GoodPersonEffed

GoodPersonEffed

Brevity is my middle name, but my name was TL
Jan 11, 2020
I think ㅁ and ㅇ looks like tapioca balls/pearls so maybe that's what he/she meant? Just guessing! :hihi:

Yes, that's what I meant. All the elliptical circles remind me of boba tea or bubble tea, made with tapioca balls.

Reactions: disabledandhopeless
GoodPersonEffed

GoodPersonEffed

Brevity is my middle name, but my name was TL
Jan 11, 2020
Do many people move to Korea who aren't Korean? How are they treated by Koreans?

I'm from the States. I have lived in Guatemala and Mexico. Indigenous Guatemalans are not welcoming to foreigners, they will say hello but generally will not invite foreigners to their homes or become close friends with them, while cosmopolitan Guatemalans seem to be more welcoming and open, but I only met a few so can't say for sure. I haven't been around indigenous Mexicans, but in general, Mexicans are welcoming and open.

BlasianGuy

BlasianGuy

Jun 29, 2019
H
This country where I am at this moment really sucks ass. I am S.Korean myself and from my experience (I had lived in other countries for some years), compared to others these people here are so much judgmental. If you're LGBTQ+ they immediately think of AIDS. They literally hate the concept of 'difference'. The Suicide rates is one of the highest and I can easily understand why it is so. There is a strong social pressure with whatever you do. There's a word called 'nunchi' here. It's somewhat simillar to a 'wits' but the big difference is, you are considered morally bad if you don't have this. You have to walk on eggshells and by doing so you are considered to be on a successful career.

Here's a small example. I was watching some youtube videos some minutes ago and when I scrolled down to check comments, I had to frown cause all the comments were about fucking hair style of the guy in the vid. Koreans were having a serious debate on how he had to take care of his hair saying things like..
'oh he looks so dumb with that hair'
'he did that hair cause his eyes are so small'
It was a video about the guy's marriage life duh

I know every leaf has its own colour, but I seriously do NOT recommend living in S.Korea unless you want to be distressed.
Hey, also living in Korea and half Korean also. Hope you are doing better these days. If you ever want to vent or just chat let me know. Have a good week!!

• Love
Reactions: lovingjoo