• If you haven't yet, we highly encourage you to check out our Recovery Resources thread!
  • Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

F

Flick

Jun 26, 2020
So, I've been in therapy for a while now and I'm facing a pretty big issue that's impeding my ability to go forth and grow. I was wondering if anyone else experiences this too, and if you know a way to overcome it?

So I have like 23 major issues in my lift that I really need to deal with in order to really heal and operate like a whole, functional human being
And each takes turns in the spotlight every other month

here's the situation,
I can only afford therapy twice a month - which is a huge blessing as is

thing is, my life and moods are volatile. One week, a major issue is my insane fear of failing academically to the point that I'd do anything, even risking my health, to prevent it - so we talk abt it and make good progress that session. Obviously there's a lot more to talk abt before I can fully understand it and start to not feel so scared, which will take several sessions.
Thing is, two weeks later and finals are done so academic stress isn't an issue anymore. Now there another, more pressing issue that has arose

and I mean it's never ending. Do I move on to the current concern to my health/safety? Do I complete the previous subject? How do I ever resolve something if it's just different every time?

Genuinely just stumped on this. Feel like I can't get anywhere with therapy if it just keeps happening.
Just making me feel even more defeated :/

I can't be the only one, definitely, obviously.
Do you go through this? How so? Have you found a way through it?

• Hugs
Reactions: Lostandlooking and western_heart
Life_and_Death

Life_and_Death

Do what's best for you 🕯️ Sometimes I'm stressed
Jul 1, 2020
What about keeping notebooks. And you have one for each problem you have and you update it whenever you have that problem. That way you pick up where you left off and its sorted into their own notebooks.
(I hope that made sense)
also in regards to
Do I complete the previous subject
I feel that by trying to complete the previous subject that youre pushing your current problem aside and ive personally found that its healthier to work through it and understand it. So i personally dont advise this idea.
Also if you havent i would explain the situation and whatever plan you decide to go with to your therapist so they can help you with it.
I hope my advice helped :hug: :heart:

Last edited: