PinkSakura

PinkSakura

Rip Flower I'll never forget you </3 我想你花
Feb 8, 2021
Personally I am a VERY direct person, if I'm having a conversation and the other person says something indirect it throws me off the whole conversation.
I also dislike how indirect type of people take offence to everything and then indirectly start randomly freaking out.

The other day I was at a foodbank and the guy doing my paperwork asks for my date of birth. I give him my DOB and he says "oh your age isn't written here". So I tell him "I'm 27 years old". He reacts as if I've offended him and says "I can count thank you very much"'

???? Did I say you cannot count? No I simply told you my age since you said it's not written on the paper.

So I responded with "I was just making things faster for you that's all". He responds with "I beg you parden, I'm quite fast actually, im not slow".

these type of interactions irritate me, I cannot stand indirect people. Did I call you slow? No.

Does anyone else feel the same way?

• Hugs
Reactions: MountainMonkey, akana, OpheliasFlowers and 9 others
J

Julgran

Enlightened
Dec 15, 2021
Personally I am a VERY direct person, if I'm having a conversation and the other person says something indirect it throws me off the whole conversation.
I also dislike how indirect type of people take offence to everything and then indirectly start randomly freaking out.

The other day I was at a foodbank and the guy doing my paperwork asks for my date of birth. I give him my DOB and he says "oh your age isn't written here". So I tell him "I'm 27 years old". He reacts as if I've offended him and says "I can count thank you very much"'

???? Did I say you cannot count? No I simply told you my age since you said it's not written on the paper.

So I responded with "I was just making things faster for you that's all". He responds with "I beg you parden, I'm quite fast actually, im not slow".

these type of interactions irritate me, I cannot stand indirect people. Did I call you slow? No.

I see your point, and I agree - especially when it comes to argumentative people. It's refreshing when people can be direct.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Skathon, Message In A Bottle, Huntfish34 and 1 other person
Foresight

Foresight

Enlightened
Jun 14, 2019
I don't know actually, that's a good question. I don't think so. I'm a subtle and indirect speaker I think. I actually really respect indirect language. I can see why you felt like wtf? here though. He was making assumptions that you were an asshole and that sucks. That guy might be on the defensive cause people treat workers, whether paid or volunteer, like garbage. You weren't being an asshole, you were actually trying to help, but he was on the defensive as if you were and was displaying some serious insecurities.

• Love
Reactions: OpheliasFlowers, whatevs, Huntfish34 and 2 others
Un-

Un-

I'm a failure. An absolute waste. A LOSEr.
Apr 6, 2021
I just avoid people in general. I don't like confrontation. At the same time, I do have a thick skin. Like, for example, I'm black, and I've had some racist encounters - the staring, "nigger" this, "monkey" that - and I just laugh. It's why I like my depression, sort of. My lack of ability to feel, and to care, makes my life easier in some sense because people don't get under my skin at all. I don't care about indirect people. The last time I've gotten mad.. May have been in 2021 some time. With that being said, I do envision holding a pistol in my mouth every two seconds.

• Hugs
Reactions: Mr_House, OpheliasFlowers, Lostandlooking and 1 other person
castler

castler

Enlightened
Jul 11, 2022
Oooo, can I add my 2pennies here?

I just luv peeps attitudes. I even had one lady get offended when she said she was going to redo the database or something nor another on a forum I was a part of and I offered to help as it was going to be a lengthy process and boy did she snap at me. I clearly told her I was lending assistance and I forget her terminology, but she didn't want no assistance.

Humans in general act foolish both online and off, assholes are everywhere just like in your situ. I've even had checkout women at the store tell me "I hate it when people stare at me", when my machine at the self checkout was acting up or not ringing up something, I looked at her for assistance since she was right next to me. But alas, some people get offended too easily. Esp with road rage etc. The world we live in.

• Hugs
Reactions: Mr_House, OpheliasFlowers and Huntfish34
Huntfish34

Huntfish34

Enlightened
Mar 13, 2020
I agree,. He sounded like some dickhead with some sort of ego complex. You didn't deserve that at all.

Sadly I think I can be very indirect, or indecisive... ? Not sure if those go hand in hand or not but I often have difficulty in answering directly / making decisions. I've found that it can make friends , family or whoever pissed off. For ex. I'll usually respond with.. " maybe, I'm not sure, I don't really know " to many things people ask me even when they want is a simple Yes or No.

I suppose that's just a part of my personality and who I am as a person. Sorry for my rambling.... Just my .02.

• Yay!
Reactions: kappa, Un-, Dead Ghost and 3 others
Dead Ghost

Dead Ghost

Mestre del Temps
May 6, 2022
I have translated several times the first message (to Catalan, to Spanish... with Bing, with DeepL, with Google) and I do not understand it. I do not know if I have a bad day or what but I have several POSTS that I do not know how to "interpret"... I have thought that I do not want to say no to this one. So I ask someone to please explain it to me in another way.

