• If you haven't yet, we highly encourage you to check out our Recovery Resources thread!
  • New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

divinemistress36

divinemistress36

Enlightened
Jan 1, 2024
Did changing your eating habits to healthier foods make any difference in your depression/ptsd ?

Valky

Valky

Petulant Child
Apr 4, 2023
I think it has a lot to do with the emotional eating cycle.
IMG 9077
Many people cope through eating. More stress/ uncomfortable situations/ negative thoughts lead to craving comfort food which can easily lead to overeating. Feeling of disgust and realisation sets in and the cycle starts all over.

Eating healthier food not only makes you feel healthier and more energetic but also prevents the cycle from completely taking over!

R_N

R_N

-Memento Mori-
Dec 3, 2019
I was a gym goer and ate well at one time. I wasn't much different back then besides being sad over things I no longer find important.

I think eating healthy and taking care of your body is not a bad idea tho. You are your body.

I could probably do it myself even in my state but I don't care anymore. I am not overeating nor malnourished. I eat because others want me to and out of habit. I honestly feel if I was left alone to my devices I would have 0 drive to survive. I would probably die of hunger or cold.

kelimackie

kelimackie

bleh
Sep 22, 2023
I tried eating healthy and exercise, but it made no sense to me since I absolutely hated doing it.

It worsened my depression a little bit because I couldn't eat the things I like anymore.

Of course, the junk food is in moderation, since it's very expensive where I live.

Reactions: divinemistress36
Slow_Farewell

Slow_Farewell

Warlock
Dec 19, 2023
I think it's how long it takes to take effect that's a pain in the behind.
I've corrected my diet to a certain extent, more veggies and fish and less pork.
although i've seen a bit of improvement (weight loss, but miniscule), its the day to day struggle thats really difficult.
For example, im the type to used to eat a meal just once a day, and rest was filled with nicotine and caffeine.
I liked who I was then. But unfortunately, i got myself into an environment of comfort. More food intake, less movement.
I felt heavier, sluggish.
Now that im trying to correct it, for me its much more of a struggle than before.

dragonofenvy

dragonofenvy

Mage
Oct 8, 2023
I'm still not a healthy person by any stretch, but I made some minor improvements. I started eating fruits more (not a veggie guy) and bought some weight gain powder since I'm 112lbs (50kg) yet I'm 5' 9" (1.75m) so I needed to gain weight. It made me feel a bit better about myself so it helped with the depression a bit, but didn't do anything for the PTSD. I don't know if I felt better because I was virtue-signaling myself or if it genuinely made me better. I still eat the same processed crap and don't cook much and consume a ton of soda every day, so maybe having just a little bit of something that was decent made a difference.