• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

sserafim

sserafim

brighter than the sun, that’s just me
Sep 13, 2023
I think that I'm reaching my breaking point and that it'll be time for me to ctb soon. Do autism/Asperger's, ADHD, and social anxiety qualify for VAS? (as well as undiagnosed depression). I really wish that I could have the option to ctb by VAS.

My conditions make my life so hard and difficult. Furthermore, they're incurable and chronic, so I'll have to live with them for my whole life. I have trouble interacting with and talking to others, and fitting into society. I don't think that I'll able to reach my full potential or have a good life or future. My social issues are holding me back, and I don't think that I'll be able to function in society or have a good quality of life. That's why I want to ctb.

I'm suffering too, it's just my mental health rather than my physical health. I literally have mental illness yet I'm still expected to continue existing. I hate this absurd world and these absurd expectations.

Last edited:
  • Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: Rocinante, Unknown21, Mauve87 and 2 others
C

ClownWorld2023

Arcanist
Sep 18, 2023
I think it depends on your country's laws, and depending on the laws, your GP (general practitioner) would need to agree.

I asked the same question to my GP. She disagreed with my point of view, stating that there are still possible treatments.

Yeah... that didn't age well.

I went to a psychiatric facility that supposedly specializes in care for ASD.
In the 6 months I visited there, I only got to speak to my psychologist like 2 or 3 times, and even then they couldn't understand my point of view.
They didn't help anything, in fact they made everything worse.

A year of my life wasted, and pretty much the worst betrayal imaginable.

• Hugs
Reactions: Venessolotic, Equal-in-Death, Mauve87 and 2 others
sserafim

sserafim

Sep 13, 2023
I think it depends on your country's laws, and depending on the laws, your GP (general practitioner) would need to agree.

I asked the same question to my GP. She disagreed with my point of view, stating that there are still possible treatments.

In the 6 months I visited there, I only got to speak to my psychologist like 2 or 3 times, and even then they couldn't understand my point of view.

Unfortunately I live in the US…I was thinking about going to Europe or something for it. I heard it's super hard to get approved though, although there was a piece on the news about an autistic European girl being approved for euthanasia. She has the option to, but decided to continue living for now. I would at least like to have the option to VAS.

I'm sorry to hear that. I really wish that there was more help and support for ASD, and a cure for this goddamn condition already. This condition honestly is the main factor why my life is miserable, and it's a hindrance. It actively holds me back. Ugh I really wish I didn't have it.

• Hugs
Reactions: Rocinante and ClownWorld2023
C

ClownWorld2023

Arcanist
Sep 18, 2023
I stopped caring at this point.

Each day I'm embracing death more and more.

It's so relieving.

Reactions: Equal-in-Death and sserafim
LaVieEnRose

LaVieEnRose

Angelic
Jul 23, 2022

I was forced into mental health treatment at a very young age because of ASD and not one drop of it ever helped. I've never encountered anyone working in the industry who understood it. It's terrible.

• Hugs
Reactions: ClownWorld2023, sserafim and Mauve87
viljalauss

viljalauss

he/they 21
Aug 22, 2023

from ur use of the term GP i assume u live in the uk as well .. i'm not surprised ):

also thankfully i've never been to any asd-focused treatment or anything but it sounds like it could be so hit-or-miss. like being taught how to self-advocate, know the accommodations u need and ask for them, manage and make sense of tasks.. i learned a lot of that from the internet and personal experience but i assume if there were people focused on teaching you things like that they could help. but i know aba exists and probably other similarly horrible things and if that's the type of thing u went through i am so sorry

Reactions: sserafim
hevlalab

hevlalab

Take me back in time
Sep 14, 2023
What is VAS?

sserafim

sserafim

Sep 13, 2023
Reactions: Rocinante and hevlalab
C

ClownWorld2023

Arcanist
Sep 18, 2023
from ur use of the term GP i assume u live in the uk as well .. i'm not surprised ):

also thankfully i've never been to any asd-focused treatment or anything but it sounds like it could be so hit-or-miss. like being taught how to self-advocate, know the accommodations u need and ask for them, manage and make sense of tasks.. i learned a lot of that from the internet and personal experience but i assume if there were people focused on teaching you things like that they could help. but i know aba exists and probably other similarly horrible things and if that's the type of thing u went through i am so sorry

Nah I'm not from the UK, but also from an European country. I just used the term GP, because that's correct English I assume.

There wasn't really any treatment where I went, just a lot of useless talk without any real solutions.
And the government pays for this kind of crap treatment, because socialized healthcare (which sucks).
Just a waste of public money + waste of my time.

elimliadam

elimliadam

Feb 11, 2024
Try pegasos. I have heard , it is not hard to get approval.
They approved 47 old british guy. Poor guy got a strange illness that could not be diagnosed correctly at the time.
He got approval from clinic just couple of months after it
Unfortunately I live in the US…I was thinking about going to Europe or something for it. I heard it's super hard to get approved though, although there was a piece on the news about an autistic European girl being approved for euthanasia. She has the option to, but decided to continue living for now. I would at least like to have the option to VAS.

I'm sorry to hear that. I really wish that there was more help and support for ASD, and a cure for this goddamn condition already. This condition honestly is the main factor why my life is miserable, and it's a hindrance. It actively holds me back. Ugh I really wish I didn't have it.

(https://pegasos-association.com/en/faqs/)
(https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...ot-goodbye-letters-ashes-TWO-MONTHS-died.html)