M.O.N

M.O.N

Aug 9, 2023
hi all, I came across this site while doing research on the SN method. this may be lengthy, so I apologize in advance.

my best friend recently ended her life using that method, something that caught me completely by surprise. we initially met each other through a mutual friend but as we got to know each other, we realized how similar our lives had been and how many complicated feelings we shared about our lives, our families, and the world in general and became very close. we were both suicidal, had been for the majority of our lives for different reasons. years of knowing each other and experiencing and re-experiencing pain both old and new brought us to a suicide pact. we both knew that suicide was the only option for us due to severe mental health issues and untreatable trauma that made everyday life hell for both of us. we agreed that we'd give every day our all, whatever that meant for us, and when the day came that one of us came to the other and said "I want to do it now", we would. she owned a shotgun and our plan was simple: she'd blow my brains out first (since I've never owned or used a gun) then her own.

but like I said , that didn't happen and instead I received a call from another of our mutual friends telling me that her corpse had been found in her bed. I was shocked, confused, angry, and hurt. both because of the sudden loss and because of the broken promise. I later received a letter she'd written to me explaining that she'd reached her breaking point weeks ago and didn't have it in her to live another day. in the letter, she apologized for breaking our promise but said that she couldn't find it in herself to end my life too because I'd seemed happier and she didn't want to take away my opportunity to live a happy life, or to find healing. in reality, I'd just been using again and was finding peace in that since I'd been reaching the same point she had but didn't want to bring it up to her because she'd seemed more relaxed and less afraid of everything. (ha ha)

while many questions had been answered, I was still confused as to why she used SN, how she knew to use it, and what the process of her death was like (was it painful? was it slow? could she have stopped it if she wanted to?) and I found my way here. I was reading the SN guide (might be the wrong word to use, srry if so) and realized that the reason this site looked so familiar is because she'd sent me a few screencaps of funny comments people had made on here in the months leading to her death. I've been lurking for a few days now and I want to say, knowing that she had this community when she left has brought me a peace about the entire situation I never thought I'd feel. I feel as if finding this was a gift from her in a way, and I can only imagine how much of a gift this site and all of you were to her during a time where she must have felt so alone.

as of now, I'm actively working to secure all of the supplies I need to go via SN. no luck yet, but the search has just started. I'm planning to go on her birthday, which gives me just under a year to get my affairs in order and complete my death plans in hopes that it will minimize the work my family will have to do when I'm gone, as well as complete notes for my family and friends, and give my belongings to the appropriate people.

since she's been gone, I've felt like nobody understands me, like I'm truly alone, like I deserve it for not being honest with her about how I was feeling. like maybe I'd left her alone too. in the short time I've been lurking, I've never felt so seen by anyone since her. I feel like everything I've ever felt or thought has been spilled through the hearts of other users on here and it's amazing. I'm not sure how involved she was in the community, or for how long she was, but I hope to get to know you all and, in a way, get to know her even though she's not here. thanks to anyone who reads this, sorry if this is too long or oversharing, but finding this site feels like a miracle.

Much love to everyone here x

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: abchia, Somber, wobblycoatrack and 46 others
F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
Hello and welcome to the forum. I'm so sorry for your loss. I hope your friend found some comfort here and I hope you will too.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Sleeper System, flatyeticorn, LoiteringClouds and 2 others
saddestbunny

saddestbunny

pastebin.com/xJuaSE0j
Feb 16, 2023
welcome to the forums, i'm sorry to hear about your friend. i hope you find peace however that manifests for you

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Sleeper System, lavender143once, WhyWasIBorn and 4 others
M.O.N

M.O.N

Aug 9, 2023
Hello and welcome to the forum. I'm so sorry for your loss. I hope your friend found some comfort here and I hope you will too.
thank you. since you're here too I'm guessing you could use some comfort too, I hope it finds its way to you. <3
welcome to the forums, i'm sorry to hear about your friend. i hope you find peace however that manifests for you
I'm finding peace slowly but surely. I hope the same happens for you, thank you for the kind words stranger <3

Last edited:
  • Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: saddestbunny, flatyeticorn, Praestat_Mori and 1 other person
P

Praestat_Mori

Mori praestat, quam haec pati!
May 21, 2023
Welcome to forum! Sorry for your loss but your friend is finally relieved from all their suffering! I hope you also find benefits in being with us here.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: LoiteringClouds, M.O.N and Forever Sleep
M.O.N

M.O.N

Aug 9, 2023
Welcome to forum! Sorry for your loss but your friend is finally relieved from all their suffering! I hope you also find benefits in being with us here.
thank you, and you're right. I miss her but the sadness doesn't outweigh the relief and joy I feel for her. probably one of the only times in her life that she put herself first. already finding lots of comfort here.

