NeverSatisfied

NeverSatisfied

Experienced
Dec 28, 2020
As kids my parents went through of a divorce, I didn't really care (it was better for everyone they split) but my sister took it so hard. Fast forward 15 years and she's 25 in 3 years of her first marriage with a neglectful and borderline abusive husband no longer able to hold on. We were separated in their divorce and I haven't been able to be there as much as I want to throughout her life. One thing I relate to her on after our parents' divorce though was the fact that neither of us ever wants to get one EVER. She has endured so much to hold on to her marriage and now that it's coming to an end I can tell the world is crashing down on her. I feel like crap too over it and don't know how to support her.

Idk, any advice? What's the best way to be there for someone you love through a divorce when you are dealing with problems of your own and trying to mend the relationship you have with them that you weren't able to grow? I love my sister to death and this is coming at a time when mu family's already going through stuff and and I'm waking up to 2 hour anxiety attacks every morning already.

Edit: And to top it all off today is her birthday and he's making her do their taxes together because he wanted to hang out with his friends tomorrow making her bday the only day...how romantic :angry:

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: WornOutLife
W

WornOutLife

マット
Mar 22, 2020
My brothet said to me exactly the same words when he got divorced and told me not to get married never ever in my life.

It seems you're going through a lot. I wouldn't know what to do if I were in your shoes but I guess I would just try to be next to my sister as long as possible and help her in any way I can.

Hope things get better somehow!

NeverSatisfied

NeverSatisfied

Experienced
Dec 28, 2020
My brothet said to me exactly the same words when he got divorced and told me not to get married never ever in my life.

It seems you're going through a lot. I wouldn't know what to do if I were in your shoes but I guess I would just try to be next to my sister as long as possible and help her in any way I can.

Hope things get better somehow!
Thanks. Yeah, our mom always tells us not to get married haha

I'm hoping maybe this can finally be the time where I don't let my mind get the best of me, can be there by her side like you said and really get that stronger sister relationship

• Hugs
Reactions: WornOutLife