snowcloud9

snowcloud9

I’m Cold
Sep 9, 2023
Writing a note would give me closure and make me sure about dying, but I'm not sure if it would be better for the people in my life to get a note. Would it make them dwell on me for longer than if I didn't leave a note? Or would they have gotten their closure too?

OrphicEnd

OrphicEnd

ㅤㅤ‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎
Aug 24, 2023
Knowing that you don't know a cause is very frustrating. They might wonder what your reasons were and feel guilty, they will never have the answer. It's better to leave a note I think, to say things, even when they are unpleasant because at least they will know why. We turn the page more easily when we have read it.

• Informative
Reactions: iamsofkntired, snowcloud9, mrscat and 3 others
Henryk

Henryk

Tonight I'm gonna rest my chemistry
Apr 22, 2022
I think it would be good to clarify things for those who will stay, of course depending on the content of the letter you may be putting an even greater weight on people's shoulders but it depends on your conscience of what to put in the letter. I would particularly like to write one, but I feel very tired and I would just like to get it all over with as quickly as possible.

• Informative
Reactions: angel~dust and snowcloud9
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
Whether to leave a note is a personal decision, nobody is owed an explanation or is obligated to leave one but it could mean that those left behind are less likely to be left with as many unanswered questions if they have a note.

Reactions: ayaneechan
snowcloud9

snowcloud9

I’m Cold
Sep 9, 2023
I think it would be good to clarify things for those who will stay, of course depending on the content of the letter you may be putting an even greater weight on people's shoulders but it depends on your conscience of what to put in the letter. I would particularly like to write one, but I feel very tired and I would just like to get it all over with as quickly as possible.
I am sure that I will leave a letter for everyone except for one person, my ex. I am not sure whether or not he would want one.

When we broke up, he told me that he no longer wanted a Christmas card from me because it would make him miss me more. Would the same apply to suicide note you think? I have a general note to talk about my reasons and will, then more personal notes. I just want to say that I love him and hope he has a good life, and that I don't hate him at all.

I imagine that if he were to answer this question, that he would say that he didn't want a stupid note or last words, he would want me alive. But that is not one of the options.

S

Sid19

Student
May 26, 2023
Writing a note would give me closure and make me sure about dying, but I'm not sure if it would be better for the people in my life to get a note. Would it make them dwell on me for longer than if I didn't leave a note? Or would they have gotten their closure too?
In my opinion it's better to tell them why you did it, and for yourself as well. There are times when you think people know about what you are going through and still ignoring your suffering, but in reality they don't know or rather be an ignorant about it. So when you really do it people will start making assumptions, and I for one don't want people to assume something else.

• Love
Reactions: snowcloud9