• Love
Reactions: flatyeticorn and Praestat_Mori
WhyWasIBorn

WhyWasIBorn

I didn't ask to be here... so why can't I leave?
Jan 18, 2019
It seems like your friend was going through too much themselves to have to bear even more weight of gruesomely taking yours in the last minutes. I'm sorry that didn't work out but know it was probably for the better. I wish you the best in whatever path you choose.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: LoiteringClouds and M.O.N
M.O.N

M.O.N

Aug 9, 2023
It seems like your friend was going through too much themselves to have to bear even more weight of gruesomely taking yours in the last minutes. I'm sorry that didn't work out but know it was probably for the better. I wish you the best in whatever path you choose.
you're probably right. that's one of the reasons I couldn't stay upset. once I got over the shock, I started thinking and if the roles of our plans had been reversed, I don't think I'd ever be able to take her life then just carry on ending my own. she was stronger when it came to working against her mind so I'm sure she would've, but that would've been such a fucked up end to such a horrible, sad life. I'm glad that she did what was right for her and went out in her bed, listening to her music.

hoping peace finds you wherever you go, and thank you for the kind wishes.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: wobblycoatrack, Sleeper System, kitty_kat and 4 others
MrDarkness

MrDarkness

Left sasu, to improve my life
Jun 18, 2023
This is one of the most depressing posts I've seen, sorry for your loss, I'm sorry your friend had to suffer with depression and now you, I hope your able to find peace in life or death, reading this makes me more stressed knowing my death could cause some else to die, you can't ever win in life sadly

• Hugs
Reactions: Teleftaía Anapnoí, Sleeper System, sleepyhollow and 4 others
Dead Already

Dead Already

Jul 14, 2023
Sorry that you lost your friend.
Sad story, you will make more friends here I think, they won't replace her but will help ease the pain.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: sleepyhollow, LoiteringClouds and M.O.N
M.O.N

M.O.N

Aug 9, 2023
This is one of the most depressing posts I've seen, sorry for your loss, I'm sorry your friend had to suffer with depression and now you, I hope your able to find peace in life or death, reading this makes me more stressed knowing my death could cause some else to die, you can't ever win in life sadly
thank you for the kindness and compassion, I'm sorry life has brought you to the same place. it seems impossible to leave this life without hurting others in some way, it's both beautiful and terrifying. it's true, there's a possibility your death could make someone want to follow but there's also a possibility it'll renew someone's spark for life. no matter what, I hope you're able to find peace as well, and the stress doesn't eat away at you too much. <3
Sorry that you lost your friend.
Sad story, you will make more friends here I think, they won't replace her but will help ease the pain.
thank you, and I hope so. just being able to share freely has allowed me to breathe for the first time in what feels like forever.
never knew spaces like this existed but it's a shame they're not more common because I feel like this would help with so much of the guilt and pain many deal with every day.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: Deleted member 65988, rationaltake and LoiteringClouds
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
At least now your friend is free from all suffering, rest in peace.

• Love
Reactions: M.O.N and flatyeticorn
M.O.N

M.O.N

Aug 9, 2023
At least now your friend is free from all suffering, rest in peace.
that's all she wanted in life, it's comforting knowing she has that now. this might be the first time she's ever been able to truly rest.

Bunnybrains

Bunnybrains

May 22, 2023
I know it means v little after so many comments, but u hope u can find a little bit of her in sasu- it sounds like u really need it. I hope she'll be there to give u a big hug around her birthday

• Hugs
Reactions: M.O.N
D

Deleted member 65988

Not much to say except echoing the sentiment of those above who've said it so well, welcome and I'm sorry for the loss of your friend.

• Hugs
M.O.N

M.O.N

Aug 9, 2023
I know it means v little after so many comments, but u hope u can find a little bit of her in sasu- it sounds like u really need it. I hope she'll be there to give u a big hug around her birthday
means a lot more than it has coming from people in my real life, seems like people really mean it here. wishing you all the best, and thank you.
Not much to say except echoing the sentiment of those above who've said it so well, welcome and I'm sorry for the loss of your friend.
not to sound like a broken record but thank you, I appreciate your words. the welcome here has been warmer than I could've imagined. sending well wishes your way.

Bunnybrains

Bunnybrains

May 22, 2023
Do u happen to know her username? Maybe u could reach out to a few people who might have chatted with her

M.O.N

M.O.N

Aug 9, 2023
Do u happen to know her username? Maybe u could reach out to a few people who might have chatted with her
no, unfortunately. I only know she was on here because I recognized it from screencaps she'd sent me. I've been trying to use the search feature to find any posts she may have made since her reasons were pretty specific but no luck yet. I don't even know if she had an account, I'm just assuming since the screencaps she sent were weeks apart and I'd imagine she had questions about her method since it's not one she was familiar with afaik. if you know, do accounts ever get fully deleted or would hers just be crossed out? assuming she posted a goodbye and everything.

E

eashanm

God
Feb 22, 2023
SN is 7/10 way to go. If you wanna talk you can hit me up.

• Love
lokabe82

lokabe82

To infinity and beyond
Jun 16, 2023
I'm so so sorry for this pain that you're going through. For your sake, I really hope you can find her account

• Love
Reactions: sleepyhollow and M.O.N
mono

mono

I hope my last breath is a sigh of relief.
Jul 11, 2023
Welcome to the forums! :) terribly sorry about your loss, I have a relationship with my friend somewhat like what you guys had so I understand to a point on how you must be feeling when losing someone as special as her. She sounds like a lovely person. I hope she found at least some comfort in this site, and I hope you do as well. Wishing you the best of luck <3

• Love
M.O.N

M.O.N

Aug 9, 2023
Welcome to the forums! :) terribly sorry about your loss, I have a relationship with my friend somewhat like what you guys had so I understand to a point on how you must be feeling when losing someone as special as her. She sounds like a lovely person. I hope she found at least some comfort in this site, and I hope you do as well. Wishing you the best of luck <3
thank you <3 reading your reply made me smile, its so special to find someone like that. I'm glad you both have each other and I'm sending good thoughts & love you guys' way. and thank you for the luck, keeping it in my pocket :)

• Love
Reactions: mono
trashprincess

trashprincess

She/Slur
Aug 8, 2023
*Hugs* 🫂
I'm sorry for your loss.
I hope you can find new connections here.
And I hope you can be reunited with your friend one day ♥️
Welcome 👋

• Love
mono

mono

I hope my last breath is a sigh of relief.
Jul 11, 2023
thank you <3 reading your reply made me smile, its so special to find someone like that. I'm glad you both have each other and I'm sending good thoughts & love you guys' way. and thank you for the luck, keeping it in my pocket :)
I'm glad I could make you smile! And thank you for sending good vibes our way, it's much appreciated :)

Mayonaise

Mayonaise

Burning up in speed
Dec 8, 2023
This is a tragic, almost film-esque story. You are lucky to have met a person with whom you could share your feelings. Cherish her memory, and remember that even if she was desperate you were there for her. I really hope she's somewhere better now.
Welcome to the community, you seem like a sensitive, kind soul. Your profile picture is really beautiful.

• Love
L

lightnings

Hell is here
May 12, 2023
Really sorry for your loss. Welcome to this community, hope you can find the peace you are looking for

• Hugs
M.O.N

M.O.N

Aug 9, 2023
This is a tragic, almost film-esque story. You are lucky to have met a person with whom you could share your feelings. Cherish her memory, and remember that even if she was desperate you were there for her. I really hope she's somewhere better now.
Welcome to the community, you seem like a sensitive, kind soul. Your profile picture is really beautiful.
thank you for the hopes on her behalf. lately I've felt the power of hope for others stronger than ever, I appreciate you putting that out there for her. as time passes, people speak about her less and less. it means a lot knowing that someone out there took a moment to think of her today. YOUR kindness and sensitivity are seen and appreciated. I'm sorry you've found yourself on here but I hope you find peace, love, and a feeling of home, both in this life and the next. sending so much love your way.

• Love
Reactions: Deleted member 65988 and 4am
Mayonaise

Mayonaise

Burning up in speed
Dec 8, 2023
thank you for the hopes on her behalf. lately I've felt the power of hope for others stronger than ever, I appreciate you putting that out there for her. as time passes, people speak about her less and less. it means a lot knowing that someone out there took a moment to think of her today. YOUR kindness and sensitivity are seen and appreciated. I'm sorry you've found yourself on here but I hope you find peace, love, and a feeling of home, both in this life and the next. sending so much love your way.
You are so very kind, it's a tragedy people like you/us have to deal with so much pain. Looking forward to talking to you - maybe, if/when both of us feel comfortable, in private

• Love