C

checkouttime

Visionary
Jul 15, 2020
I'm going to ignore any and all ignorant comments on this post. I was hurting deep inside this morning from my sons words, and needed an outlet. My apologies that place was here.

just to clarify, I have never and will never talk to my son about me wanting to die. He is 10 years old for gods sake, I am not a complete moron. Despite being severely mentally ill, I love that boy with my whole heart and he is cared for above and beyond.

take care.

absolutely love that reply, not the part about you hurting. but the way you got people 'told". I don't think for even 1 second you deserved any sort of negative reaction, to the situation you had just been in whatsoever!

• Love
Reactions: Greenberg and Deathbydemo
Soul

Soul

gate gate paragate parasamgate bodhi svaha
Apr 12, 2019
Nonetheless, @Deathbydemo, please seek out someone you and your son can both talk with. Something wants mending.

Reactions: Meditation guide
D

Deleted member 1768

Enlightened
Aug 15, 2018
Words from my 10 year old son this morning.

He's completely right. Makes this decision ten times easier.
Do you realize how vulnerable you are making your son? He needs your protection against the world, and you have essentially told him that he is not important enough for you to live for, and that you are the one who needs protecting. I am not ten, but honestly I would have said the same thing. Sorry but you have no right to do that to your son. Best wait until he can forget what has happened. You kill yourself now and you will traumatize that poor laddie for life.

• Love
Reactions: Nutmeg
C

checkouttime

Visionary
Jul 15, 2020
Do you realize how vulnerable you are making your son? He needs your protection against the world, and you have essentially told him that he is not important enough for you to live for, and that you are the one who needs protecting. I am not ten, but honestly I would have said the same thing. Sorry but you have no right to do that to your son. Best wait until he can forget what has happened. You kill yourself now and you will traumatize that poor laddie for life.

I don't think the OP said anything to her son, nor has discussed suicide with him. I think they were arguing and her son said this, for whatever reason. I think she was speaking in 3rd person, with the 'He's completely right. Makes this decision ten times easier'

Reactions: BitterlyAlive
BitterlyAlive

BitterlyAlive

---
Apr 8, 2020
I don't think the OP said anything to her son, nor has discussed suicide with him. I think they were arguing and her son said this, for whatever reason. I think she was speaking in 3rd person, with the 'He's completely right. Makes this decision ten times easier'
Agreed. I thought I was being really dumb when people were saying "How dare you tell your child you're suicidal" when I never saw anything that said it? I was so confused. I still feel like I missed something...

Reactions: checkouttime
C

checkouttime

Visionary
Jul 15, 2020
Agreed. I thought I was being really dumb when people were saying "How dare you tell your child you're suicidal" when I never saw anything that said it? I was so confused. I still feel like I missed something...

"just to clarify, I have never and will never talk to my son about me wanting to die. He is 10 years old for gods sake, I am not a complete moron"

Reactions: GoodPersonEffed
G

Ghost2211

Archangel
Jan 20, 2020
It seems op forgot to mention in the first post that the child was not informed of suicidal intent, and people jumped to conclusions. Until people have kids they don't always realize how mean kids can be when angry, and how good they are at seeing out vulnerable spots.

Reactions: checkouttime
C

checkouttime

Visionary
Jul 15, 2020
It seems op forgot to mention in the first post that the child was not informed of suicidal intent, and people jumped to conclusions. Until people have kids they don't always realize how mean kids can be when angry, and how good they are at seeing out vulnerable spots.

I don't need to have kids to realise! i realise because i was that kid capable of that sort of stuff. yes i'm a wanker ( not saying OP child is just to clarify)

EDIIT I'm not a kid anymore, some may disagree!!!!! definitely don't look it lol

Last edited:
Reactions: Ghost2211
G

Goodbye710

Student
Jul 12, 2020
Deathbydemo,
My grandmother, a widow, was staying with us for several years. When it was announced to me, around 10 years old at the time, that she was leaving, I was happy. Happy because I would get my room back. Not that she was leaving though. She, who looked after memy whole life said something about me not caring and I probably responded similar to what your son said.

A few years later she passed away without me ever really seeing her. My heart broke for the first time then. I loved my grandmother with my whole heart and it was something I regretted my whole life. Even at the moment I said it, I regretted it.

You probably caught your son at the wrong time. Without him thinking. An automatic response. TV/internet program or something.

Please don't take one comment personal. Multiple comments is something to worry about. Not 1.

• Aww..
Reactions: Ghost2211 and checkouttime
Nutmeg

Nutmeg

Maybe I ate all the marshmallows, maybe I didn't.
Aug 16, 2020
Yeaaaaah because a KID will say that to his mother for no reason!? "Die if you want...'' IF YOU WANT!!!!!!! He probably told him several times that she "wants" to end her life so he replied with that.

