it's because I really don't care if people online find out, but I know many of you probably feel otherwise, which is understandable! I'm just curious.

Celerity

Celerity

shape without form, shade without colour
Jan 24, 2021
Wow, I'm honestly shocked that the number is so high. How does the topic even come up in conversation?

• Love
Reactions: Lammpz and maidens
Undertow Mermaid

Undertow Mermaid

Human Centipede is a tour de force
Feb 5, 2023
I told three of my online friends, one of them had attempted to ctb before and he said forums like these made him worse but he didn't say much more on it. My other two friends told me to stop visiting and said it was cringe.

• Love
Reactions: loopdaloop and maidens
AAT

AAT

Oct 21, 2023
No, have not told anybody. Would not be wise to tell while planning to ctb.

• Love
Reactions: Lammpz and maidens
donehere24

donehere24

Oct 24, 2023
I haven't even told anyone that I'm planning to ctb, much less use this site. You could say I'm living a double life

• Love
Reactions: NeedAnEscape and maidens
F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
Only one friend because they are suicidal too- so, I thought they'd understand. I tell my Dad that I chat on forums but I keep it vague and say it's about philosophy/big life stuff- true really.

• Love
Reactions: tiger b, maidens and girlwithflaxenhair0
just_a_guy

just_a_guy

thispersondoesnotexist
Oct 27, 2023
Not sure how this would come up organically, unless you're waiting at a bus stop, "you know, speaking of catching the bus, did I tell you that I'm a member on a site that let's you talk about suicide and suicide methods freely?" "No, you didn't, do you want to get McDonalds or Burger King?"

• Yay!
  • Love
Reactions: NeedAnEscape, Kore, loopdaloop and 3 others
todeswunsch

todeswunsch

On overtime in life
Oct 19, 2023
My ex and both my therapist and psychiatric knows about the forum. My ex used to used it too.
They are currently my support line and I trust them enough.
Most people that I know IRL knows that I'm suicidal, even in the workplace, so its no surprise anyway.
I am pretty open about what I think, for better of for worse

• Love
Reactions: maidens and movinout17
M

marypary1234

Nov 14, 2023
No, I have not told anybody. If they knew they would try to stop me.

• Love
Reactions: onlywayout- and maidens
B

Bodydysmorphia34

Oct 31, 2023
I told three of my online friends, one of them had attempted to ctb before and he said forums like these made him worse but he didn't say much more on it. My other two friends told me to stop visiting and said it was cringe.

Yikes at these friends tbh.. commenting a topic like this with "cringe" shows these friends are immature and/or very young..

• Love
Reactions: maidens
Spiritual survivor

Spiritual survivor

A born again but occasionally suicidal
Feb 13, 2022
My friend I stay with, he's also expressed his suicidality to me constantly. He once had an account but he doesn't get on here now I don't think.

Last edited:
  • Love
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
No. It's nothing to do with anyone else as well.

• Love
movinout17

movinout17

Student
Feb 2, 2023
Yes, my parents know. Two weeks ago I ended up telling my dad, my main support, about it when I I had a nervous break after smoking weed.

I'm usually 70% suicidal, so the 30% SI part of me which is afraid of death, is paranoid, and cares about my family just freaked out. My mind was paranoid that week.

Now I'm obligated to go to inpatient soon, and I turned over my SN to my parents because I had to confess out of guilt and paranoia that I ordered it.

I have since opened a P.O. Box and ordered sn again.

• Love
K

Kit1

Enlightened
Oct 24, 2023
No. Only my therapist and she doesn't know the name of the site.

• Love
maidens

maidens

" more dead than alive, I endure it "
Aug 27, 2023
Not sure how this would come up organically, unless you're waiting at a bus stop, "you know, speaking of catching the bus, did I tell you that I'm a member on a site that let's you talk about suicide and suicide methods freely?" "No, you didn't, do you want to get McDonalds or Burger King?"
I have a Discord server for my friends and everyone has their own respective channels including myself, I very very occasionally vaguely talk about this forum and sometimes they ask the name.

Reactions: just_a_guy
KrowaKovsky

KrowaKovsky

i dunno what to put here
Feb 22, 2023
Wow, I'm honestly shocked that the number is so high. How does the topic even come up in conversation?
Since me and my partner share a room, it came up when they looked over my shoulder and asked about it

• Love
ForeverBroken

ForeverBroken

Memento mori
Jun 17, 2023
No one in my family knows but I've mentioned it to my counselor. She knows I come here but not the name of the site.

• Love
S

Scythe

Lost in a delusion
Sep 5, 2022
One single online friend who seems like they could do with some help from a different prespective and a change of pace from the usual bullshit advice.

• Love
L

loopdaloop

-
Apr 16, 2023
No. most people don't really get it or don't want to get it, they see it as a cry for help and not a genuine discussion. But back in the psych ward I did briefly talk about this site with a psych student who was volunteering there and talking 1 on 1 with patients for his degree, and honestly he was kinda chill about it and didn't care which was refreshing (but maybe he took it lightly because I was already in a mental institute, so he expected me to say stuff like that)

• Love
  • Yay!
Reactions: maidens and penguinl0v3s
sick.faery

sick.faery

ā™”
Mar 18, 2021
hell no or else rn i'd be locked up in a psych ward somewhere

• Love
P

Penquinman

Nov 22, 2023
Nah they wouldn't take it well and I wouldn't want to make people more worried about me.

• Love
NeedAnEscape

NeedAnEscape

awaiting the end
Oct 16, 2023
No, nobody knows that I use this site. I would get hospitalized immediately.

• Love
Blackpepperpancake

Blackpepperpancake

Help me to breathe
Nov 22, 2023
No, as I viewed sasu as a normal forum site, I did mention a bit to my close friends but they have no idea what's the name of the site is.

If I make it a big deal, I'm afraid it would go south, so I'm trying to act like it is normal, maybe it actually is, maybe not.

• Love
penguinl0v3s

penguinl0v3s

Wait for Me šŸ’™
Nov 1, 2023
personally, a lot of my online friends (at least the semi-close and the close ones) know I use this forum, but nobody irl. it's because I really don't care if people online find out, but I know many of you probably feel otherwise, which is understandable! I'm just curious.
One of my online friends literally tracked down my irl to talk to him by only knowing my first name, my irl's first name, and my university. Creepy shit.

On the other end, I was able to figure out an online friend's exact address by only knowing their parent's occupation and their Spotify profile. So be careful out there haha.
My irls are suicidal šŸ„°šŸ„°šŸ„°

• Love
Sprite_Geist

Sprite_Geist

NULL
May 27, 2020
No, and I want to keep it this way. Sanctioned Suicide is one of the only places where I am given (at least) an illusion of privacy and secrecy.

• Love
Reactions: Celerity and maidens
P

Praestat_Mori

Mori praestat, quam haec pati!
May 21, 2023
No.

Nobody irl / outside the SS community knows that I'm here.

• Love
PandaBe

PandaBe

Sep 25, 2023
No nobody I don't know how they'd react I don't think anyone I k ow irl thinks a site like this exists.

• Love
Unsure and Useless

Unsure and Useless

Drifting Aimlessly without Roots
Feb 7, 2023
I can't keep a secret to save my life, so my presence on this website has slipped into conversation with friends on rare occasions. How? I have no idea.

I brushed it off as me being my usual curious self that eventually deleted my account when, obviously, this is not the case.

They think that this website is a suicide cult, and they used to joke about how "Marigold joined a suicide cult 'cause she was curious" lol

Fortunately, they don't know the name of this site.

• Love