• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

U

uselessanon42

May 30, 2018
Hi, I'm new here. Like most of you, I want to CTB. It's been that way since i was very young, around 10 (I'm late 20s)
Last year I purchased a 12 gauge and hollow point slugs, hoping that'll do the trick. I've been thinking about less violent methods, like N but fortunately other than my cowardice, my plans are pretty solid. I've also had an official DNR bracelet and wallet card for years(I don't actually have a dnr, but the bracelet is authentic) I try to wear it as much as possible in case a happy accident occurs, but no such luck yet.

so basically i have two questions (particularly for those living in the US as far as the DNR goes) If i go through with it, and am somehow still alive when the paramedics come, must they respect my dnr even if the death is self inflicted? I know this is a silly question considering the method i want but i figured I'd ask anyway .
#2- Are hollow points the right choice? I've looked up that stuff in the past, but everything I've read is conflicting. my friend who knows alot about guns(also suicidal and very pro choice) said it was overkill but should definitely get the job done. overkill is pretty much what I'm shooting for (lol)

U

uselessanon42

May 30, 2018
No they don't have to respect your DNR, unfortunately, especially with a suicide attempt.

Thanks for replying. That's unfortunate but hopefully my method will work quickly. Also, is it a problem I used the "S" word? I tried to use ctb but forgot in the second half. I am concerned with privacy but have no idea how to set up vpn.

Sonnenblume

Sonnenblume

Sunflower Panda
Apr 6, 2018
Thanks for replying. That's unfortunate but hopefully my method will work quickly. Also, is it a problem I used the "S" word? I tried to use ctb but forgot in the second half. I am concerned with privacy but have no idea how to set up vpn.

What method are you employing? you can use the word here, no problem. CyberGhost is an easy to set up VPN if you want one. I think there's a 1 month free trial

Reactions: uselessanon42
U

uselessanon42

May 30, 2018
What method are you employing? you can use the word here, no problem. CyberGhost is an easy to set up VPN if you want one. I think there's a 1 month free trial

12 gauge shotgun in the mouth with hollow point slugs. aiming at the brain stem. if i can ever get the courage to pull the trigger.. survival instincts suck.

Reactions: Sonnenblume
U

uselessanon42

May 30, 2018
Any word on how to get a dnr?
It's difficult, yeah. I just ordered the bracelet and card, which are real medical supplies. I know it won't do much, especially since they won't respect it if its blatantly suicide. But i figured that it's nice to have in case something else happens, even if they hesitate only for a minute or so it could be worth it.

U

uselessanon42

May 30, 2018
Now that I read about it again (it's been at least 8 years) I suppose they won't respect it anyway. I think i had paperwork printed for it at some point (real paperwork - fake signatures) but it looks like they'll easily dismiss even a doctor signed order unless they get in touch with said dr. But I figure why not? I like the bracelet anyways, I don't wear much jewelry so its about the closest I'll get to being girly. Besides, I'd hope there won't be much left of me to try to resuscitate. It was more for the methods I tried in my earlier years.

Reactions: dhk96
Likes2dance

Likes2dance

Jun 1, 2018
The best gun to use for sucide is a shot gun, or 357. A small caliber gun might not do the job.

AveryConure

AveryConure

Some idiot
May 11, 2018
I have a 12gauge with hollow points. will that work?
I'm considering doing the same method, so I would like to know as well.

Also did you have to go through a lot of hurdles just to buy a shotgun? I'm considering eventually dropping some money to buy one and wait a few months before I finally ctb.

U

uselessanon42

May 30, 2018
I'm considering doing the same method, so I would like to know as well.

Also did you have to go through a lot of hurdles just to buy a shotgun? I'm considering eventually dropping some money to buy one and wait a few months before I finally ctb.
Nope. It was very easy (I live in the US) They did a background check, which took 15 minutes or so. I thought some stuff would show up even though i was never personally charged with anything but it didn't. I said it was for self defense and was never questioned.

Reactions: AveryConure
I

ion900

Student
May 4, 2018
Nope. It was very easy (I live in the US) They did a background check, which took 15 minutes or so. I thought some stuff would show up even though i was never personally charged with anything but it didn't. I said it was for self defense and was never questioned.
have you been to a psych wards in the last five years? Where you asked about suicidal thoughts?

U

uselessanon42

May 30, 2018
have you been to a psych wards in the last five years? Where you asked about suicidal thoughts?
No. They didn't ask anything except for what gun i want. They said they thought everyone should have a gun for self defense.

Reactions: ion900
U

uselessanon42

May 30, 2018
I never had to talk to anyone except the employee at the gun store. Hand guns are different, you need a permit. I know young kids that have shotguns/rifles for hunting. (I'm 26 btw)

I

ion900

Student
May 4, 2018
not sure if you will get turned away for having been in a psych ward. Anyone have conformation as to whether you get turned away if you've been in a psych ward?

U

uselessanon42

May 30, 2018
I think it would depend on the circumstances. Were you diagnosed with a mental illness? Were you involuntarily committed? I'm not really asking, but those are two things that matter depending on your state (in the us)

F

FakeNews

Student
Apr 30, 2018
Look at it from a health provider's standpoint, they have much less risk if they ignore a valid DNR than acting on an invalid DNR. When time is of the essence, they will take the path of least risk.

DNRs are most useful during a slow decline when there is time to validate the legal instrument.

U

uselessanon42

May 30, 2018
Look at it from a health provider's standpoint, they have much less risk if they ignore a valid DNR than acting on an invalid DNR. When time is of the essence, they will take the path of least risk.

DNRs are most useful during a slow decline when there is time to validate the legal instrument.

Yup, i totally understand. I was young when i bought the bracelet, just figured it couldn't hurt. I'm very lucky to work in an environment where the majority of employees are pro choice when it comes to CTB. So i have no worries about wearing it "just because". My boyfriend doesn't understand it at all but leaves the subject alone, and i don't speak to family.