L

LittleJem

Visionary
Jul 3, 2019

Just found out... he had an OD of morphine from his doctor. Nice way to go.

• Wow
Reactions: mahakaliSS_MahaDurga, Pookie, Predestinated and 8 others
LenkaX

LenkaX

Maybe there is a hope!
Aug 14, 2020
If professional euthanasia was available to everybody (let's say over 18), this world would be a much better place!!!

Reactions: AutoTap, TooConscious, Pookie and 4 others
Amumu

Amumu

Ctb - temporary solution for a permanent problem
Aug 29, 2020
He had been suffering from cancer for a long time I think

hoping to lose hope

hoping to lose hope

<3 Message me to trade music <3
Nov 14, 2020
Socrates had an assisted death as well.

Reactions: Predestinated
T

TheEndisNear121200

Student
Oct 10, 2020
He had been suffering from cancer for a long time I think
Yes according to the article, he had cancer of the mouth for 16 years

Reactions: Amumu
J

Jean Améry

Enlightened
Mar 17, 2019
Yes, still he suffered a great deal before that from cancer of the jaw. I read in the end his breath smelled so bad even his most beloved and loyal dog wouldn't come near him anymore.

Ironically he wrote this about suicide:

"So immense is the ego's self-love, which we have come to recognize as the primal state from which instinctual life proceeds, and so vast is the amount of narcissistic libido which we see liberated in the fear that emerges at a threat to life, that we cannot conceive how that ego can consent to its own destruction."

Source: https://ethicsofsuicide.lib.utah.edu/selections/freud/ (subtitel 'from Mourning and Melancholia', 2d paragraph)

I guess he found out, didn't he?

I abhor people who think they have the right to dictate their own moral views to others and force them to live and die a certain way. Freud was instrumental in the emergence of psychiatry which in my mind is one of the greatest threats to freedom and the rule of law ever devised. Not to mention it's prety much quackery just like Freud's completely unscientific 'theories'.

Last edited:
Reactions: Bauhaus, LittleJem, 262653 and 1 other person
VisionsOfHell

VisionsOfHell

Experienced
Oct 31, 2020
Freud was instrumental in the emergence of psychiatry which in my mind is one of the greatest threats to freedom and the rule of law ever devised. Not to mention it's prety much quackery just like Freud's completely unscientific 'theories'.
Yeah Freud was a crook. He was always scared to take a holiday because his patients might recover while he's away...

Reactions: mahakaliSS_MahaDurga