What I thought I understood is that he is offended by people who get mad at him when he just wants to help.

//

He traduït diverses vegades el primer missatge (Al català, al castellà... amb el Bing, amb el DeepL, amb el Google) i no l'entenc. No se si tinc un mal día o qué però porto uns quants POSTS que no se "interpretar"... he pensat que d'aquest no me'n vull desdir. Així que demano si us plau que algú m'ho expliqui d'una altra manera.

El que m'ha semblat entendre a mi es que s'ofen amb la gent que s'emprenya amb ell quan només vol ajudar.

whatevs

whatevs

Mining for copium in the weirdest places.
Jan 15, 2022
The moral of the story is that dickhead REALLY was slow, heheh.
I have translated several times the first message (to Catalan, to Spanish... with Bing, with DeepL, with Google) and I do not understand it. I do not know if I have a bad day or what but I have several POSTS that I do not know how to "interpret"... I have thought that I do not want to say no to this one. So I ask someone to please explain it to me in another way.
Básicamente OP se refiere a que hay gente que cree que lanzas indirectas cuando no lo haces, porque no eres ese tipo de persona, y que no le gusta la gente que lanza mensajes insinuados o indirectos. El empleado creía que OP intentaba evidenciar que era 'lento' cuando sólo estaba informándole.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: Mr_House, kappa and Dead Ghost
BitterlyAlive_

BitterlyAlive_

-
Dec 8, 2020
As someone else said, he sounds like he's just being very defensive. Devils advocate here, I can relate to his attitude as much as it sucks. Growing up, I had to be defensive like this, and I know it still comes out with people sometimes. Doesn't make his attitude/the way he treated you fair or right though ofc.

• Hugs
Reactions: Mr_House, Huntfish34 and OpheliasFlowers
Dead Ghost

Dead Ghost

Mestre del Temps
May 6, 2022
The moral of the story is that dickhead REALLY was slow, heheh.

Básicamente OP se refiere a que hay gente que cree que lanzas indirectas cuando no lo haces, porque no eres ese tipo de persona, y que no le gusta la gente que lanza mensajes insinuados o indirectos. El empleado creía que OP intentaba evidenciar que era 'lento' cuando sólo estaba informándole.
Perdón por contestar tarde, el 'avisador' no me ha notificado nada. Gracias por aclarármelo... ahora que lo pienso mucha gente se ha enfadado conmigo por eso mismo (sobre todo profesores de Instituto que se me ofendieron en los 90 por vete a saber qué... solo hacía que disculparme porqué si continuamente o callarme).
Gracias otra vez.

• Hugs
Reactions: Mr_House and Huntfish34
D

deformedface

Jun 26, 2022
i get what you mean. if i dont act happy all the time people think something wrong with me. people only like neurotypicals. they stay away from people with mental illness unless they are attractive famous or rich. i think it is because i dont like sarcasm but may have undiagnosed autism or mental illness. world is cruel

• Hugs
Life_and_Death

Life_and_Death

Do what's best for you 🕯️ Sometimes I'm stressed
Jul 1, 2020
Yeah, that dude being on the other side of the coin then what I'm going to mention, you have a point about him. He didn't need to be snappy. But some people are indirect due to discomfort or difficulties and you can't really blame them for struggling as I'm sure no one would want to be blamed for struggling.

• Hugs
MountainMonkey

MountainMonkey

Student
Jun 17, 2022
I wish human language was based on raw truth, no matter how offensive.

Reactions: Mr_House and akana
A

akana

Student
Mar 21, 2022
Yes, I love no bullshit, upfront communication. I don't have time to hint and I hate people who do. It's immature.
I don't like or see the point in small talk as well or surface level interactions they're just draining

Last edited:
Reactions: Skathon and MountainMonkey
B

Banshee

Student
Oct 25, 2021

I'm the same way and I have zero patience for it. As soon as it happens the first time I immediately tell them "I need you to understand the following, I literally do not care" then I follow up with "shut the fuck up" when they start to react to it.

T

TLEEA

dismas
Aug 7, 2022
Indirectness is a good catalyst for conversations. The more interpretations of whatever is said, the more that can be talked about. Or they were probably just a bit agitated.

hamvil

hamvil

Wizard
Aug 29, 2022

I understand you quite a bit. I do not understand indirect language. People tell me about non verbal clue but I do not get them. I tried to explain this to people all my life at the beginning they pretend to understand and say that they will be direct but the almost always they say things like: "I assumed it was clear from the context".

I am just unable to interact with people. I am unable to have friends or relationships with women. I do realise that the world is right and I am wrong since I am the minority. I am just not made for this world.

• Hugs
Reactions: Dead Ghost