Arrow

Arrow

Rewrite
May 1, 2020
Wasn't entirely sure which subforum to post this in, but upon realizing that I figured that must mean it would be best put in Offtopic, so here we are.

Anyways recently I have noticed that properly identifying what exactly I'm feeling has become more difficult. I will be experiencing an emotion that I do not know what to call, and I am not sure what to do in response to feeling it, so I will usually just continue to sit wherever I am and allow it to continue.

Most of today I was feeling something that was like a kind of grating, grinding feeling. Most of the time it was unpleasant and I didn't like it, and other times it was unpleasant and I kind of enjoyed it for whatever reason. Overall, though, I didn't like feeling this way. I spent a lot of time thinking about my life trajectory and that it would likely end up in me feeling negatively, but I wasn't really sure how to feel about how I would feel in the future, which only led to a further grinding, burning feeling in my head/chest. It feels like trying to climb over something that's hot and sharp almost.

Another thing that can make identifying my feelings difficult is what I assume is some unwillingness on my part to align my current actions with future desires, and also seeing that future desires I may have are unrealistic or likely not to work out. I'm not sure if I should come to decide what my actual wants are by analyzing my behavior or listening to my literal thoughts about what I want/don't want.

Now I'm just sitting in my room, and thankfully it has subsided.

Do you guys ever have trouble identifying how you're feeling? Or can you relate? I'm interested to hear.

• Hugs
Reactions: TheSoulless and DeutscheKartoffel
DeutscheKartoffel

DeutscheKartoffel

Reclaiming my human rights & liberty thru suicide.
Dec 12, 2021
I am no expert but a fellow sufferer, however, to me it does sound like an anxiety factor at play here.

It is somewhat relatable regarding difficulty with emotions and general discontent with the situation and the gap between now and desired outcome. It is a frustrating feeling and because it's been long-lasting, there might not be anything new for the brain to analyze.

I am an eacapism-coper and perhaps live in a fantasy from time to time.
All I know is that the unpleasant stimulis must be eliminated for the organism's self preservation..
And thats what I do..

Last edited:
Reactions: Arrow
Arrow

Arrow

Rewrite
May 1, 2020
I am an eacapism-coper and perhaps live in a fantasy from time to time.
i escape into fantasy/daydreaming quite a lot as well. it's probably bad in the long run but when it doesn't feel like there are any solutions it's hard not to do it since it can be so enjoyable.

thanks for the reply

• Hugs
Reactions: DeutscheKartoffel
I

ilivebecuzicantdie

Mar 6, 2022
90% of the time I can't identify what I'm feeling.

Okay maybe not 90% but a quite a bit of time is spent not knowing what I'm feeling.

• Hugs
Reactions: DeutscheKartoffel and Arrow