rui

rui

lots to think about
Apr 24, 2023
if you plan to write a farewell letter, will you directly name somebody in it? Whether it's to "call them out" or say goodbye to them specifically.

I've seen some say that they will directly name the person that was part of the reason they are ctb in their letter so im curious if others are too. that or you want to wish goodbye to a specific somebody.

if you aren't planning on doing either, what is your opinion on it?

• Love
Reactions: Adûnâi, swaraj and ShrimpSB
catotoctb

catotoctb

Aug 27, 2023
What i would do is to write letters for each person that made my life a little nicer. I don't think that i will "call anyone out" but will make them understand that some things they said made me feel awful and it never is as perfect as things can be for them, for me.
I apologise for my poor english, i hope you understood everything i said.

• Love
Reactions: Adûnâi, rui, ShrimpSB and 1 other person
S

ShrimpSB

Aug 26, 2023
Honestly, It never occured to me to name someone in my farewell. But, if I were to, it would most liekly be for saying goodbyes. I don't rly have people I'd want to call out, as my reasons of ctb dont directly relate to a person/people. But for those I'd have wanted to say farewell to, I'd probably would and mention a "thanks" and "it was fun" kinda of thing in there somewhere. Id want them to know that I enjoyed my time with them, and that I'm thinking of them even in my final moments.

• Love
Reactions: Adûnâi and rui
mono

mono

I hope my last breath is a sigh of relief.
Jul 11, 2023
No one is my reason exactly, people in general is what makes me hate this world but no one in specific. But in my letter I'd like to say a special goodbye to my two bestest friends, I've known them since elementary school and they've stuck by my side ever since. I love both of them dearly so I'd like to show that in my letter.

• Love
tora

tora

lonelycity
Jun 11, 2023
if there was a person who was the reason I was going to CTB, I would definitely call them out. I will be leaving a P.S thanking the government for keeping guns so accessable to suicidal people so idk if that counts lol
otherwise I will be leaving personalized goodbye notes for my mom and my twin

• Love
Despondent_Fondant

Despondent_Fondant

Jul 28, 2023
I don't want too leave people wondering, I would hate for someone to life the rest of their life with no closure about how I felt about them, whether it's good or bad. Every person who I care about, or who I think about a lot, has earned the right to understand our relationship from my perspective. Even if that perspective comes from a suicide note.

• Love
Reactions: Adûnâi, rui and mrscat
zurukunai

zurukunai

Sep 23, 2022
if you plan to write a farewell letter, will you directly name somebody in it? Whether it's to "call them out" or say goodbye to them specifically.

I've seen some say that they will directly name the person that was part of the reason they are ctb in their letter so im curious if others are too. that or you want to wish goodbye to a specific somebody.

if you aren't planning on doing either, what is your opinion on it?
my thoughts on this change a lot, but most commonly i would find it inappropriate to directly indicate any people in particular as being responsible for my suicide or responsible for having not prevented it.

ultimately, the choice is yours and yours alone.

Reactions: rui
O

outatime_85

Warlock
May 17, 2022
First, my journals serve as my notes and farewell letter.

Will you directly name someone in it? - 1: I do not think there is anyone to call out, as no one in my circle cares what happens to me or why it happened.

With regards to saying good-bye to anyone: - 2: Again, if you are speaking about people in real life, there is no one to name directly.

2.1: On the other hand, if you are speaking about people specifically on this site, I am not sure anyone here would miss me or really expect a goodbye from me (maybe I am wrong; I don't know).

If you aren't planning on doing either, what is your opinion on it? - 3: I think for some, saying good-bye to people who have made some meaningful impact on their lives, however short their interactions may have been, may give a small bit of closure but not necessarily peace (a sort of pat on the back thanking them for being there when no one else was, even if it was just two people trading words on a screen).

3.1: - As for writing and calling out those who have caused someone harm, that may bring about some form of catharsis for the person doing the calling out (for them, saying F* to the person for what they did needs to be said).

Sorry if my thoughts are off-base, rambling, or incoherent.

Last edited:
  • Love