Did you 'reach out'?

• Total voters
EmptyHeaded

EmptyHeaded

Experienced
Jan 24, 2024
I didn't and have no interest in ever doing it. It feels, for lack of a better word, cringe.

Reactions: ham and potatoes and Forever Sleep
alltoomuch2

alltoomuch2

Arcanist
Feb 10, 2024
I am an extremely honest and blunt person, most likely due to my autism. Because of this hiding my suicidal tendencies hasn't been much of an option. I say what I think, whether I like it or not - to my own detriment tbh. I have made it abundantly clear to everyone in my life that I am mentally ill, and I am struggling. But people just do not take me seriously. People generally do not care, until death is knocking at your door. Even so, even during my previous attempts, nobody seemed to care either. I suppose I just have very not empathetic people in my life.

As of recently however, I have been able to keep quiet and hide this from my family. I'm not sure what has changed, but nowadays I can keep things to myself, probably because I have an outlet here on SaSu. I am grateful for this, as telling people irl has caused me nothing but misery and making my problems worse.
This is so much like me (also autistic)

• Hugs
Reactions: Forever Sleep
leloyon

leloyon

I'll see you in the Wired.
Feb 4, 2023
I've reached out in the past, but currently act like I am no longer suicidal. I am beyond help. There is no point, telling people will only make them get in my way.

• Hugs
BojackHorseman

BojackHorseman

The View From Halfway Down
Feb 8, 2023
I picked other because I didn't reach out and say specifically that I was suicidal, but I did verbally request help twice as a child that I was not ok. The first time was to my school counselor in elementary school. Dumb bitch told my mother I saw her, so I got in trouble and told I couldn't see her anymore. Then in either late middle school or early high school I told my mother and she just ignored me. Acted like nothing was ever said. I never said suicidal, but I definitely said sad and depressed.

• Aww..
easy

easy

Jan 24, 2023
Yes to many people, but nothing has worked.

• Hugs
willitpass

willitpass

Don’t try to offer me help, I’ve tried everything
Mar 10, 2020
In the past, absolutely. Everyone in my life knew and many of them knew to the fullest extent. That's what wound me up in and out of the hospital, in constant therapy, trialling all of the meds in the book, even given shock therapy. There were no secrets. I reached to every corner I could get my hands on. Then none of it helped, but the issues persisted, and there was nowhere left to turn. People in my life would be blind sighted now. I don't know if they would say there were no signs, but I've only told a few select friends that I'm still suicidal. I think if would come as a shock, but with my history it would not be impossible to believe. There's no treatment left for me though, why hurt the ones I love even further by making them face the awful corners of my mind with me?

• Hugs
ham and potatoes

ham and potatoes

Just some hillbilly
Mar 27, 2024
No. I mean the signs are there. Alot of people have noticed I'm loosing weight, and not really hanging out with friends or doing much of anything anymore.
If I reach out to a doctor, Im afraid I'd get involuntary committed to a shitty place then hit with a big bill for it, plus probably loose my job and I'm pretty sure if your involuntarly committed, your banned from owning guns....
If I'd reach out to my friends I'd just scare em off
And if I reach out to my family about it and they would probably treat me like I'm crazy, or say something like "your life is great, what do you have to be depressed about"

• Hugs