Last edited:
  • Wow
  • Aww..
Reactions: mahakaliSS_MahaDurga, Meditation guide, Deleted member 17331 and 1 other person
BitterlyAlive

BitterlyAlive

---
Apr 8, 2020
Yeaaaaah because a KID will say that to his mother for no reason!? "Die if you want...'' IF YOU WANT!!!!!!! she probably told him several times that she "wants" to end her life so he replied with that.
Mmm, you're right. I guess that went over my head. :meh:

• Hugs
Reactions: Nutmeg
C

checkouttime

Visionary
Jul 15, 2020
perhaps we shouldn't 'presume' things, and then abuse other members. i don't think thats what the OP was asking for when they posted the thread.

EDIT I'm no angel and have done this, and have apologised before!!!

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: Deleted member 17331, Stolen Absolution, GoodPersonEffed and 2 others
GoodPersonEffed

GoodPersonEffed

Brevity is my middle name, but my name was TL
Jan 11, 2020
Yeaaaaah because a KID will say that to his mother for no reason!? "Die if you want...'' IF YOU WANT!!!!!!! she probably told him several times that she "wants" to end her life so he replied with that.

But OP said they haven't told their kid. That's why I asked in a comment how they thought the kid might have come up with this and listed ideas. It seems like there has to be a context for it, but not necessarily that the OP told the child they're contemplating suicide. If the kid has aggression issues, doesn't want to go to school and brandishes anger as a means of self-protection and -defense, and is making comments like this, something is going on. And for some reason, he doesn't feel safe to confide, but that doesn't automatically mean it's the OP's fault that he doesn't, nor that any of it is about the OP.

Reactions: Deleted member 17331, Nutmeg and BitterlyAlive
C

checkouttime

Visionary
Jul 15, 2020
But OP said they haven't told their kid. That's why I asked in a comment how they thought the kid might have come up with this and listed ideas. It seems like there has to be a context for it, but not necessarily that the OP told the child they're contemplating suicide. If the kid has aggression issues, doesn't want to go to school and brandishes anger as a means of self-protection and -defense, and is making comments like this, something is going on. And for some reason, he doesn't feel safe to confide, but that doesn't automatically mean it's the OP's fault that he doesn't, nor that any of it is about the OP.

I actually thought what you said....maybe the child had seen something online or some indication they were trying to CTB(I know im guessing here, but its because im trying to 'figure' out, why it got said.)

It could also be total coincidence.

what i can say is that I have said some horrible things to my mother, probably similar aswell. and my mum has never been trying to CTB.( yes i know i am not nice, and no i don't think its clever either)

Last edited:
Reactions: GoodPersonEffed
dec132013

dec132013

Aug 6, 2020
I don't wanna force choices onto you, but I strongly suggest you to not ctb anytime soon, or he's never gonna forget that convo and would be haunted by it for a very long time.

He likely didn't mean it the way we interrupted it, kids are dumb and tend to not handle emotions well. Probably just got super frustrated and wanted you to leave him alone for a bit

• Love
Reactions: Nutmeg, GoodPersonEffed and BitterlyAlive
S

Smudgedlines

I like wine.
Jan 23, 2020
I'd be looking as to what might be going on at school. Anger, lashing out, not wanting to go.... could there be a possibility of bullying?

Reactions: mahakaliSS_MahaDurga, GoodPersonEffed and BitterlyAlive
mahakaliSS_MahaDurga

mahakaliSS_MahaDurga

Visionary
Apr 2, 2020
Yeaaaaah because a KID will say that to his mother for no reason!? "Die if you want...'' IF YOU WANT!!!!!!! He probably told him several times that she "wants" to end her life so he replied with that.

The kid knows she is suicidal, otherwise he would have worded this in a different way. It is really hard to hide the fact that we are depressed/suicidal from those closest to us, he must have overheard something. Refusing to go to school might indicate that he is being bullied or that he struggles with the curriculum. Having his own problems and on top of that being around a depressed person at home is an incredible burden on a child.

OP, is the boy's father in the picture?

Invisible 73

Invisible 73

Jun 22, 2019
Words from my 10 year old son this morning.

He's completely right. Makes this decision ten times easier.

No he's not. He's not even aware of what he's saying at that age. Sounds like he repeated something he heard someone else (an adult) say about you.

Is he aware of your being suicidal? That's a heavy load on a 10 y/o. Who can't even grasp what the concept really means.

I'm guessing he may be struggling himself w.whatever the situation is in ur home rn. As a result of ur suicidal ideation.

Are u discussing ur thoughts, desires to kill yourself where he can hear you? Does he see u being depressed?

He is crying out for help himself, bcos he can't handle this grown up situation anymore. And I recommend you get him some ASAP!!!! Your depression is affecting your child and that's never a good thing!