• Yes

Votes: 80 76.9%
  • No

Votes: 24 23.1%

• Total voters
byebyemadworld

byebyemadworld

Aug 17, 2023
There was no internet for me as a child! Lol. I'm 43. I bet you can't even imagine that?!! 😉. We had to go to the library, read a book, wait for our favourite programmes to be sheduled on TV and when computer games came along- they didn't save your progress. When you died- you'd have to start again! Ha ha- the 'good' old days. 😉

I don't think I really started using the internet till I was in my twenties. By then, it was probably 'safer'. It was that weird dial up thing then- you couldn't use your phone at the same time. Things have changed so much. It must have been weird at the start though I imgine... was the whole thing more like the dark web?!!
Same for me. I'm 44.

• Hugs
Reactions: Forever Sleep
FormerlyFe(IV)

FormerlyFe(IV)

Snapped.
Jun 27, 2023
Kinda, yeah. I had access to the internet since I was 7, we had broadband even. But I was pretty young so I only stuck to flash game sites like Lego, Disney, Nickelodeon, Miniclip, etc. I usually was using the PC when my parents weren't busy (shared PC and they worked on it) so I didn't really have supervision but I didn't really stray much.

When I got older, family PC, then my own PC, but they were in the living room and my parents stopped leaving the home as often. Did I see a lot of messed up shit, like shock sites and stuff? Yes, partly by the influence of my friends. I also tried to watch adult content when they were away, was caught a few times, and they even installed a childproofing system that I managed to disable myself.

I mean yes I did see some awful stuff (https://sanctioned-suicide.net/threads/whats-the-worst-thing-youve-seen.126035/#post-2084009) but at least I'm internet literate and it helped a lot for when I didn't have friends or school to go to.